67 to 68 Dart Windshield Swap Question

-
Ohh ok this makes sence to me now, lol im slow, but ill get it.
Thanks much. Cant wait to get this done and move on to the next problem, Haha ;)

Yes, all clips have to be installed before the glass goes in. The clip will seat against the bottom of the frame on the a-pillars and the top crown. The lip for the bottom clips is deeper so you will need to look at the other clips to see how close they are to the outer lip and mark the bottom ones the same so the molding can grab on to them.
If you still don't understand it will be crystal clear when you go to do it.

Oh yes now this is a great idea. thank you for that, always good to think ahead.. ;)

Another thing I plan to do, Redfish and others have pointed this out, is to reverse the dash frame clips so you can install the dash bolts from UNDER the dash without removing the windshield. You have to use shorter bolts than factory

great thread, i too will have to do all this as well. So if i got this correct you have to put the clips in first then the gasket/windshield???? Is there holes in the gasket for the clips? This part is were im stumped?

great thread, i too will have to do all this as well. So if i got this correct you have to put the clips in first then the gasket/windshield???? Is there holes in the gasket for the clips? This part is were im stumped?

The clips are flat and install 90 degrees away from the gasket. They aren't under the gasket. The issue is the gasket being in front of the clip and their screws. That's why they go in first.

The clips are flat a install 90 degrees away from the gasket. They aren't under the gasket. The issue is the gasket being in front of the clip and their screws. That's why they go in first.
AHHHHHHHHHHH! thanks Redfish, now it makes sense, Sorry for sounding well,stupid

-
Back