-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
This is not mine, and it is in Hicksville NY. 340, A4 Silver 4 speed FB that will need some work. Seems like most of the goodies are there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...1016490?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20ce5ae3aa

Description:

This is my 1969 Plymouth barracuda Fastback 340 4 speed car. The car is all numbers matching. engine, tranny rearend. The car still retains its original paint which is faded but is original. The engine and clutch was completely rebuilt. The motor only has 1800 miles since a rebuild. The motor is stock but was bored .030 over for rebuild. Engine compartment wqas painted when the motor was out. Everything on the engine is original except the carb which is after market which is a 650 cfm.I have the original window sticker for the car and most of the build sheet was under the back seat. All the important info on the build sheet is there and visible, The car has new rallye rims, center caps and trim rings as well as all 4 tires. Clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing are all new. Frame is solid because the car was factory undercoated J55 and cost back then16.60 its on the window sticker. The car has a 8 3/4 rear with 323 posi. Tinted glass,Delux interior, tinted glass, power steering and sport stripe which went down the body that said 340 which feel off long ago.Window sticker shows for you number guys, D6x, A01, A86, C16, C73, D21, D53, D91, E55, G11, H31, J11, J55, S77, V6X, Y14, T74, It has the original fender tag and the cowl numbers match the vin. The car runs and drives great no issues starts right up and runs like a bear, Since the body has never been touched the car has some rust in the lower rear quarters which was fixed and some areas has some surface rust and are touched up to prevent further problems. The drivers floor pan will need to be patched is has some rust, The body will need to be redone but the car can be driven like it is without any issues. Interior is clean dash pad is perfect could use a new carpet remember its original and old. Planned on keeping it and redoing it next year but like everything else in life things change, This car painted and alittle bit of interior work would bring in the 20s.Buyer is responsbile for shipping charges but i will help the best i can to make it easy. I described the car to the best of my knowledge ans try to give a honest acurate description of the car but it is a used car and you are buying it as is. A original 69 340 barracuda fastback with a 4 speed is 1 of 1455 made so its rear. Payment must be made in full certified bank check or cash in person, car will not be shipped until funds are cleared.

Currently at $3550 with 6 days and 10 hours to go from when I post this.

What do you guys think?Whats that car worth?I was looking at that!

Nice car, if it was a 68 it would be double that price! I think you may be surprized how high it goes.

It's certainly got a few rust issues, that's for sure. I would seriously need to scope out the entire body before I went much over, say, $7K. I'm lovin' the originality and of course the factory console. I like how it's optioned up too, simple and with a Sure-
Grip. Seller seems honest in his description.

I might not even go $7K.....I dunno. I can't stand rust. That waviness on the right rear quarter panel is hilarious.

I live about 30 miles away,and emailed him.Seems like a real hoest guy.But I did get the reserve out of him!He knows its high and said he may lower it?15K :sad5:

Yup I dont see it going up to 15. I got sea sick looking at the right rear 1/4 and is probably ugly under that plastic filler. I would say a inner and outer panel along with an outer wheel well on that side. The thing it has going for it is its original and has not been hacked up. Love the 3 pedal cars.

It's a nice original car with good documentation. The rust, in my opinion, is severe.

Silver with a black deluxe interior is a very nice and clean color combo. If the rust doesn't put people off, I see it going for a bit over 10k.

Dang, Im not seeing 7k there...$RUST$...its a killer...
Buy one out west.....save the headaches...

10K maybe

I agree.

I really like A4 silver Barracudas. Personally for me, it would be the ultimate 67-69 340 Fastback if it had the bright 69 Red interior.

IMHO, the market on 69 340 Barracudas is very similar to 68's. I think a tad higher. The bare /6 and 318 Barracuda fastback 1968 cars are a little higher due to people making Hemi Super Stock clones out of them. The difference is nothing near double.

There was a 1970 Duster 340 4 speed TX9 triple black car, tag, all numbers, buildsheet, bought for just under $10K recently that is in significantly better shape body/rust wise than this car. But the carb and intake were off it, so it was not running. I do not think this A4 Barracuda 340 trumps that triple black Duster especially with the rust this Barracuda has. Probably both cars are worth very similar $$$

Seems like an honest seller. I agree with him that with a paint job it's worth in the low 20's. But that will be with paint and complete rust repair, new seat covers, and carpets. IMHO that's well over $10K body, paint, and seat recovering being farmed out. But with YOU doing all the dissassembly and assembly and detailing for FREE.

Spam bidders.
That reserve is nuts maybe a factory 383
15K the car should almost be mint or mint

Just my 2cents worth

:wack:

That is a rare car and looks to have all the parts on it plus a fresh engine and clutch.

That could be shill bidding. It is not the 1st time we have seen this. If it is you will see the car re-listed again and again.

I definitely see that a lot. I was watching a Yenko Corvair hit $49K with 6 days to go on Ebay. Yup, when it was over, they relisted it and I called it early on, seeing it that high in the first day.

That could be shill bidding. It is not the 1st time we have seen this. If it is you will see the car re-listed again and again.

I definitely see that a lot. I was watching a Yenko Corvair hit $49K with 6 days to go on Ebay. Yup, when it was over, they relisted it and I called it early on, seeing it that high in the first day.

It is very possible. It is at just over 10K but 15K is still a long way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back