'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
i,m looking for windshield gasket for my 1967 barracuda fastback. please help i sure do need it. Thank you cejcuda

We found our's a Dante's. www.dantesparts.com We went with 68 gasket kit so that "Red" could get 68 Barracuda trim around back glass. We spent a total of 244.00 for all reveal clips (front & back), and both front and back gaskets (w/shield, rear window). Their tel.# is 609-332-4194. Wife and I looked at different sites and talked to local shops to check on best prices out there. These guys did not charge for extra shipping or taxes (Texas).Good luck.

Yes sir, it's an AAR hood. Very nice quality. My only problem is that it sags a lot near the cowl vent, but I think that's because I don't have a hood seal to hold it up right now.

Scott

Scott - are you using the factory hinges? If so, what are you using for springs? How much prep work did that hood need?

Scott - are you using the factory hinges? If so, what are you using for springs? How much prep work did that hood need?

Hey Michael, I'm using factory hinges but for now I don't have any springs on them at all. My plan was to get some low-tension springs but I haven't done anything about it yet. For now I will be using a prop rod to keep the hood up.

The hood needed very little prep work. No trimming or major tweaking was required. I just block sanded with high-build primer and painted it.

Nice notch by the way...

Nice notch by the way...

Thanks. I really like the six pack hood on a Notch - I just may have to.

Looking at two sets of options. Either flat black, like yours, or body color, like "cuda20". The other option is to go with hood pins or hinges. If hinged - then I would want to do a gas strut rod under the fender. I can't remember who I saw do that but it was a great idea.

I'm thinking Dark Forest Green Metallic paint, flat black lower door stripes, flat black six pack hood, and the spring special rear decklid reflective decal.

The car looks absolutely awesome.. Love that color.. I cant wait to see her all finished.. great job!

Slow but steady progress...

I've been trying to get odds and ends done. Trunk is finished (purists aren't going to like it), all fuel and brake lines are done, sound deadener is installed, and I'm starting on a homemade dash to hold my Autometer gauges. I wish Rocky Mountain Dashes was still around...

I'm going with a different approach on my dash. Instead of being inset into the dash, they are going to stick out 3-D style. The gauges on the right will be angled towards the driver's seat. My idea came from a Nissan 350Z I used to own. Hopefully it doesn't look too bug-eyed... I've only got about $20 into the metal so it's no huge loss if I scrap it.

After the gauge pods are welded in I will cut the sheetmetal down to fit in the dash and have it powdercoated.

Attachments

• DSCN0210-1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 832
  • DSCN0211-1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCN0214-1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 832
  • DSCN0215-1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 815
  • DSCN0220-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 832
Thanks guys, I hope to have more pics up soon. Been busy with rewiring the car, putting the windows back in, mounting a Vintage Air system, headliner, etc.

Speaking of windows, the quarter window regulators on these cars are complicated and a real pain in the ***! I spent a full day figuring out how they went back in.

Scott

Thanks guys, I hope to have more pics up soon. Been busy with rewiring the car, putting the windows back in, mounting a Vintage Air system, headliner, etc.

Speaking of windows, the quarter window regulators on these cars are complicated and a real pain in the ***! I spent a full day figuring out how they went back in.

Scott

for sure. Well worth the effort to get them right though.
Less wind noise and less water running down the inside of the glass at the car wash.
If you were improving the original wiring harness i could offer a few tips since i just completed that task.
Looking forward to more pics too.

Your cuda is looking real good. Can't wait to see how your dash turns out.

Attachments

• 100_0141.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 758
Literally breathtaking job you are doing so far. Keep the pics coming...you're inspiring us all!

I too have a '67 Notch and want to eventually paint her a candy or pearl red (she's 2000 Corvette PPG yellow right now - previous owner's choice). After doing some more research, there are a few OEM reds that get very close to a candy/pearl without all the headache of a custom job, one of which is the Lexus Matador Red Mica that you have chosen. Just thought I'd throw a few more options out there in case anyone else is thinking the same way Scott and I are.

1. Lexus' Matador Red Mica (Scott's choice...looks outstanding)
2. Jaguar's Radiance Metallic Red
3. Dodge's Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
4. Toyota's Salsa Red Pearl
5. Mazda's Velocity Red Mica

Attachments

• from front.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 758
If you were improving the original wiring harness i could offer a few tips since i just completed that task.
Looking forward to more pics too.

Thanks RedFish. I decided to go with an American Auto Wire universal kit. In hindsight, the original harness was in great shape and I should probably have reused it.

Your cuda is looking real good. Can't wait to see how your dash turns out.

I appreciate it. The dash insert is all welded up and I'm smoothing out a few spots with body filler. Should have pics soon...

Literally breathtaking job you are doing so far. Keep the pics coming...you're inspiring us all!

I too have a '67 Notch and want to eventually paint her a candy or pearl red (she's 2000 Corvette PPG yellow right now - previous owner's choice). After doing some more research, there are a few OEM reds that get very close to a candy/pearl without all the headache of a custom job, one of which is the Lexus Matador Red Mica that you have chosen. Just thought I'd throw a few more options out there in case anyone else is thinking the same way Scott and I are.

1. Lexus' Matador Red Mica (Scott's choice...looks outstanding)
2. Jaguar's Radiance Metallic Red
3. Dodge's Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
4. Toyota's Salsa Red Pearl
5. Mazda's Velocity Red Mica

I personally almost went with yellow paint. I think yours looks great as-is! After deciding on Lexus red, the Dodge color was a close 2nd choice. The Lexus color is slightly darker. I believe most of the above colors are intended to be a 3-stage paint system (mine was red base, transparent gold/silver mid coat, and clear). 3-stage is getting pretty common on new cars and my paint was surprisingly easy to shoot evenly. Mine is Glasurit base and SPI universal clear.

Scott

Just read thru your thread and all I can say is wow!!!! That thing is looking great sure wish I had your skills, too many nice rides on this site now, may have to put mine away in the garage and ride a bike for awhile till I can build up some confidince again to take it out. I feel so inferior. lol

Awsome Job. Keep it up.

I have some progress to show... Here's my sheetmetal dash insert. It was tough getting the angles perfect and cutting the holes, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. The gauge bezels are made out of scraps of exhaust pipe. I used a little bondo to fill in the weld areas and made a matching trim piece for the glove box door. The bottom stripe is painted in cheap Summit base/clear and the black part is wrinkle paint. Hopefully I'll have the gauges installed soon. The four holes where the radio usually goes is for the A/C controls for the Vintage Air system I'm currently installing.

Quarter and vent windows are in, and I just ordered the rest of my interior stuff today.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0630-1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 656
  • DSCN0629-1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCN0628-1.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCN0627-1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 691
  • DSCN0342-1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 688
  • DSCN0339-1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 667
  • DSCN0338-1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0337-1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCN0341-1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 677
The car is awsome. Love the dash, who need Rocky Mountain when you can do it yourself? Great job so far.

Thanks guys! I enjoy looking at everyone's builds on here, it gives me new ideas on how to build my car. I just wish I had more time to spend in the garage!

Mullinax, your car is awesome. Definitely lots of detail and thought put into your build.

:headbang:

-
Back