67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
I don't think there is adequate room for the oilers and a stroker crank. I know my N/A 6.1 based 426 does not have them. It is 4.08 bore, 4.08 stroke, 6.125 rod. A 6.1 DOES have the from factory.

Hell, I added them to my G2 hemi. I figured with twins and a hot tune on pump gas it might prevent some carnage causing detonation...
They certainly won’t hurt. Until they fall apart. For a strip only car the time spent at wide open full boost the oilers don’t do much in my opinion. Hell with twins and a hot tune up, your run probably only lasts 8 seconds. Detonation is a much bigger concern. Of course I could be proven wrong. For a half mile car or a road course car I could see a big benefit to having them and would call it a necessity.

I don't think there is adequate room for the oilers and a stroker crank. I know my N/A 6.1 based 426 does not have them. It is 4.08 bore, 4.08 stroke, 6.125 rod. A 6.1 DOES have the from factory.
there is room. been there almost 3 yesrs and never been an issue. looks like it just failed and fell out upon inspection. they help a bunch even in a drag engine. very under rated part for sure.

well after last weeks tnt wed night. i found what very well has been my.issue. i ordered a new valve spring kit with more seat and open pressure. as i tried to add boost my rpm limit dropped significantly. yet the car still ran similar ets even letting out hundred feet+ before the 1/8. i ran 6.10 @ 112mph 6700rpms gate spring 6psi
6.10@ 114mph 6500rpms 12psi
6.13@ 115mph 6300rpms 14.5psi
and a 6.23 @ 116.9mph died at 6100rpms 16psi
only pass i made it to the stripe was the first on gate springs.

hoping 45lbs on the seat and 125 ish open makes the difference. other wise its tnd rocker time and dual or triple springs and solid roller time.

so over the last few weeks. i attempted to run mshs outlaw class at topeka. only made a single pass before the car quit working. lost crank/cam sync. so on the gates still, it broke into the 5s with whatever the slip i posted say. 5.98(?)
found another issue which i think has been my issue crom day 1 2 years ago. coil bind. yup. by .004 my im going into coil bind. luckily i have the hydrolic rollers to absorbe that bind. which explains the popping and the sudden rpm stalls. to broke to buy the springs so cars on stands for possibly all summer and fall.

20220611_104859.jpg

20220611_183339.jpg

i do have the springs now just no time to install. my daily/tow vehicle crapped the trans out a few weeks ago. been trying to get it fixed up and the trans rebuilt to be tougher than stock.(2017 5.3 silverado 4x4) once its fixed or out of the way. ill get the dart springs done. been a long and painful summer.

i do have the springs now just no time to install. my daily/tow vehicle crapped the trans out a few weeks ago. been trying to get it fixed up and the trans rebuilt to be tougher than stock.(2017 5.3 silverado 4x4) once its fixed or out of the way. ill get the dart springs done. been a long and painful summer.

I hear ya. Sometimes when I have multiple cars down I'll just cover the old one and do my best to forget it for a few weeks. Or months LOL. Good luck.

sooo. i made time. valve springs installed and all back together
has some.happier rpm for sure now. got 2 of 8 spark plugs but rest be here tomorrow. get them installed and saturday gonna finally run a race for once. the king of the 28s at us36 osborn mo. gonna run small tire and see if i can go a few rounds or take the 1st round losers race. either way should be fun. still vehicleless and another racer has offered to tow me up to run it. hope it all works out. time will tell shortly.

We are going up north on Saturday, I'd like to come see your car finally. Looks like fun.

We are going up north on Saturday, I'd like to come see your car finally. Looks like fun.

im running at osborn tomorrow. you gotta go to us36. its the king of the 28s heads up small.tire no prep race tomorrow sept 3rd. i got my **** working now. seen 7k rpm like its what god sent it to earth for and only for. sounds soooo different at wot then ever before.
im not leaving till 1ish but im making a sams club run for about 30 minutes at 10am.

sooo. i made time. valve springs installed and all back together
has some.happier rpm for sure now. got 2 of 8 spark plugs but rest be here tomorrow. get them installed and saturday gonna finally run a race for once. the king of the 28s at us36 osborn mo. gonna run small tire and see if i can go a few rounds or take the 1st round losers race. either way should be fun. still vehicleless and another racer has offered to tow me up to run it. hope it all works out. time will tell shortly.

Wow. Sounds amazing sir. That throttle response is off the chart. So you deleted 8 plugs? The way it sounds, it does not need the other 8. Can’t wait to see some videos of it running down the track.

What are you commanding for your A/F ratios and where are you at on timing? Feel free to message me on FB. thanks!

What are you commanding for your A/F ratios and where are you at on timing? Feel free to message me on FB. thanks!
11.5:1 under boost. timing is 14-16° total wot. its pretty darn conservitive. it dont have rpm troubles no more either. however it has bald *** radial issues now that cant handle the extra 4-500hp more it now makes over 6500.

ive got a lot more power now. crank sensor took a crap on me fully by the end of the night. gonna try to get it repaired and tires changed up. see if i can make ciscs in illinois. only money and time will tell if i do.

Step by step! You are getting there. I am glad you are getting it out and having some fun. Even though you haven't had the wins you were looking for, I view this project as a huge success. Before you know it, it will be flying! BTW a huge congrats to you for the 5 second run!!

thank you. it is definitely a huge step forward and a win to me. my car ran as good spinning and off and on the throttle. as it did before making a terrible low rpm pass. what those vids may not show so well. is me being completely out of the throttle. pulling it strait and then getting back into it. you can hear one vid of just brandons car cross the line. following with my car going from off throttle to rethrottling to the finishline.
im way ahead of the game here now. this new gained rpm power is gonna be monsterous when it hooks. im guessing 5.30s-.20 with current tune and new tires. might play with boost ramp and launching a bit harder. as i due launch pretty soft with 3psi and 3800rpms.

Step by step! You are getting there. I am glad you are getting it out and having some fun. Even though you haven't had the wins you were looking for, I view this project as a huge success. Before you know it, it will be flying! BTW a huge congrats to you for the 5 second run!!

looks like im pulling the entkre front of the engine apart. cam wheel is most likely the culprit of all this. calling it a year for now.

-
Back