67 plymouth valiant

-

sphipps

Reaction score
I have an opprotunity to pick up a 67 Valiant (cheap). Obviously it needs some work but I was wondering how hard is it to find parts for these cars? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Thank you.

stay on this site and you will be fine........should be plenty of parts here for you

Sounds like a good plan. I was wondering if there was any aftermarket support or things like that.

I really want to pick this car up and start working on it..what I don't want to happen is I hit roadblocks everytime I try to get a part.

should still be fine...lots of good stuff on here...no problem.....make a list and start a new thread of what you are lookin for....trust me you will find what you need, from this great site,,,...... I have....

Ok...guess I need to get the car home and start the tear down process.

heck ya you do , love the valiants, aar fiberglass builds bumpers, hoods, deck lids, I know, I bought them all.. ha check this out, just got the hood today! You can make that baby look goooood!!

Picture 099.jpg

Picture 101.jpg

Holy cow...that's a beautiful car. Time to make room in the garage. Thanks for the inspiration.

Man, that looks sick!! (Which is good, btw) thanks for a much needed dose of inspiration. Hope my 69 100 looks that good some day. I remember when I was the only one I knew who knew what a 69 Valiant looked like, much less cared.
Now they show up everywhere...don't let the secret out!
Again, very nice, sure hope you show the completed car when it's done.
If you don't mind, what shade of silver is that?

Alan

I've been looking online and it seems that parts aren't that easy to get for a 68 Valiant...maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

you'd be surprised how many parts are interchangable with darts and dusters. really the only oddball items are the hood (67-68 ), grills (year specific), windshield and rear window gaskets and trim (67 only), and the idler arm (67 only). the doors interchange with 67-68 dart post. lots of stuff will work from other cars.

IMG_1201_1_4.jpg

pauly...beautiful car and thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I have an opprotunity to pick up a 67 Valiant (cheap). Obviously it needs some work but I was wondering how hard is it to find parts for these cars? Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Definately grab it .Here's my 67 coming together slowly but surely. Got a bunch of taillights and grilles for a 68 rallye rims (sbp) and trim too.Give me a shout.Glassteck makes a great 64 maxwedge scoop that sits real nice on the little val.

SN850003.jpg

There are plenty of parts out there still. You just have to get a feel for what is interchangable. I have plenty of other year other body parts in my 69. They are all still period correct....
I agree, the Valiants have become more popular since I bought mine way back too. I liked it cause nobody had em' now they are coming out of the woodwork!
Buy it!! They are awesome little cars!!!

Definately grab it .Here's my 67 coming together slowly but surely. Got a bunch of taillights and grilles for a 68 rallye rims (sbp) and trim too.Give me a shout.Glassteck makes a great 64 maxwedge scoop that sits real nice on the little val.

thought about getting one of scoops myself. looks like it was made for it with the hood contour such as they are. nice work iggy, looks great!

I thought I was being different be getting a Valiant, because I'm one of 3 people that own a Valiant in the city that I live in. I got a 67' Valiant 4dr. It currently has the stock 170 /6, super 6 intake and the stock 3speed on the cloumn, the pervious owner put a flowermaster exhust, sounds kinda nice. I got a few things planned for her, eventhou she is not the best looking car on the road, she diffentily stands out in a parking lot.

get it! this is mine:

i´m building a 408 at the moment, want to get into the 12s. Always loved the clean and simple styling.

Michael

Kopie von IMG_8323.jpg

-
Back