'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
there are also places you can get them rebuilt...
I have always bought the pins and bushings, and done it myself. Is there some reason that isn't good enough?

Beautiful job on the Coupe Scott, I look forward to watching the progress, and look forward to more pictures! Love the color, it really works with those lines.

Thumbs up!

Good job Scott...I seen a car just like yours here locally with a 383 in it....yours will look real nice when you are completed...it makes me want to blow mine apart for a real nice paint job next year...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Next step: Fuel system and brake lines, then the engine.

315's in the rear???? I am sooooo jealous.....

I got my Sumitomo tires from TireRack for $99 a piece. Dirt cheap for 315's! I'm sure they're not the best quality, but I plan on tearing them up with smoky burnouts anyway.

Scott

Haven't spent enough time in the garage lately, but I've managed to get a few things done. The front suspension is now rebuilt (with fabricated sway bar tabs) and painted, and I built a cart to wheel the K-member and engine/trans around. I plan on installing the whole piece from the bottom when the time comes.

Got some recovered older Recaro's and built the mounting brackets.

As for the fuel tank, the '67 one strap design always scared me so I changed it to a 2 strap design with some homemade brackets. It's the little stuff that takes a long time. The tank is clearcoated and finally installed. Next challenge: Where the hell can I mount my Holley electric fuel pump?

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0114.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 867
  • DSCN0117.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 865
  • DSCN0111.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 876
  • DSCN0112.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 878
  • DSCN0109.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 866
your car is beautifull !!!

You wondering where to mount your fuel pump..... Aeromotive sells a pump that mounts inside the tank. ie Super Quiet!!

I realize your tank is mounted and painted but a die grinder and a little bit of weld work and your done... My pump is mounted outside on the amx and I have to admit I am tired of hearing it.

You can hide your holly fuel pump behind the rear tire as shown in this pic.

You can make a simple shield (Not Shown) that attaches to the pinch welded lip for protection from rocks/blown tires.

Hope this helps.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_2235w.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 952
your car is beautifull !!!

You wondering where to mount your fuel pump..... Aeromotive sells a pump that mounts inside the tank. ie Super Quiet!!

I realize your tank is mounted and painted but a die grinder and a little bit of weld work and your done... My pump is mounted outside on the amx and I have to admit I am tired of hearing it.

Thanks for the complement! I searched for Aeromotive in-tank pumps a while back and the ones I could find were extremely expensive, so I went with a Holley HP. It's fairly quiet, but I admit an in-tank pump would be ideal. Do you have a part # for the pump you're using?

Thanks!

You can hide your holly fuel pump behind the rear tire as shown in this pic.

You can make a simple shield (Not Shown) that attaches to the pinch welded lip for protection from rocks/blown tires.

Hope this helps.

Mop

Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna see if I can make the Holley fit in that location (it's supposed to be mounted vertically but I think I can still hide it).

Nice fastback by the way!

Scott

looks sweeet... now come over to nebraska and work on my '67. Its nice and warm in the shop at 13* F. Oh, BTW, I dont need much work, jus new framerails and complete quarters on one side Total paint strip...... some fab work.....you know, just the easy stuff.........HAHAHAHA, just kiddin, looks awesome!!! THat paint is a mile deep and pefectly straight, wow, that will look nice going sown the road!!

looks sweeet... now come over to nebraska and work on my '67. Its nice and warm in the shop at 13* F. Oh, BTW, I dont need much work, jus new framerails and complete quarters on one side Total paint strip...... some fab work.....you know, just the easy stuff.........HAHAHAHA, just kiddin, looks awesome!!! THat paint is a mile deep and pefectly straight, wow, that will look nice going sown the road!!

Thanks man! I'm actually on the way to my home town of Grand Island now for Christmas. It's a 17 hour drive from the Phoenix area... It's perfect garage weather back home right now but the summers are terrible.

Scott

You have to take it to the big Mopar show at Vegas next summer. Then we can read about it in the magazines. Talk about a well planned out project.

super sweet there Scott! Love those Barracudas. I see the photos where you cut out body sheet metal for replacement, did you replace it with OEM sheetmetal cut off of another cuda or replace with aftermarket?

You have to take it to the big Mopar show at Vegas next summer. Then we can read about it in the magazines. Talk about a well planned out project.

Maybe in 2012 lol. I'll be there in '11 but only as a spectator.

super sweet there Scott! Love those Barracudas. I see the photos where you cut out body sheet metal for replacement, did you replace it with OEM sheetmetal cut off of another cuda or replace with aftermarket?

Thanks! I used aftermarket sheetmetal - the quality isn't the greatest but I couldn't find/afford original stuff. The aftermarket stuff is thinner and the stamping lines arent as crisp. It takes a lot of prep work to make them look nice, but us a-body guys don't have a lot of choice when it comes to replacement sheetmetal. :(

Ok, so I took tubbedamx's advice and went with an in-tank fuel pump. It's a Walbro 255lph EFI pump but I have read it works well when regulated to 7psi and with a return line. Used some 3/16" steel rod to make a bracket for the pump. The hardest part was keeping the setup compact enough to fit through the hole in the tank. I opened up the hole as much as I could with a die grinder and finally got it to fit.

The pump is at quite an angle so it'll probably start sucking air when I still have a few gallons left in the tank... oh well. I'm happy that I don't have to mount a big external pump somewhere, and I'm ready for EFI if I ever feel like it.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0168-1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 875
  • DSCN0172-1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 868
  • DSCN0173-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 853
  • DSCN0175-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 853
That's beautiful. You've done an amazing job. Hope my 68 comes out half as gorgeous.

-
Back