'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
Dash looks great, nice job. Can you tell me where you bought your master cyl, and what the bore is? Thanks.

Thanks Varlo. The rear wheels are Torq Thrust II, 17 x 11 with zero offset to give it a deep dish look. I ordered the wheels from Summit a few years ago. I believe they were about $310 a piece. The custom offset made them a little pricey - I think you can get 17x11 with standard offsets for around $260. I have a pair of 16 X 7's for the front.

Great build....... Not sure how I missed it! Keep up the great work. The dash looks really good!!

Installed the shoulder belts from XV Motorsports today. You have to weld in a reinforced plate in the roof rail. I took a pic of that a few years ago but can't find it. I guess they look OK and I will feel a lot safer than using the old lap belts.

Scott

Actually that shoulder belt will also keep you from geting pulled over in that pretty ride as much. Cops are too young to remember that they didn't start putting in shoulder belts until 1968.

Really like what you are doing and may copy the dash idea. That color is georgous and yes, my car will be candy apple crimson if the body gets straight enough to deserve it. You gonna have a killer ride!

Just viewed the entire thread and must say you have some nice fabricating skills; I love the build. Theres alot of care and attention to detail....I'll be following the rest of the build from here on out. I especially
like the dash, extremely cool.

Boy I love this build also and just subscribed as well, Great Job Love it. Keep up the awesome work.

Dash looks great, nice job. Can you tell me where you bought your master cyl, and what the bore is? Thanks.

Thanks tincup. I bought the master cylinder off of moparts last year from Rich Ehrenberg. He posts them for sale occasionally. The bore size is 1.125" which may end up being too big for me. I'll find out when I get the car on the ground. I will be using 1st gen Viper calipers in the front.

Scott

Thanks goys for all of the comments. I fabbed up seat brackets and installed the seats. They're older recovered Recaro's that I bought from a friend. I think they match the interior pretty well. One step closer! :burnout:

Attachments

• DSCN0801-1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 628
  • DSCN0803-1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCN0804-2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 611
This is one Beautiful car. Congrats and, please continue. one of the prettiest cars here.

Thanks goys for all of the comments. I fabbed up seat brackets and installed the seats. They're older recovered Recaro's that I bought from a friend. I think they match the interior pretty well. One step closer! :burnout:

Man I really like those seats. I'm not a fan of the "bat wing" seats people are using these days, but those Recaro's look sweet. :thumbup: :headbang:

Now I gotta go back and read the whole thread. :book: :read: :computer: :study:

Wylde1.

Hi Scott
Wow that looks amazing..

I too am undertaking a similar project.

Check it out here http://www.regals.com.au/gallery3.php?cat=211

Just wondering what your plans were with the rear site. Like yourself we have mini tubed the back therefore reducing the width available for the rear seat. We are keen to keep the seat original ie the middle metal part viable and the folding mechanism working.

Just wondering if you had undertaken this part of the project.

Well done once again
Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the compliment. I checked out your link and you've done a lot of great work!

I'm not sure about fastbacks, but there are no modifications needed for a notchback rear seat when mini-tubbing. There is no folding seat mechanism on notchbacks, and the seat sits forward of the fender tubs anyway. I'm sure some of the fastback guys can chime in on the differences between fastbacks and notchbacks.

I'll be following your build. The photos are great.

Scott

Time to start on the engine...
I got a great deal on an '01 5.9 Magnum years ago. The truck was totaled with 8,000mi on it and I bought the engine, trans, fuel system, and entire harness for $400. Since then I have parted out enough stuff to make a profit. That doesn't happen too often.

I tore it down to the bare block and took it to Brian at IMM. He's a good guy. A forged stroker rotating assembly, RHS heads, and aftermarket EFI are in the plans. :thumrigh:

Scott

Attachments

• CIMG2712-1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCN0947-1.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 444
Oooooooo..oooooo very nice work. I especially like the custom gauge cluster, very impressive.
Are you goin to build a custom console as well?

Loved this build from the start.

Oooooooo..oooooo very nice work. I especially like the custom gauge cluster, very impressive.
Are you goin to build a custom console as well?

Loved this build from the start.

Thanks dude! I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours. I never thought of making a custom console, I just figured I would leave it open. But now you have me thinking...

-
Back