69 Barracuda race car

-

Trevor Mcmanaway

Reaction score
So I have recently acquired my first Mopar it is a 1969 barracuda drag car with a 440 and a 727 trans brake line lock full cage big tire car And I’m hoping to find some people who know Mopar and could maybe give me some advice about the car

930FA2E6-F4F0-4FBF-A080-AFCC537DAF23.jpeg

Trevor, Welcome to FABO. You will have more then enough of advice here on this forum. Nice project car you got going there....

Thank you glad to be here if anyone out there has an idea of what this car is worth let me know I have no clue what a car like this is worth

It may be I’m no expert but I do know the tail lights or date coated 69
FWIW, At one point way back, mine had a '67 nose as well. The '69 stuff seems harder to find these days unless you have a barrel of money...........
upload_2021-4-21_11-35-53.png

welcome! What is it worth? I don't know, can you put a price on "Fun" ??

Welcome aboard from another fish owner. Hard to put $$ value on racecar, which looks like fun! Is vin on dash? Post 1st five digits of vin#.

Welcome aboard from another fish owner. Hard to put $$ value on racecar, which looks like fun! Is vin on dash? Post 1st five digits of vin#.
I can’t seem to find the Vin number anywhere nothing on the dash beside the a pillar nothing in the door jam on the a pillar

So I have recently acquired my first Mopar it is a 1969 barracuda drag car with a 440 and a 727 trans brake line lock full cage big tire car And I’m hoping to find some people who know Mopar and could maybe give me some advice about the car

View attachment 1715726515
FWIW, At one point way back, mine had a '67 nose as well. The '69 stuff seems harder to find these days unless you have a barrel of money...........
View attachment 1715726531
Any idea how much power a 440 can make on motor alone

Is it certified and current? Sticker on pass. side of roll bar.

That’s the plan
I like the plan.
Any idea how much power a 440 can make on motor alone
The thread link left behind is a good one by IQ52. He has also built up some excellent entries and winners in the Engine Masters dyno competition, so... LOL, Jim is a very good source of information on how to a big block.

There is no shortage of big block builds here or good knowledge.

For the future, at the top of this sub forum, the racers forum, there are a few sticky threads that are 1/4 mile based titled threads and what should contain everything or at least most of everything you need to know on how to obtain a certain ET.

Unfortunately! Not everyone has out in all the pertinent information. But most of it’s there. You can go back and see what others did with that car to fill it in the blanks. I’ll just say, a lightweight car goes faster with the same amount of power I have your car does so, there’s any more of a day that you can put your car on, do it!

Nice car by the way! Welcome aboard! I would like to see some more pictures if you please.

It may be I’m no expert but I do know the tail lights or date coated 69
If it has rectangle side marker lights on the quarter panel it's a 69, front ends are easily changed...i think some people forget that.
Nice car nonetheless, welcome to fabo. You will find all you need & some

-
Back