'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-

Mr Man

Reaction score
Hi all,
I visit here every day but rarely share anything. Finally getting paint on the car inspired me to post some pics to show how far I've come in 3 years, and how much work is still left to do. I'm glad the block sanding is finally over!

Thanks to this site for keeping me motivated!

Scott :supz:

01-1.jpg

01-2.jpg

01-3.jpg

01-4.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Wow, beautiful paint. I know that paint would not look so good without ALOT of prep work. Way to stay with it. Good luck on your build. It's not a bad thing to share your progress either:) You may even give inspiration and ideas for others. Great job!

PS How hard were the tunnel mods?

Wow,she looks awesome.What color is that? Thanks for sharing the pics.Keep up the great work.Gotta love those Cudas!!8)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. The paint is Lexus Matador Red Mica. It really shows body lines nicely in the sun.

PS How hard were the tunnel mods?

The tunnel mods were tough - I had to fab a new crossmember and cut out a lot more of the floor than I expected. The trans is a TKO-600 I bought out of a Mustang (not a kit from Keisler). I think the Keisler kit is a bit easier to do.

Scott

That is going to be a beautiful car Scott! Well worth your efforts. 75

That bod is silky smooth! Love that red, gonna be a looker for sure. Nice work on the tranny member as well..

Grant

Thanks for the compliments! I posted more pictures on my buddy's website here:

www.myrideisme.com/garage/hallner

You can click on the different tabs to see bodywork, paint, subframe connectors, etc.

Next step is setting up the rearend, hopefully this weekend...

Scott

Wow man, love the color too, looks yummy like candy.

Gonna be a sexy ride when finished.

Is that a tremec-5 speed?

What will the final drivetrain consist of?

Wow man, love the color too, looks yummy like candy.

Gonna be a sexy ride when finished.

Is that a tremec-5 speed?

What will the final drivetrain consist of?

Thanks man. Your car is awesome too, and a good source of inspiration for me.
Yes, it's a used Tremec TKO600. It doesn't have any mods like the Keisler TKO has, so I had to hack up the floor quite a bit to get it to fit.

As for the rest of the drivetrain, I have an almost-new (8000 mi) 360 Magnum block to make into a 408 stroker. I plan to use ported RHS iron heads, hopefully 475hp or so... I'm using a Quick Time bellhousing, Centerforce clutch, and a narrowed 8 3/4 with 3.73's and a Sure Grip. Rear tires are 315-35-17.

-
Back