67 barracuda back up light swich

-

273 ball

Reaction score
Hi I have a back up swich for my 67 cuda I'm wondering where it mounts to .
Looks like it has two wires on it .its for a automatic .

273 ball

For 67 automatic, That switch was mounted either on the left side of a floor shifter or low and on top of the shifter column. The plastic stem is part of the floor shifter type switch. The little stem that comes out of the steering column to actuate that switch is also plastic. It is the designed point of failure. A metal stem could lock up the shifter due to a bad switch until enough force threw switch parts in the floor. Anyway... If that stem is broken, I have seen reproductions available. I can't say where that was.

For 67 automatic, That switch was mounted either on the left side of a floor shifter or low and on top of the shifter column. The plastic stem is part of the floor shifter type switch. The little stem that comes out of the steering column to actuate that switch is also plastic. It is the designed point of failure. A metal stem could lock up the shifter due to a bad switch until enough force threw switch parts in the floor. Anyway... If that stem is broken, I have seen reproductions available. I can't say where that was.
hi my car has
the column shfit dose that swich mount on the side of the steering column .

^^YES^^. The transmission mounted switch was not until 68? or 69

I have the switch I need the nob or what ever fastens to it ,someone help?

-
Back