67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
i am trying to make that but my gmah is expected to pass any moment now. shes in peoria so im coming to central illinois one way or another now. not sure ill make it if i cant test my turd first here. still need to install the new hc coils i have. see if i have a bad one emitting rmf.

made a hit on a mexican street, removed half the plug wired. only a tiny pop but still there. so i think im onto something here. bad coil causing the high frequency interference. hope i can get them swapped this evening and go made a hit again in mexico.
just a 1st round duck if i do show.
I’m just testing as well and I won’t have anything for the turbo ls crowd either. As to your issue, even good coils and wires will cause issues. It’s the proximity between them and the sensors/leads.

I’m just testing as well and I won’t have anything for the turbo ls crowd either. As to your issue, even good coils and wires will cause issues. It’s the proximity between them and the sensors/leads.
Bring it up, it’s 4K to win on Saturday and it would be nice to see another mopar entered. I’m the only one.

moving them didnt change anything(put them up on the fenders away from everything). i just replaced the old *** coils for a set proven to work and very very little run time. nothinf is close proximity to the sensors anymore. i did find a broken/cracked coil leaking oil out of it. id assume it could be a big issue. i also need to close the gap on my plugs. if to much gap and the spark will go elsewhere i was told. ill close them up tomorrow and take a test drive. see if its all cleared up. if so...might tske a trip.

Bring it up, it’s 4K to win on Saturday and it would be nice to see another mopar entered. I’m the only one.
4k if it gets 32 cars.
if i make the drive. ill let ya know here. save me a spot beside ya in the pits if i do. ill know by friday am.

Track is covering the difference. As long as the weather holds, it’ll be a great weekend.
im for sure coming up today now. gonna try to find a place to fill my really old co2 bottle in pekin tomorrow. try to turm the power up.
hope tech isnt to hard

well my 3rd and final test run. shifting at 5600(at the pop) ran an .09@113mph.
also know whats wrong and how to fix it finally. soooo well worth the trip at this point.

well my 3rd and final test run. shifting at 5600(at the pop) ran an .09@113mph.
also know whats wrong and how to fix it finally. soooo well worth the trip at this point.

Awesome! So what’s the issue?

Awesome! So what’s the issue?
trigger wheel design is discombobulated causing cranks trigger misfire. the signal off the crank tone ring is distorted due to shitting machine work on it. gonna swap to a different sensor first and try it. or im adding a new trigger wheel and sensor to the dampner.

Great turnout and tons of fast cars. Was great meeting you and seeing the car in person. Glad you figured out the issue. That’s gonna be a hotrod when sorted out!

trigger wheel design is discombobulated causing cranks trigger misfire. the signal off the crank tone ring is distorted due to shitting machine work on it. gonna swap to a different sensor first and try it. or im adding a new trigger wheel and sensor to the dampner.

glad you got it figured out! Looking forward to what this thing will do. 6.02 and I’m guessing you didn’t have positive manifold pressure for much of it?

glad you got it figured out! Looking forward to what this thing will do. 6.02 and I’m guessing you didn’t have positive manifold pressure for much of it?
left on 7psi but shifted at 5600 ish at the pop.lol thst is 2k+rpm short of desired shift rpm. converter flashes to 6200 fwiw without the 2step involved.

Great turnout and tons of fast cars. Was great meeting you and seeing the car in person. Glad you figured out the issue. That’s gonna be a hotrod when sorted out!
same as well,was grear to meet you. i cant wait to see you get yours ironed out as well. its a bad ***** for sure.

Man. Once that thing is dialed in it’ll be nuts. Heck. I’d like a 10 second pass with a car not running right lol

How did you determine the crank wheel was wonky and causing problems? This whole time you’ve been saying it’s loosing cam sync and you can see the cam sensor failing in the logs? We’re you able to log the crank signal and “see” it fail?

How did you determine the crank wheel was wonky and causing problems? This whole time you’ve been saying it’s loosing cam sync and you can see the cam sensor failing in the logs? We’re you able to log the crank signal and “see” it fail?
was reading crank as cam. i had matt bell look at it at the track this weekend. he confirmed it. he turned off the cam sensor and the car would never start again using just the crank trigger.

i hope i have good news after tonight. tone wheel looks good. sensor...well lets just ssy i added a washer or 2 to the fastner that holds it in place. thsts enough gap it would misfire but also not leak from oring. as it sits a ways doen into its home. really have my fingers crossed for this one. ive not been so luck yet eith this car. lol

Screenshot_20210721-222137.png

well made 2 hits today. 1st in mexico and bliped a 6.14 on the dragy
2nd on a track and it shut off literally. made it back to the trailer....it never started again. just got home its nearly 3am. crashing and tomorrow see if new sensor works.
so tired of all this.

-
Back