67 twin turbo dart

-
Update: well finally got the quartet glass and had some scratches in the glass, tried to polish them out the kit I got didn't work that good, oh well. Got it all assembled and in and adjusted, also painted the rear seat emblems for when I get those redone. Getting all the stuff back from powder coat on friday, most of its all done just waiting till it's all done to get it. Will post those pics when o get it. My parents are going down for a visit so my dad's gonna help me install the new headliner.

Attachments

• 20150721_120943.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 20150721_155312.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 941
Some updates, got the new trunk floor welded in and the headliner in yesterday with my dad. Now have to adjust the qt glass again with the interior pieces in. Also had to modify the rear upper seat , so that was cut an welded tp fit the mini tub, that will get sand blasted and powder coated before the new covers go in it.

Attachments

• 20150727_174033.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 918
  • 20150728_205825.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 863
Well picked up the bumpers today after the powder coat and clear put on, turned out great, i love them. Will install the rear today, have to wait for the front since I still need tires for the new wheels. Will post a picture of the rear on the car with the black reverse light housings and black bumper bolts

Attachments

• 20150731_103716.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 865
  • 20150731_103731.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 824
  • 20150731_115600.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 781
Well thought I'd update, havent been able to get much done, works keeping me busy, started to order gauges, got in the innovation dual wide band sensor, course it's bigger then the holes in the dash so mounting it to the roll cage. Also just placed a order for a cast iron ritter block :) soon order the eddy heads, bought the tranny off Louis he got for this car, billet input shaft, front drum, manuel vb, trans brake 727. Also bought some c body vent crank handles for the rear windows since the stock ones hit the main hoop of the roll cage

Update, been cleaning up the new wires, got the new billet aluminum light sockets in and installed for the front turn/park lights. One side batt cables done and remote solinoid mounted.

Attachments

• 20160319_161337.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 20160319_161333.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 630
great build. i'm struggling to balance work with my turbo build also, nearly there now. keep the updates coming

I hear you on that, mostly the only time I have to work on the car is Saturdays due to work and family, not getting off work till 5. But your build is awesome as well, sorry you had to rebuild.

Got my new front seats in today, waiting to order the custom mounting brackets. Also waiting on some metal pieces to finish the mount bracket for the fuel cell and the aluminum piece for the rear packet tray to cover it up with. Also have a new master cylinder coming an aluminum one 1 1/8 bore size from applied racing tech. Will be getting the stuff for the rear bench to finish that to install so the front seats can be placed for good. Just need to check clearance on the seat brackets to mount the pcm under the passenger side or might make a bracket from aluminum and mount it on the firewall just spaced out some away from the heat.

Attachments

• 20160423_185106.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 569
Well I just stumbled into this thread. Nice to see this project moving forward again. Was closely following MadDart on this and was saddened to see him let it go.
Slooowly building a TT small block Challenger myself.

Will be following this and using you now for inspiration. Haha.

Mike

Lol I'm trying lol, will keep things updated. TT challenger very nice. Waiting for my block to be casted after the updates being done to the molds. Anything I can help with let me know

Well finally got to work on the dart, got a new rear trunk floor welded in and a sump for the fuel cell. Been busy with work and working on my wife's suv we got for her, needs a things done, ac compressor went out and tight rod ends and shocks so the dart had to wait. Also got a call from Kent about my ritter block and its in the machine process and soon to be shipped to me, can start building the motor for the dart. Course have to sell a 360 I just rebuilt, and soon be up on the for sale forum.

20160626_120615.jpg

20160626_120632.jpg

Got the trunk almost done, fuel cell is mounted along with insulation, have a trunk mat just need to cut and remount the fuel cell. Had the dash and insert Powder coated, I painted them a while back but got some dings in the paint, also had some tabs weldded on to the dash so I can unbolt the insert from the dash separate, it had bolts and nuts before. Just placed the order for my speed hut gauges. Keep the dash a low gloss black and the insert a silver. Messy table my son just started first grade so he's been drawing alot both there at free time and at his daycare. The speed hut gauges are a silver back round with black numbers and at night just the numbers turn blue.

20160824_174429.jpg

20160824_174437.jpg

Glad to see a member,end up with Mad Dart's car...You are doing , a damn good job...I'm happy, it's still in So Cal... Thanks!

Thanks, was happy to be able to get it. Louis is a great guy, does great work. Can't wait to start building the motor for this bad boy.

Well been thinking of a way to still have fresh air coming into the cab during driving so I bought some cheap velocity stacks and mounted it to the air inlet and will get a 4" to 2.5" 90 rubber hose and a 3" long 2.5" pipe and connect the flex hose from the stacks to the dash vents. Had to bend and the edges out and then line up the holes for the drivers side which has studs, on the passengers side with just use self tapping screws to mount with silicone.

20160904_140247.jpg

Will just got an email from Kent hes hoping to ship out my iron block next week, have to ship back my two speed hut gauges, I was a dummy and thought I had my insert made for the 4.5" tach and speedo but was made for their 4", they are very gracious enough to swap them out for me. Must say I am amazed by their customer service especially being a custom set up per gauge, just a awesome company.

Well finally was able to work on the car a bit today. Been busy with a new baby boy joining our family. Cut and fit the rubber trunk mat and mounted the fuel cell, will start to work on plumbing, once my new right size gauges come in I'll get the dash all wired up and make a nice connector for ease of removal if for any reason. Will be ordering the fabrics for the rear bench to be redone in the same material as the front seats. And also need to order the seat mounts as well.

20160920_173318.jpg

Sweet, car is coming along.

Congrats on the new boy!

Where in Riverside are you located? I grew up there in the Arlington/Arlanza area. I still have family that lives there as well.

Man, you're right up the street from my parent's house. They're off of Arlington and La Sierra, just before the cemetery heading down into Norco.

Might have to meet up some day to talk Mopars and throw a few back.

Well got the passenger side air inlet done, on the drivers had to remove the bracket for the emergency brake to allow the drivers side air to work better for routing of the ducts. Had to cut a bit off to make it over the roll cage part.

20160927_123417.jpg

-
Back