67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
TY Lime and to all who responded to my SOS. Not very good at working around this site yet, my appologies.

When I removed the metal 1/4 glass bezel I pulled the rubber channel runs out to get to the screws. One was still plyable while the other I had to literally chip out with hammer & screw driver. The Arizona sun had turned it to near rock! Oh well...

Thanks for info on Jeep Cherokee. I am doing some research on my own trying to locate an adequate substitute. Think I might have located something which MAYBE will work. Will let you know either way.

The other channel runs in the front side windows I think can be replaced with make shift generic stuff, but I'm still investigating this also. Belt line cat whiskers, door weather strip and F/B windshield weather stips I've already purchased thru the ususal MOPAR vendors for mucho $$$.

Fortunately, I already have a very good rear windshield that will just need a little glass polish to be like new. I will be purchasing a new Front windshield. FYI, on the front I plan to install clips w/chome trim which I pulled from a 68 4-dr sedan. Solves the chrome lock strip problem.

Nice job on the 5.7. Sounds like a lot of hassles w/computer stuff. Good luck w/the rear window install.

Wayne in Phoenix, AZ. O:)

Well I must say that if you can salvage the ones you have do so. They are not available. I used so far the front weatherstripping to a Jeep Cherokee '91-93 and used both sides. Made them fit so I would not have water seeping inn. I am still trying to find them no luck so far and I have been searching for 4 years now. The Front windshield is still available but the back window isn't. The Front windshield is DW691 Part Number. The weatherstripping for the front and rear are still available. Hard to get but you can still find them. Good Luck. Any other info let me know I have the receipts and could look them up.

As I said before for the price it is well worth it and if it has all the accessories,computer and harness jump on it. As you can see Tin,5.7 and myself are here to stay and always willing to help. For example you see how they jumped inn right away. They know that sometimes I don't get inn as much as I would like to, so they kind of help me out here always. They are good people and don't forget the Car **** is a must. So get those pictures cumming. By the way I have the Front gasket cumming and the windshield that is 2" short I will have to pick up at the Webster show on the 13th of this month. Auto City Classics messed up and shipped me the wrong one. It is just annoying because I spent all the money to have them ship it and they want me to go 1 1/2 Hr drive to swap out the windshield. My question to them is going to be whom is going to pay me back for the shipping and the gas and time I will have to spend to go all the way out there to pick it up. But as you guys know this is our luck.

Well guys it can only happen to me. Made the trip to websters 1 1/2 hrs. Just to go. Got there and the guy says I don't have your windshield. It was not put on my truck. I flipped because I made sure to call on friday and was told that it was there. Turnes out that they just wanted me to take the one I had and then they would ship it. They did not want to pay for the return of their screw up. So it wound up costing me time and money and no Windshield. I got a tracking number today so hopefully it should be in by friday. I will keep you posted.

Well guys it can only happen to me. Made the trip to websters 1 1/2 hrs. Just to go. Got there and the guy says I don't have your windshield. It was not put on my truck. I flipped because I made sure to call on friday and was told that it was there. Turnes out that they just wanted me to take the one I had and then they would ship it. They did not want to pay for the return of their screw up. So it wound up costing me time and money and no Windshield. I got a tracking number today so hopefully it should be in by friday. I will keep you posted.

People SUCK! :thebirdm:

Received the windshield finally. As we were installing the same realized that the weatherstripping that the glass guy got for me was the wrong one. It is for the same type glass but the one that takes the stainless steel molding around it. So I contacted SGBarracuda for help and he has gotten me a set so I can convert the same over and hopefully this will be the end of the windshield ordeal. Hopefully I should have the car ready to call the tuner so I can take it over to get tuned and then to the road she goes. Got my fingers crossed.

Received the windshield finally. As we were installing the same realized that the weatherstripping that the glass guy got for me was the wrong one. It is for the same type glass but the one that takes the stainless steel molding around it. So I contacted SGBarracuda for help and he has gotten me a set so I can convert the same over and hopefully this will be the end of the windshield ordeal. Hopefully I should have the car ready to call the tuner so I can take it over to get tuned and then to the road she goes. Got my fingers crossed.

