66 barracuda formula s tach HELP

-
No! The 66 had it in dash, the 65 had it as an afterthought by the left knee cap behind a seperate 3.5" bezel. Get the right diameter tach (5"?) for your inset dash tach and then you may be able to do a retrofit.

No! The 66 had it in dash, the 65 had it as an afterthought by the left knee cap behind a seperate 3.5" bezel. Get the right diameter tach (5"?) for your inset dash tach and then you may be able to do a retrofit.
That’s what I have, a ‘65.

OK, 65, your good on original 3.5 ST2 tach, just double check your diameter. Unscrew bezel from the back and the whole thing comes out the front. Remove the captive screws and the tach comes out leaving the bezel and lens. Gut the ST2 and slide it in, I think it fits with the same mounting screw. I went off the old SW because I went with a CD ignition and the sardine sender wouldn't work with the CD system. Had no idea they were so valuable until Ebay hit north of $450 in the last 5 minutes. Once again, stupid prices for old stuff. Sent it to Canada, and Fedex F'd me like $70 on brokerage fees. WTF? Never again.

OK, 65, your good on original 3.5 ST2 tach, just double check your diameter. Unscrew bezel from the back and the whole thing comes out the front. Remove the captive screws and the tach comes out leaving the bezel and lens. Gut the ST2 and slide it in, I think it fits with the same mounting screw. I went off the old SW because I went with a CD ignition and the sardine sender wouldn't work with the CD system. Had no idea they were so valuable until Ebay hit north of $450 in the last 5 minutes. Once again, stupid prices for old stuff. Sent it to Canada, and Fedex F'd me like $70 on brokerage fees. WTF? Never again.

Thanks for the information. My sender went bad years ago.

-
Back