67 Dart Post Project

-
Actually I did notch the K member and "massaged" the oil pan too. Glad to hear that is somewhat normal.

Actually I did notch the K member and "massaged" the oil pan too. Glad to hear that is somewhat normal.

Yeah it is standard procedure. I don't know why they just don't notch them when they make the Pans. I notched the K Frame on my 70 Dart. On the 67 I took a good size corner out of the pan and left the K intact. 1wild&crazyguy taught me that trick.

Ordered new stainless brake and fuel lines from In-Line tube today.:cheers: Also ordered some break-in oil, air filter, and misc fittings for the fuel system. Had to order replacement weights and an advance kit for my MSD distributor because the one I bought had apparently been locked out by the previous owner :banghead: I've heard of guys running them locked out on the street but not sure if it's something I want to do.

Thanks, there were a lot of times when I almost gave up but there is finally a light at the end. Way more work than I ever expected.

Your welcome.. and I know the feeling.. I thought about giving up on the buggy many times.. and somedays still do LOL .. it was more work than I imagined, and there have been a few things that just didnt go right, that I am now seeing as the car goes back together, which causes my frustration level to increase some.. But all in all, I still love my Dart regardless of certian issues and what not.. and I know im gonna have a killer time driving her.. I cant wait to see your car totally done.. You have built one truly bad *** Dart...

Decided to go ahead nd order the front half of the exhaust today also. Got the 3" summit X pipe and Dynomax VT mufflers. Summit matched Amazon's price of $81 on the mufflers but still not cheap. Hopefully that valve will keep it quiet enough at idle to get in and out of my condo complex without pissing off the neighbors. (wait a sec.... I don't care what they think!!) It's nice to finally be ordering things that i can get excited about!!

Got a bunch done yesterday on my day off from work. Started the morning by going to the salvage yard to get an oil filter adapter, success. Installed the oil filter and filled the engine up with Comp Cams break in oil. Pulled out the MSD dizzy and installed the new weights, springs, and advance bushing because the previous owner had it locked out. Primed the oil system with a cordless drill and made sure there was oil flowing to both heads. Installed my reconditioned mini starter (damn that thing is tiny!!) Also ran a braided SS line from the fuel pump to the carb. Then I mocked up the X pipe and tack welded all the joints. I would love to post some pics but my phone battery was dead by then end of the day. I'll try to get some soon.

Oh, I also fabbed up a block off plate for the trans where the speedo cable goes. I did this because I'm going to run a GPS speedometer from Speedhut.com

Since the engine is running, I figured the brakes would be the next logical project. I installed all the new lines from Inline Tube and they seem to fit pretty well. I need to find my prop valve and my new master cylinder will be here in a couple days. I also decided to use re-manufactured calipers from Napa since they are only $20 and the dust boots and seals on mine are sketchy.

2012-05-12_11-53-34_853.jpg

I'm a bit late on this question, but when you stripped the old paint, did you just spray it with self etching primer? or did you epoxy primer it?

Self etching followed by many coats of high build poly for blocking and then a coat of urethane on top.

Well, not much progress lately. I started ordering interior stuff tonight. Have FatMat extreme coming to keep the noise down. Ordered carpet, sill plates, and door panels too. Can't wait to see them on the car.

Damn this thing is awesome-I didn't realize when I commented on your cam specs in the other thread, this was the car attached to it. Very nice work man-wish I had the spare time to devote to my toys.

Spare time is definitely hard to come by. Sometimes I have to plan a car day ahead of time so progress doesn't stall.

Tinted my windows tonight so I can install them soon. Went with 20% which is what I've use on many cars before and have always liked. Not too light not too dark. Painted my vent window frames satin black and installed new weatherstripping into them. Should have the side windows all installed in a day or two.

2012-05-23_18-25-09_769.jpg

2012-05-23_19-03-01_53.jpg

2012-05-23_20-33-34_35.jpg

2012-05-23_20-43-06_464.jpg

blackening out the wing window frames is a nice touch.. this car is just gonna look totally mean out on the street!

Lookin good. All the little details take time. I am not looking forward to the trim and window tract/crank rebuilds on mine.

I primarily did it because the chrome was in poor shape but I do believe it looks much better now that it's done. There won't be any chrome on the exterior of my car. Never really liked chrome.... probably because of the people who chrome everything.....

Lookin good. All the little details take time. I am not looking forward to the trim and window tract/crank rebuilds on mine.

Neither am I Mad...:banghead:

Loose, the last Grand night is September 28th. I am sure we will all meet up at least once before that though. I'll keep you in the loop dude!

I primarily did it because the chrome was in poor shape but I do believe it looks much better now that it's done. There won't be any chrome on the exterior of my car. Never really liked chrome.... probably because of the people who chrome everything.....

So does that mean you intend to black out all the stainless? front and rear windows, drip rails and such? bumpers gonna be black too? It should look pretty tough.. no doubt

-
Back