67 twin turbo dart

-
New right gauges are in, next wire up time into a common connector for easy unplug if I ever need to remove the insert

20160930_170952.jpg

Thanks, yeah me too, but worked out, since he got his scamp and then sold it to me, I'm glad I was able to get it and work on finishing it up.

Well got all the gauges wired up today, tried to make it look good but with all the different connectors which is nice for the different parts of the speed hut gauges. Good thing no one will see the back once it's in the car. Had to order an additional splitter for the lights, there one kit comes with up to 8 gauges so I ordered a splitter since I have 9 with one connector extra.

20161004_162425.jpg

Well finished the other side of the dash gauge wiring and ran the wires for the dual 02 sensors and boost gauge sensor. Mounted the headlight, wiper and hazard stock switches back on.

20161005_163443.jpg

It's the autometer one, they have them for two size bars. Had to get one thought the innovate motorsports gauge would fit my insert, oh well

Well got both side glass all adjusted and finally put the door panels back on, also cut out of aluminum a new package tray cover, just need to clean it up and paint it then seal it on top of the stock one. Also just need new rear arm rest pads.

20161007_163738.jpg

20161007_163756.jpg

Well finished the package tray all sealed and now starting on the firewall behind the rear seat, just need to mold the lower half so I can still have access to the rear seat belt bolt holes, then I'll get that all sealed as well, just using self tapping screws just in case I need to remove it, but should pass Tech when I race it.

20161011_164442.jpg

Well did a little of customizing, it's not all that pretty but once the custom console goes over it they will make it look better lol, swapped from the stock e brake handle to a more modern and won't have to worry about hitting my knee. Also finished the firewall behind the rear seat and cut a slot for the middle seat belts.

20161018_143123.jpg

Well got to work on the car some today, had to borrow my front wheel off my 72 satellite so I can mount the front bumper on and then mounted the pump for the intercoolers, and got them in place as well some plumbing done but still just a bit more for the intercoolers, placed the ice box on the inner fender since the exhaust is wrapped.

20161112_160824.jpg

20161112_160828.jpg

20161112_173526.jpg

20161112_173417.jpg

Well since still waiting for my block, installed the rear seat belts, ordered the fabric for my rear bench with the same color and material as the front seats, soon to order the front seat mounts.

Thanks slowly but surely, hopefully things start picking up a bit more lol excited to get it up and running

Haven't done much lately works been crazy and weather too, we needed the rain. Just spoke with Kent Ritter and my block will be shipping out this week. Just need to blue print it and can start putting the internals in. Ordered up a few smaller parts for the engine, oil pan, front cover and arp acc. bolt kit.

Well got some parts in for the engine, can't wait to start putting this stuff on.

20170210_145158.jpg

Well got some welding done by a good friend on the oil pan getting it ready for when I get the block, not sure why it's taking so long to get here shipped out two weeks ago, Kent is working on finding out where's it's at. Course I'll get it all cleaned up and painted. Hopefully soon be ordering the crank and rods.

20170225_172419.jpg

Well finally got my block, need to do a few things before taking it to the machine shop.

20170304_150734.jpg

20170305_102602.jpg

20170305_102701.jpg

It is, well the shop is checking it all out right now, checking deck, line hone and final bore, after they check for hardness and pressure testing it. I'm going to have my lifter bores bushed just in case since the oil gallies are suppose to be in a better position but I'm just doing to make sure I get full oil to all lifters, also the cam tunnel needs opened to size of the cam you want to run. I'll post up what all they needed to do to mine.

Well since I'm waiting for the machine shop, they are a busy shop. Ordered up the alternator to power everything. It's a 200amp with a one wire conversion. They make all the way up to a 320amp. And it's a stock Chrysler replacement. Oh and it's all billet.

ChryslerMega.jpg

-
Back