68 Barracuda FB Build

-
NOOOOOOOOOOO! :(. I just pulled my plugs due to the fact that she was runnin kind of slugish and I have oil all over my #4 and #6 spark plugs. damn. Sorry about the long period of time without posting. Im doing a lot of the boring stuff right now. Ill begin posting pictures again when i finish up the drivers 1/4.

Alright So ive done a bunch of small patch work however, there is still way too much for me to do by myself. Im taking 23 units this semester and I was promoted to squad leader so Ive got a lot of work on my hands. Ive decided to take the fish to a local body shop. I ended up buying that fastback roof on ebay for 185 bucks! Not too bad huh?. Well anyways, I was quoted 2200 for ALL the rust removal from the body (trust me, theres way more that the pictures show). Plus, that includes media blasting as well at the roof transplant. I just dont have the time to do that roof transplant (plus ive never done any body work THAT big.) So, I will be taking pictures of the car as the guy slowly cure my fish from cancer :). Stay tuned!

Attachments

• cuda b4 the shop.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 749
Alright so After a couple days of hide and go seek with all the bolts attaching the engine and trans, I was finally able to pull the tired old 318ci out.

Attachments

• ENGINE REMOVAL.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 318ci.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 689
And the rear window. As I was cutting the gasket with my knife the tip of the blade would go straight through the roof due to all the rust.

Attachments

• rear window.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 677
OFF with the rusted trashed roof and ON with the clean stright one! here are a couple of pics of where the cuda sits now. The quarter panels are already patched and at this rate you guys will be looking at a primered body by next week!

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 654
  • roof2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 640
Ill post more pictures this friday but what does everyone think of the transplant so far?

Saw you were looking to get rid of this in another thread. Glad to see you're taking on the challenge. You are certainly braver than I am. You guys that can take rust buckets and turn them into new cars always have my respect.

Looking good! FB B-cudas are an awesome choice in my opinion. Rusty from the outside in is no problem its when they rust fromt he inside out that can break a guys back.

Alright, so the roof transplant is done along with the 1/4 and other random patches around the car. Im going off to sea in a couple weeks so im restricted in what I can do at the moment. Im passing the work off onto the old man for the summer. The plan is to come back to a car that has all new wiring and hopefully (fingers crossed) paint. So far the fish is still on track for finishing this september! Here are some pics. whatcha think?

Attachments

• cuda rear roof.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Cuda roof.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 541
  • cuda roof1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 521
Alright well I dropped off the cuda to the paint shop and I have decided to go with the color of the barracuda below(plum crazy). Im off to sea so I'll post pictures in a few months! take care everyone.

Attachments

• purple cuda.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 488
Alright well Ive finally made it back home! It took awhile getting updated on what the world has gone through within the last 3 months. The cuda has paint! im just waiting on a couple interior panels to be painted before i can bring it home from the paint shop. I found a good 91 dodge 360 out of a van and tore it apart. Its now waiting for the machine shop. heres a couple of pics. let me know what you guys think! :cheers:

Attachments

• 91 dodge 360.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 451
  • cuda with paint.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 440
It's gonna be a fun ride! Curious,what are the head casting #'s on your 360?
They look like shaft style,and could be the highly wanted 318 casting..

From what you started with to where you are now, you should be justifiably proud. That looks great! It should motivate you to blast through the 1,000,000 little details!

The heads are the shaft style but im not sure if they are the 318 castings. Im going to use eddies so i just planned on scrapping these heads. ill take a second look at 'em

finally got it home in the driveway! Ive only got one pic for now but im about to take a few more so ill post them on here later. Whenever I bring the car out i have at least 4 or 5 people come talk to me about it haha. Many people that Ive talked to are just amazed to see one in person. They just cant help themselves haha. That kind of thing doesnt happen with a camaro or a mustang.

Attachments

• cuda new paint.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 372
-
Back