'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
good job on all of it, ive been on mine for almost six years after seeing yours i almost want to omit the sublime green.

I'm almost done with the front end now, minus the power steering box that should arrive soon from Steer and Gear. I'm using AR Engineering caliper brackets 2001 Viper calipers, and late 70's C-body 11.75" rotors. The AR Engineering kit is nice quality.

Attachments

• DSCN0979-1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0981-1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 680
  • DSCN0982-1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 661
  • DSCN0983-1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 654
  • DSCN0987-1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 657
Here's my Keisler hydraulic clutch kit. I had to knock a dent in my inner fender to get the master to fit, and also had to fab my own clutch pedal stop.

Attachments

• DSCN1120-1.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCN1119-1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 573
  • DSCN1118-1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 589
  • DSCN1117-1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCN1116-1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCN1115-1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCN1114-1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 591
  • DSCN1113-1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 615
LOVE the color combo you have going on with this car. Good choice in front end parts too!! Should stop on a dime.

I'm almost done with the front end now, minus the power steering box that should arrive soon from Steer and Gear. I'm using AR Engineering caliper brackets 2001 Viper calipers, and late 70's C-body 11.75" rotors. The AR Engineering kit is nice quality.

Nice build. What did you pay for the brackets and viper calipers and where did you get them? If you don't mind?

Nice build. What did you pay for the brackets and viper calipers and where did you get them? If you don't mind?

Thanks... Brackets were about $120 from Mancini, and I got the used calipers off of ebay for roughly $200.

Scott

Got my motor! Yeah!!

Picked up my engine from IMM. It was well worth the drive to deal with Brian.

I suppose it's a pretty basic build for a stroker, except that I plan on running Megasquirt EFI soon (hence the injectors sticking out of the Hughes air gap intake).

485hp and 510lb! :toothy8:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIEC-Prq30k&feature=plcp"]June 5TH 001 - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• June_5TH_010.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 521
  • June_5TH_009.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 496
  • June_5TH_008.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 499
  • June_5TH_007.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 514
  • June_5TH_006.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 523
  • June_5TH_005.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 497
Got the engine mounted on the K-member and installed a few goodies. Hopefully I'll have the TKO600 hooked to it next weekend, if my flywheel arrives in time.

Also fitted the radiator and mocked up the fan. The fan is from a Lincoln Mark VIII and pulls close to 5000cfm. The shroud is almost a perfect fit for the radiator, although I need to fabricate some mounts (it's hanging down too low in the pic).

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1148-1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCN1147-1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 504
  • DSCN1143-1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN1141-1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 507
can you tell me about the rack/cart you have bolted to the front bumper frame..... is it to just move the car around?

can you tell me about the rack/cart you have bolted to the front bumper frame..... is it to just move the car around?

Yeah, it's to move the car around the garage. The casters used to come straight down off the bumper mounting bolts, but I moved them forward so I can roll the engine & K frame in from the side and install it from underneath.

Scott

Got some stuff done... Aluminum flywheel and Centerforce clutch installed, bellhousing aligned, and TKO-600 bolted up. TTI headers too...

Attachments

• DSCN1182-1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN1183-1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCN1184-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 449
  • DSCN1186-1.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN1190-1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 411
For those using a Quick Time bellhousing, the starter area is pretty weak on this application. I could flex the starter by hand. I imagine the bellhousing flange will eventually bend or crack in this area, because there is no provision to hold the starter snout from moving. So I added my own and it made a huge difference.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1188-1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCN1187-1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 441
Looking GREAT! I love the all the custom work you have done. Do you have any detailed pics of how you mounted the vintage air box to the firewall?

Thanks! It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but it wasn't too bad fitting the air box under the dash. Vintage Air supplies some cheap brackets - I used some of them and made a few of my own. One bolts to the firewall, one to the cowl (you can see it in the pic), and two brackets bolt to the lower lip of the dash. The air box is really light, so it doesn't take much to make it solid. I can snap a few better pics if you need them.

