67 Dart Post Project

-
So does that mean you intend to black out all the stainless? front and rear windows, drip rails and such? bumpers gonna be black too? It should look pretty tough.. no doubt

Yep, that's the plan. I no longer have drip rails so the only thing left that I plan to paint black would be the window trim and around the tail lights. The grille will be black also. I plan on painting the bumpers body color primarily to accent the grille.

Neither am I Mad...:banghead:

Loose, the last Grand night is September 28th. I am sure we will all meet up at least once before that though. I'll keep you in the loop dude!

I see there's a Mopar night on July 27th. I'll shoot for then but may be overly ambitious!

Yep, that's the plan. I no longer have drip rails so the only thing left that I plan to paint black would be the window trim and around the tail lights. The grille will be black also. I plan on painting the bumpers body color primarily to accent the grille.

Cool.. Cant wait to see it

Can't wait to see this thing driving around the streets of San Diego.

What's the over/under on the number of local Ford & Chevy guys who will see this car and come to the realization they've been wasting their time all these years? :D

I think they are worth the price. GPS speedo, built-in programmable warning lights, programmable fuel gauge and completely custom-able as far as color, font, logos, and lighting

I was hoping to put all the side glass in yesterday but the new plastic window rivets didn't show up yet. I did get 1 vent window in and 1 quarter window in plus all of the new weather striping. Then I bead blasted the grille and painted it matte black. You can see how I cut the headlight bezels so they don't cover the front of the fender anymore. In order to do this I had to modify the front of the fenders during the paint process. I think it has a nice look to it. I think I'm going to change to a 68 grille in the future but this one will do for now.

2012-05-26_14-20-00_137.jpg

2012-05-26_16-52-56_928.jpg

2012-05-26_14-20-25_528.jpg

2012-05-26_14-55-16_157.jpg

2012-05-26_16-52-31_975.jpg

2012-05-26_16-52-43_335.jpg

After you get the windows back in you will be an EXPERT at it and then you can come help me when I am ready no?? haaaaa

Haha, you supplying the beer?? I have a feeling the hardtop windows are much harder than the sedan ones.

just a quick question.. you mention wanting to go with a 68 grille at some point, have you test fit one? If im not mistaken, the 67 and 69 Darts had their headlights in about the same position... the 68 the buckets are in a differant spot.. I know this because I had 68 fenders on my 69 Dart and had to relocate the buckets so I could use the 69 grille and headlight bezels.. LOL ..

and for the record, the way that grille you have in there now looks, is killer.. I would leave it! LOL ..

Thanks, I like it too. I just think the 68 signal lights look 10x better. If it's too much work then I probably won't bother changing it. The bezels I have right now are actually pretty rough so I will eventually change them for sure.

Well I gave up on trying to install the side windows with the tint film already applied. It's just to easy to scratch it during the PITA process. I'll just have them tinted once the car is mobile. I got all the side windows in tonight and I think they look pretty good for 45 year old glass. As you can tell from the pics, I really need to push the old girl outside and dust her off!! I also painted my dash frame tonight. I used Harley satin black exhaust paint. It works really well but it's not cheap.

2012-05-29_20-50-50_479.jpg

2012-05-29_20-52-41_650.jpg

2012-05-29_20-56-50_334.jpg

I decided it was time to order some new bucket seats today. I'm not willing to pay $400 for originals that are completely trashed so I went with the Procar PRO-90 seats with headrests made by Scat. Both seats with the adapter brackets came to $675 shipped. Seems like a no brainer when you consider what it would cost to buy and refurbish a set of original buckets.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCA-80-1300-51R/

Started putting the FATMAT extreme sound deadener in tonight. A couple more hours and i should have the floor and firewall done. It sure brightens up the interior of the car!

2012-05-30_20-43-55_919.jpg

Finished installing the FATMAT tonight. 50 sq ft was just the right amount to do the firewall and floor. I'm going to buy 50 more later to do the roof and inside the doors. I bolted the dash frame in too just to see how it looks. The speedhut gauges arrive tomorrow so the wiring will start soon.

2012-05-31_20-42-47_342.jpg

2012-05-31_20-42-30_194.jpg

This car is SO SICK! If I had it to do over again with my Peak Dash, I'd have gone without the glove box door like yours.

Thanks! Tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of the day I bought the Dart. It's come a lllllllooonnnnggggg way for sure. I put the seats and carpet in this weekend and will try to take some pics tonight. I've been working on getting all the wiring put back into the car and modified for the gauges, headlight relays, electric fans, and 1 wire alternator. Hope to be able to start it with the key by the weekend.....

Spent the night working on all the wiring mods. Should be mostly done after tomorrow night. I unwrapped the factory engine harness and removed any wires I'm not going to use. Then I mounted my relays to the side of the battery tray and started running all the new wires. Should turn out pretty clean cause all the new headlight and fan wires are hid under the battery tray. All you can see are the relays. It was too dark for a picture when I finished tonight so I'll get one tomorrow when it's 100% done. Here's a pic with the seats and carpet in. Also of my Peak Dashes insert that I put a brushed finish on and installed the speedhut revolution gauges into.

2012-06-05_17-07-52_328.jpg

2012-06-05_17-04-25_852.jpg

The headlight relays and 10 gauge wiring is complete and they are bright!! I would say they are just as bright as any modern car that I've owned. This pic was taken with the car shut off so just battery voltage. I mounted the relays on the side of the battery tray which made for a nice clean install. I also wired up the gauges tonight and love they way they look.

2012-06-06_20-41-15_203.jpg

2012-06-06_20-32-36_139.jpg

2012-06-06_20-29-34_474.jpg

-
Back