'67 Barracuda finally has paint!

-
Hey Michael, I'm using factory hinges but for now I don't have any springs on them at all. My plan was to get some low-tension springs but I haven't done anything about it yet. For now I will be using a prop rod to keep the hood up.

The hood needed very little prep work. No trimming or major tweaking was required. I just block sanded with high-build primer and painted it.

Nice notch by the way...

That hood looks much better quality wise than the US Body hood I bought. Mine was trimmed way too short on the rear from the factory and the glass at the scoop has a pretty big hole. Guess I shoulda got an AAR hood.

I really like the wheels you chose for your build. I think it fits the whole look with the paint, the custom cluster, the seats and your attention to detail. I think that if you went with more of a stock looking wheel or rallies then it would not look half as awesome as it does now! Got any more information on the rims? also if you dont mind me asking how much they set you back?

I really like the wheels you chose for your build. I think it fits the whole look with the paint, the custom cluster, the seats and your attention to detail. I think that if you went with more of a stock looking wheel or rallies then it would not look half as awesome as it does now! Got any more information on the rims? also if you dont mind me asking how much they set you back?

Thanks Varlo. The rear wheels are Torq Thrust II, 17 x 11 with zero offset to give it a deep dish look. I ordered the wheels from Summit a few years ago. I believe they were about $310 a piece. The custom offset made them a little pricey - I think you can get 17x11 with standard offsets for around $260. I have a pair of 16 X 7's for the front.

A few more pics... Got my dash insert put together with Autometer gauges and Vintage Air controls. The dash pad is from Classic Industries (I believe it's actually made by BEA. The quality is really good and it has a BEA part # on it.) You can see the beginnings of my Vintage Air evaporator install too.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0666-1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 946
  • DSCN0667-1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 956
  • DSCN0668-1.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 950
  • DSCN0669-1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 935
  • DSCN0670-1.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 953
A few more pics... Got my dash insert put together with Autometer gauges and Vintage Air controls. The dash pad is from Classic Industries (I believe it's actually made by BEA. The quality is really good and it has a BEA part # on it.) You can see the beginnings of my Vintage Air evaporator install too.

Scott

I like that dash VERY much. Perfect! Perfect!

I need learn how to weld. I have access to a Large metal brake in which would make the angle that you bent for the dash. It will bend 3/16" without hesitation.

I like that dash VERY much. Perfect! Perfect!

I need learn how to weld. I have access to a Large metal brake in which would make the angle that you bent for the dash. It will bend 3/16" without hesitation.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. My welder has turned into one of my most valuable tools for this car and it's gotten a lot of use (patch panels, quarters, subframe connectors, rear end, the dolly the car sits on, etc).

Scott

Finished interior wiring and got the gauge cluster in today...

Attachments

• DSCN0762-1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 864
  • DSCN0761-1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 809
  • DSCN0757-1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 862
  • DSCN0753-1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 856
  • DSCN0751-1.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 890
Mr Mann

I can't see too clearly did you move you leaf springs in?
If you did, did you shorten your rear?

Mike

Yes, I moved the springs inboard. The rear is out of a truck, so I had it shortened to 50" which is just a bit narrower than a stock A-body rearend.

Scott

Attachments

• CIMG1375-1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 773
  • CIMG1376-1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 815
Thanks, what leaf springs are you going with?

I bought them from ESPO (springsnthings.com) based on a lot of good comments I've seen on FABO. They are XHD springs and they definitely feel stiffer than the originals.

Scott

Finally getting the wiring finished up. I used an American Auto Wire kit and added a relay box for the headlights, fuel pump, and electric fans. I also replaced the bulkhead connector with a weather pack piece.

Attachments

• DSCN0795-1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 587
  • DSCN0794-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCN0792-1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 623
Installed the shoulder belts from XV Motorsports today. You have to weld in a reinforced plate in the roof rail. I took a pic of that a few years ago but can't find it. I guess they look OK and I will feel a lot safer than using the old lap belts.

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0796-1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 628
  • DSCN0797-1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 635
  • DSCN0799-1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 635
-
Back