I would highly recommend the "EZ Clip" AC hoses. You can build em at home and have reusable hose ends in case your plans change. Avoid the Vintage Air markup and get them from Murdock Industries.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0694-1.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 366
That is def show quality! I hope to see it in one of the Mopar mags one of these days

Very very nice!! Now ya got me thinking about installing my eng/tranny from underneath. Great idea on supporting the starter snout, ya may want to start another thread on that and get mods to make it a sticky.

Thanks! It's kind of hard to see in the pic, but it wasn't too bad fitting the air box under the dash. Vintage Air supplies some cheap brackets - I used some of them and made a few of my own. One bolts to the firewall, one to the cowl (you can see it in the pic), and two brackets bolt to the lower lip of the dash. The air box is really light, so it doesn't take much to make it solid. I can snap a few better pics if you need them.

I would highly recommend the "EZ Clip" AC hoses. You can build em at home and have reusable hose ends in case your plans change. Avoid the Vintage Air markup and get them from Murdock Industries.

Scott

Thanks for the tip- i was thinking i could weld receivers for any brackets while I am welding up the firewall, but its easier to install than i thought.

thanks again!
-Chris

I am using the same front brake system you are. AR engineering kit, Viper Calipers and 11.75 C Body Rotors on a 68 Barracuda. Do you have any issue with the wheels (Torque Thrust II's I believe) hitting the calipers since the calipers protrude past the face of the rotor by a small amount. Going to be looking for wheels soon and not sure if that will be an issue or not. And do you remember what type of backspacing and or offset was on those front wheels.

I am using the same front brake system you are. AR engineering kit, Viper Calipers and 11.75 C Body Rotors on a 68 Barracuda. Do you have any issue with the wheels (Torque Thrust II's I believe) hitting the calipers since the calipers protrude past the face of the rotor by a small amount. Going to be looking for wheels soon and not sure if that will be an issue or not. And do you remember what type of backspacing and or offset was on those front wheels.

I haven't even bolted one up yet. I'll do it within the next few days and let you know. I can't remember the backspacing off the top of my head so I'll double check while I'm at it.

Scott

Very very nice!! Now ya got me thinking about installing my eng/tranny from underneath. Great idea on supporting the starter snout, ya may want to start another thread on that and get mods to make it a sticky.

Thanks! Some of your parts are on this car so I appreciate the help...

I'm pretty excited about putting the drivetrain in from underneath, but it's also a bit scary knowing that the whole front end of the car will be held up by a Harbor Freight cherry picker. Hopefully I can let you know how it goes in about a month.

Thanks! Some of your parts are on this car so I appreciate the help...

I'm pretty excited about putting the drivetrain in from underneath, but it's also a bit scary knowing that the whole front end of the car will be held up by a Harbor Freight cherry picker. Hopefully I can let you know how it goes in about a month.

Like I said before, I like it! And thank you!

Brokengarage: 16" Torque Thrust II's are not a problem. There is at least 1/4" clearance between the caliper and the wheel at the closest point. I didn't check backspacing but it shouldn't make a difference.

Attachments

• 2012-07-30_21.07.32-1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 2012-07-30_21.07.57-1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 2012-07-30_21.08.53-1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 303
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. The paint is Lexus Matador Red Mica. It really shows body lines nicely in the sun.

Scott

That color is one I also looked at but I am going with the Chrysler inferno cherry red that used on 2006-2011 cars. Also changes a lot with sun and angles. That "crimson" is a very popular color here in Alabama for some reason and should really look great with all the stainless trim on and polished.

Great build!

Just wanted to share this info for those using the original Magnum serpentine setup on their cars... As you probably know, the stock Magnum truck PS pump sticks out a mile and hits the battery tray. I have heard about using the PS bracket from a van that brings the pump closer to the crankshaft, but I couldn't find one nearby.

I did, however, find a pump and bracket from a late 90's Grand Cherokee V8. It bolts right on and brings the pump 4" closer to the center of the car and 2" higher. I tapped the suction side of the pump so I can use a remote reservoir.

Note: I found out later that a 98 Wrangler 4cyl pump is already set up for a remote reservoir. I'll be using that pump next time...

Pics below show the layout difference between the Truck pump and Jeep/Viper setup. Hope this helps you guys who want to run a serpentine setup...

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1257-1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN1262-1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN1263-1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN1264-1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 255
-
Back