• SAM_1227.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 480
  • SAM_1226.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 494
  • SAM_1224.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 477
  • SAM_1223.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 492
Here's a few more. Once I installed the T bars I was bushed. There were three of us old guys doing this. Tomorrow will be to finish up the brake lines, install the calipers, radiator, engine wiring and maybe tackle the bumpers. Oh, I found the brass T fitting that connects the rear brake line. It's a big block A body only part.

Window will be next week. Finally got my restored instrument cluster back from instrument Specialties so I'll be working on the dash.

Attachments

• SAM_1238.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 471
  • SAM_1237.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 498
  • SAM_1236.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 484
  • SAM_1235.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 490
  • SAM_1234.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 486
Looks great!!!

I see a few upgrades in that resto! All smart ones!

Looks great!!!

I see a few upgrades in that resto! All smart ones!

Tried to keep all the major things original however this will be a nice driver so it needs some upgrades the factory should have done.

Looks like It's really coming together now. My drive train is ready to go into my GTS also, but Waiting to get the car outside and paint the engine bay.
Did you ever find the specs on the cam? or the flow on the stock ex manifolds ?
Reason I ask is because it looks like my engine build is almost identical to yours.
Also, I think I told you, My GTS was built on the SAME day as yours Dec 28th.
Anyhow looking awesome, and hoping to get mine under power in the next month.

:sign12:
Looks like It's really coming together now. My drive train is ready to go into my GTS also, but Waiting to get the car outside and paint the engine bay.
Did you ever find the specs on the cam? or the flow on the stock ex manifolds ?
Reason I ask is because it looks like my engine build is almost identical to yours.
Also, I think I told you, My GTS was built on the SAME day as yours Dec 28th.
Anyhow looking awesome, and hoping to get mine under power in the next month.

The cam is a 268 Comp grind. The lobes were tightened a bit to get a little more low end torque. With a 2500 stall and 3.91s it should be snappy. I found those flow numbers so as soon as I get on my putter I'll post them. I'm on my tablet right now.

Thanks, I am curious as to those flow numbers. Headers a`re such a PIA plus I want a stock/stealth look.

Anytime... I will be following this thread now.. I imagine your itching to drive her

Well, we are in the process of moving to Mesa, AZ so it may be less time on the car as we get closer to the move. I figure a good solid week with long hours will get the car completed.

Well, we are in the process of moving to Mesa, AZ so it may be less time on the car as we get closer to the move. I figure a good solid week with long hours will get the car completed.

So the plan is to finish the car before the move huh? I hope all goes well, and I wish you much luck in your move to a new place...

So the plan is to finish the car before the move huh? I hope all goes well, and I wish you much luck in your move to a new place...

Actually I envision the car not being ready because at some point 100% of my time will be toward the move. Then there's the matter of getting the car down there so I'll probably end up coming back up to finish the car and take it down.

Thanks, I am curious as to those flow numbers. Headers a`re such a PIA plus I want a stock/stealth look.

Here 's those flow numbers

Attachments

• SAM_0811.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 392
  • SAM_0810.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 365
  • SAM_0809.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 376
  • SAM_0808.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 387
Actually I envision the car not being ready because at some point 100% of my time will be toward the move. Then there's the matter of getting the car down there so I'll probably end up coming back up to finish the car and take it down.

ahhh ok

Love the build, it looks sweet but I dont think coils are supposed to be horizontal? Apparently it can burn the top coils or something.

Love the build, it looks sweet but I dont think coils are supposed to be horizontal? Apparently it can burn the top coils or something.

That's factory. It's a little different from the stock location due to the manifold being an Edelbrock. The factory coil mounting was mor angled toward the front of the engine. See the first page where we pulled the motor.

Got 4 days off and made some headway. Got the dash put together and ready to install. Adding odds and ends. Oh, and got my tires mounted and installed.

Attachments

• SAM_1256.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 294
  • SAM_1255.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 299
  • SAM_1253.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 286
  • SAM_1252.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 285
  • SAM_1251.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 287
  • SAM_1250.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 302
  • SAM_1249.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 285
  • SAM_1248.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 293
  • SAM_1247.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 297
Couple of more

Attachments

• SAM_1258.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 272
  • SAM_1257.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 283
Another update. Got the dash in. Went right in. Tackled the wiring today. I'm waiting on some cable clips fro R/T Specialties before I proceed. Buddy of mine with e an automotive electrical shop will be coming over to check all the circuits

Attachments

• SAM_1259.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 265
  • SAM_1260.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 235
  • SAM_1261.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 246
  • SAM_1262.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 268
Seeing how beautiful this car is makes me want to burn mine!! Keep up the GREAT work. This beauty is the same color as mine was from the factory and makes me want to take mine back to the factory color!!

Congrats on a FANTASTIC resto!!! I cant wait to see it complete. I'm sure you're thinking the same thing.(and you're sooo close!!) I love the big block A-body cars. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! :burnout:

-
Back