68 4-door "Sleeper"

-
I filled in the spots where I cut out the "humps" that kept the bench seat at the right angle.
DSCF9035.jpg

I put some sound deadener in, welded some brackets to the seat rails, and drilled the holes to bolt the seat down.
DSCF9036.JPG

I discovered that the transmission tunnel is not centered. It is actually offset toward the passenger side by about 1-1/2 inches. That doesn't sound like much but the seat belt part of the seat just barely clears the pillar (arrow). This picture makes it look like it hits the pillar, but it does clear... barely.
DSCF9037.JPG

I went ahead and put sound deadener on the firewall before I mount my wiring "plate" to the firewall.
DSCF9038.JPG

I bought some aluminum from www.onlinemetals.com to create a mounting "plate" for the electrical. I tapped holes in the aluminum to secure the computers and wiring harness.
DSCF9039.JPG

just went thru the whole build so far, thanks for all of the details. Looking great!

Here is my old 4 door dart...low mileage 318 Dart from Texas. It was a nice cruiser. Good luck with your build...did you know that you can convert it to a 2 door sedan. :)

Attachments

• Right-Rear-3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 469
hey what happened with the build just found it spent the last 1.5 hrs reading thru ita been over a yr since your last post truly unique build update pls im hooked

I PM'd him about it, he said they moved and he hasn't been able to work on the car in awhile. Said he should be able to start workin on it again soon.

Thanks for the good information! That is a super-neat car... I HOPE he continues with it.... it was really interesting!!!

-
Back