Best of luck, can't wait to see a smokey burnout.....

As usual SGBaracuda delivered as promised. Got the 68 Molding and the clips were ordered and on the way to me. Got the info on were the clips are supposed to be and pictures just in case. The unusual is that the package has 5 clips that are different than all of the others. If you guys have an idea as to where they go I am open for advise.

Lime, what's going on??????????????????

:cheers:Well Guys I managed to finally finish the rear window and also the front windshield. I end up converting the front to the 68 with the clips and the mouldings. I had no luck finding the front windshield Gasket. Here are some pictures of the Rear and the Front.
WindshieldActualClipsNew.jpg

WindshieldClips2.jpg

WindshieldClips3.jpg

WindshieldClips.jpg

RearWindow.jpg

FrontWindshield.jpg

:cheers:Well Guys I managed to finally finish the rear window and also the front windshield. I end up converting the front to the 68 with the clips and the mouldings. I had no luck finding the front windshield Gasket. Here are some pictures of the Rear and the Front.
WindshieldActualClipsNew.jpg

WindshieldClips2.jpg

WindshieldClips3.jpg

WindshieldClips.jpg

RearWindow.jpg

FrontWindshield.jpg
Is 67 all by itself? I thought they were the same up to 76?

Tin 67 is a one year only unfortunately. The diference is almost 2 inches taller on the front windshield. The rear is also different in shape. I didn't know till the time came. I guess you live and learn. Also pay for it.lol

Tried to get car tuned but wound up having trouble. The car kept going into limb mode and could not figure it out. After replacing the throttle pedal, computer, map sensor and checking all the wining to make sure everything was plugged in right nothing would change. I would start the car and one out of six tries it would start in the regular mode. Plugged the predator and was never able to finish the programing. Called Cris from Hotwire Auto and we again went threw the hole ordeal of checking things. It dawned on me to ask him if the relay that they added for the purpose of starting the car could cause the problem. He wasn't sure so he decided to have me troubleshoot the same. Disconnected the relay and proceeded to start the car as it had a push button start. It started up right each and every time. So it seems that this cured that problem. I am still not able to program the car with the predator. I guess there must be something else interfering with that process. I took the computer and installed it in my Friends Truck and in his truck the computer reacted the way it should. I went ahead and installed the program that was provided to me before and it installed all the way threw. Took it out and installed it back on the Dart and it fires up normal. Now I will have to get in contact with Cris to see if we can figure out the programming problem with it. Monday shall be a new day. It is the way I look at things now. Every day is a new day and hopefully a mystery solved, one at a time.

That's all we can do, just keep solving one problem at a time. Before you know it, there will be no more problems (Hopefully!)

Keep grinding on it Lime, it'll get fixed, and it's probably something very simple.

Spoke to Chris from Hotwire and he is going to e-mail me the wiring schematic so I can check and make sure that the harness was done right. It may be that there is one wire in the wrong position. We shall see what is the matter. I cant wait to get it right so it can get tuned.

Still Troubleshooting guys. Had a rubbing issue with the back tires and took care of that with air shocks. Lifted her up a little and good to go.

Your supposed to LOWER the car, not RAISE it!

Today I was finally going to take her for a ride and it turns out I had no Brakes. I made the swap on the front with the disc and totally forgot that the brake pressure would change. Well I ordered the Master Cylinder from Summit and then got a call later letting me know that Cardones did not have them in stock. Finally found that RockAuto did have them and ordered them. So I will now have to wait for them to install it. I am not sure if I will need to change the Proportioning valve on it. Any suggestions out there. Just want to make sure. Also noticed that no one sales them.

are u running disc front drum rears????? manual or power,,,, lots of things fal in to play all depending what your set up is,,, im running 1976 dart disc set up up front drum rears,,, and was using a stock 15/16 bore master cylinder,,,iron,,then went to a mopar performance master 15/16 bore,, no porportioning valve on the front,, and an adjustable one on the rear,, works great,,,,manual too,, i discovered since mopar performance doesnt carry that any longer a manual set up 1987 dakota uses a metric, bore that cross es with 15/16 bore,,

-
Back