68 Barracuda 225 to 440 to 426

-
Your project is over the top , looks great . Many years ago I had a 67 fastback I put a 426 Hemi in, this was way before any of the great kits were thought of . I just wacked off the hemi mounts off of a 65 hemi k member and set the motor in place and welded them in .Found a set of the factory headers from a wreaked SS dart and massaged they in place . Things were so much cheaper back them . I have one thought to pass on to you . Your picture showing the spark plug wires have the small boots for the plug tubes , the big boots were used to keep dirt from falling into the tube and going into the motor when pulling the spark plugs , just thought I would mention it . Hate to see anything get ruined with your project . Anyway great work . looking forward to seeing your progress .
Thanks for the tips. Let see some pictures of your car.

A 65 K in a 67?....you are a magician!
I cut the mounts off of my 67 k member and did the same with the 65 k member , bolted the cut off mount to the engine and set the motor in place . Welded them down to my 67 k member , in fact I used a 4 speed to start with but changed put up a 727 later . This was 40 years ago .

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Let see some pictures of your car.
My 67 is long gone but working on my 65 AFX Coronet look up For B bodies only page 10 look for 1965 AFX Coronet . Have not done much to it lately just moved and built a garage . Also look on this site page 11 Old Mans 66 cuda funnycar build . Ended selling this and moving to Georgia . Two many cars and health . Am 72 years old .John

I cut the mounts off of my 67 k member and did the same with the 65 k member , bolted the cut off mount to the engine and set the motor in place . Welded them down to my 67 k member , in fact I used a 4 speed to start with but changed put up a 727 later . This was 40 years ago .

I'm seeing it now, for some reason, I was assuming the 65 K member you spoke of was a A body K.....my bad. Maybe you are not Houdini....maybe more of a MacGyver.

I'm seeing it now, for some reason, I was assuming the 65 K member you spoke of was a A body K.....my bad. Maybe you are not Houdini....maybe more of a MacGyver.
YEP use what ever on hand to make things work . A couple of my cars I built 1972 Colt and 66 cuda funnycar .
1972-Dodge-Colt-1.jpg
IMG_1720.JPG

-
Back