67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
looks like im pulling the entkre front of the engine apart. cam wheel is most likely the culprit of all this. calling it a year for now.
This sucks man. I keep hoping to see positive updates with your car. Keep plugging man. Can’t wait to see more of it next year.

This sucks man. I keep hoping to see positive updates with your car. Keep plugging man. Can’t wait to see more of it next year.
the positive part is ive ran close to what it ran before on a full wot pass. lifting, pedalling and then reengaging the power pedal. which is insane by datalog numbers. i was off throttle for .80 seconds. 6.23 subtracting .80 of off throttle. the car is absolutely moving out.
there is a race oct 15th at us36 again. im gonna push and see if ican make it for that. got the tires changed already. cars up on stand ready to be worked on. now just need the parts to show and time to do it.

i29 bound tomorrow for some tnt. see what these better radials are worth. not sure if prepped or unprepped. so put my hood on and have all the weight in it as well.

broke it. dont run no more. made 1 hit blew the tires off immediately. tune was spicy. then it died while idling when i was about to pull into water box. never fired again at the track. drove about an hour out and stopped for drinks and top off the tank. fired up and died and has never refired since when i try it ever few hours. i think the motor might be hurt but havent confirmed for sure. had a belt squeeling sound to it so maybe a bearing crapped the bed. for sure timing marks from cam to crank are way off. so im gonna pull the front off this week or so and inspect. been suspect of it since the beginning. gives a diag 6 error which is cam timing is way off. hope its something simple and the belt truly was just squeeking. im for certain calling it a year. got some oil leaks i need addressing to. oh and also my crank sensor blew out the hole on gbe block it bolts to. the sleeve is still bolted down but the sensor itself came out the mounting sleeve
another joy in life.

pulling it all apart for winter repairs, etc... well on its way. should have motor out tomorrow and try to vet a trap door put into oil pan or replace all together. its pretty beatup from the driveway.

20221010_201032.jpg

Hope whatever it is you have going on isn't too major.
i believe its timing gear related. it just got bad enough friday it wont return to regular cam timing reading and the cage is stuck at that position. it also dont have fuel or spark. as i checked that before taking it further apart. i figured im fing done with this and going over everything with a fine tooth comb. try to find the wiring issues while its disassembled. clesn up all the oily mess...have a giant list of wtf's that need attention.

20221010_214228.jpg

here is that sensor issue i found friday night. came out of its shell. this the 2nd ive had do this over the last 2yrs. i need to find a better way to get the harness plugged in and not pulling on the sensor pigtail/plug end.

20221010_183903.jpg

its back together. it starts and runs. however it dies randomly for no reason at all. sooo back to no fing idea wtf is wrong again. water pump also **** the bed. so thats a 600 dollar blessing, right? cam sensor was bad, timing gear i didnt see anything wrong with it. hot the oik pan sealed and dont leak. however idle oil pressure is down 8-10psi from before pulling the pan. this is just awesome to deal with. also why its forsale. i am mentally fing done with it. i can not take any more of the never ending **** show. totally in disbelief that every part new could be bad more than once. rediculous at best.

These things are complicated. They aren’t easy to deal with. The internet makes it look easy. Hang in there. Once you get it all dialed in you will be very very happy. I have been through it and it sucks. Thats for sure.

These things are complicated. They aren’t easy to deal with. The internet makes it look easy. Hang in there. Once you get it all dialed in you will be very very happy. I have been through it and it sucks. Thats for sure.
3yrs, ive built dozens of 800hp+ racecars from scratch. this isn my first rodeo but its my last. i replace a bad or faulty new part. to have 2 more fail that literally have an hour and 18 minutes of total run time via my ecu logs. ive never seen so much pos parts failures in my life. clearly the quality of parts today is retarded vs even 15yrs ago. i have 1 maybe 2 more attempts ill give. im truthful when i say this....i will burn this mother fer to the ground if it dont sell or it dont work by april. i am that pissed off at the stupid **** thats going. im about to go wire by wire end to end of the entire car. after that im going to take to a friend to let them give it a shot. if nothing im gonna to pour fuel all over it and a wick out the fuel cell and light it. i dont care anymore. the money have in it is nothing compared to the anger and stress it has caused.

Be sure to film it, put it on YouTube -- at least you can get the ad money from it!!

It's the Mopar curse, if you had slammed a trash cam only 6.0 LS in that thing you'd have hundreds of passes on it by now! :poke:

Just read the thread nice build. Curious how did the front suspension come out? Do you have pictures of the steering arms? Thanks

What signal is the green one that looks like stairs? It looks like something is charging up at specific intervals (about every .125 seconds) represented by the steps, then dumping like a Zener diode.

this is my cars cryptonite keeping it from being tuned and/or fast. anybody have a solution lmk

View attachment 1716037207

View attachment 1716037208
Is your crank signal wire anywhere near spark plug wires, coils, injector wiring, etc? You mentioned above the harness is pulling on the sensor. Did you remediate that? Perhaps the connector has been damaged from being pulled on? Is the crank sensor a VR or a Hall sensor? I'm not as familiar with Holley as I am with MS, but a crank signal will be all kind of wacky without a pullup resistor and the MS will see a signal like this.

At 00:11 in your video the engine dies and then quickly recovers. Does that line up with the big gap in your log? Is the ECU completely loosing power? Is anything else being logged during that gap to indicate the ECU is still breathing or is it flat lined?

At 00:11 in your video the engine dies and then quickly recovers. Does that line up with the big gap in your log? Is the ECU completely loosing power? Is anything else being logged during that gap to indicate the ECU is still breathing or is it flat lined?
it logs it so i assume ecu still has power. the dash doesnt turn off either and just reads stall or sync error.
yes the spark plug wires are near and so is the coils and its wiring is agains crank wiring till it passes below the cylinder head. then i have them split apart to try avoiding rfi noise. which i now am certsin is the issue as do a few really reputable tuners do as well. or the cam is a tooth off. but v6 220 software says its noise. now i just got to be able to locate and eliminate it. if i only had an oscolimeter on hand and knew how to use it. lol

20210607_204021.jpg

-
Back