69 Dart 340 Swinger

-
Hey guys. It's time..........
This car is currently for sale. All stock except for a set of 14" Cragar wheels, and I have the steel wheels with redline dog-dish caps to go with it. Here are a few current pix. Original engine/transmission and differential. Everything works. The only part of the build sheet that is still legible includes the VIN and the "P" engine code but the rest cannot be read. The fender tag is present.
Power steering, power brakes, headrest seats, automatic transmission, day/night mirror, am radio as options. VERY few reproduction parts on this car, and all the original factory hardware was replated and reused. All original sheetmetal including quarter panels, floors, trunk floor etc. No sheet metal was replaced anywhere.
There's a couple of marks in the paint and it is dirty underneath from use, but it's ready for driving/shows. Multiple show winner.
It's a very dependable car, and we put about 7000 miles on it this summer including a trip to the Mopar Carlisle show this past July. The car was at the Retro Dealership display at Carlisle for the 40th anniversary of the 69 models. Car is in Connecticut. Please contact via PM to see the car or ask questions. Asking $24,900.

Dart For Sale 001.JPG

Dart For Sale 002.JPG

Dart For Sale 004.JPG

Dart For Sale 029.JPG

Dart For Sale 010.JPG

Dart For Sale 018.JPG

Dart For Sale 019.JPG

Dart For Sale 022.JPG

Dart For Sale 033.JPG

Dart For Sale 037.JPG

Very nice George, I hope you plan on buying another A-body when this ones gone. :poke:
I'm planning on another 69 Dart, 383, 4 speed. Not a clone, but a street rod. Kinda old school looking late 60's early 70's car.

George

George....Ahhhhh........Ahhhhhhhh....What are you thinking !!!!!!!!

Where is George and what have you done with him !!!!!

Really....What gives !!!!!!!! You worked so hard on that car.

Your bored arent you.lol

John

I'm planning on another 69 Dart, 383, 4 speed. Not a clone, but a street rod. Kinda old school looking late 60's early 70's car.

George

Okay, you`re off the hook. Lol! P.S.- I like the red brake drums, now that screams "old school". I was thinking of doing that on my Dart.

George....Ahhhhh........Ahhhhhhhh....What are you thinking !!!!!!!!

Where is George and what have you done with him !!!!!

Really....What gives !!!!!!!! You worked so hard on that car.

Your bored arent you.lol

John
YES John, bored is it! All this car needs is a wax job once in a while, and I get bored easily. LOL Don't want to modify the car as it's a numbers car, and I want a 4 speed, a Hemi hood, headers, deep gears etc. I already started collecting parts for the next car, just need this one gone. I'm going to eBay it with a $24K reserve this weekend. Hopefully it sells. If not, thats OK. It runs like a top so I'll just keep cleaning it all winter and be ready for next spring. If it goes to $20,000, I'll drop the reserve and see where it goes.

Okay, you`re off the hook. Lol! P.S.- I like the red brake drums, now that screams "old school". I was thinking of doing that on my Dart.
I thought about doing the red drums last fall, just never got around to it. One day my 10 year old son was on Google images and saw a car with Cragar's and red drums so he suggested we do our car the same way. I let him think it was his idea! LOL It broke my heart to spray red paint over those bare steel drums, but it made my son happy. I can remove it and re-clear the drums if I need to so it will look stock.

I want a red 69 Dart, with black gut, black vinyl top, black Bee stripe, blacked out Hemi hood, skinny Cragar's in front with steelies in back, fenderwell headers and a 4 speed. Maybe some tow tabs on the front bumper like the old days! LOL

71Dodge & Duane,
Thanks for the kind words.

George

I lowered the reserve price and relisted it on eBay. I also added a few more (different) pictures to the ad. I think it looks pretty good! LOL

George

Sad to see you selling her George - but - cant wait to see what you do to the next one!!!

Bill

I`ve been dropping in on the auction occasionally to see what`s happening. Good luck George, it`s sad to see it go but it`s time to make room for the next A-body.

Sad to see you selling her George - but - cant wait to see what you do to the next one!!!

Bill

I`ve been dropping in on the auction occasionally to see what`s happening. Good luck George, it`s sad to see it go but it`s time to make room for the next A-body.
Thanks fellas. I need another project. Next car will be nice too, but I doubt I'll ever see another 69 Dart this free from rust. Even various brackets and all the hardware were free of rust pitting. It's truly a remarkable car.
I'll keep ya's posted.

George

Thanks fellas. I need another project. Next car will be nice too, but I doubt I'll ever see another 69 Dart this free from rust. Even various brackets and all the hardware were free of rust pitting. It's truly a remarkable car.
I'll keep ya's posted.

George

WOW George! I meet you in Carlisle last july, I am the person form Puerto Rico that talk about the Dart, your car is the same that I have here, wow nice price, great oportunity, but the situation now here in the Island of PR is that the Goverment rise the taxes when somebody import a Muscle Car or Classic Car, I saw in detail your car and is perfect, very nice restoration. I will be think about it. Take Care!

WOW George! I meet you in Carlisle last july, I am the person form Puerto Rico that talk about the Dart, your car is the same that I have here, wow nice price, great oportunity, but the situation now here in the Island of PR is that the Goverment rise the taxes when somebody import a Muscle Car or Classic Car, I saw in detail your car and is perfect, very nice restoration. I will be think about it. Take Care!
It was nice talking to you and your family at Carlisle, and thanks for the kind words about the car! I appreciate it a great deal. I still have your business card around here somewhere. Good to see you on the board again.

George

After reading this whole thread I can't believe you can let her go! I love my gold Dart Swinger (she's a '72 Y8 not Y4) and can't imagine letting a stranger have her.

There's only 13 hours left on the auction and the bidding isn't near the reserve so maybe you'll end up keeping the Dart until next Spring when the car shows start again.

I really want to wish you luck but boy, is it HARD! Okay, good luck. :(

Thanks Goldengirl!
If I could keep this one AND build another I would do it in a minute, but I just don't have the funds for anything else unless this one goes. Not to mention I have no more room in the garage.

George

After reading this whole thread I can't believe you can let her go! I love my gold Dart Swinger (she's a '72 Y8 not Y4) and can't imagine letting a stranger have her.

There's only 13 hours left on the auction and the bidding isn't near the reserve so maybe you'll end up keeping the Dart until next Spring when the car shows start again.

I really want to wish you luck but boy, is it HARD! Okay, good luck. :(

If you will put wax paper over the paint stripper and let it set for a bit it seems to do a little better, let the wax paper set for a bit then give it a try.

Congrats! It may have been sold, but your build has left its mark on here...In fact I'm getting ready to repaint my Dart with the original FY4 next year!
What a nice thing to say. I'm glad the thread helped someone.
Best of Luck with your project, and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

George

George, after you replied to my thread I started, looking for 69 340 references, you responded with the link to your build. I must say simply stunning and amazing work!! Dads cuda is similar in color but in 67 it was ZZ1, and he has old school cragars on his as well. Thanks for all the details you put into this, I know it isnt easy documenting everything that is done in a resto! Kudos!!

George, after you replied to my thread I started, looking for 69 340 references, you responded with the link to your build. I must say simply stunning and amazing work!! Dads cuda is similar in color but in 67 it was ZZ1, and he has old school cragars on his as well. Thanks for all the details you put into this, I know it isnt easy documenting everything that is done in a resto! Kudos!!
LOL Thanks 4spd.
I greatly enjoyed restoring that car, and went to great lengths to use correct, real parts wherever possible.
We drove it for a year or so, and off to eBay it went. It was a great car, and fun to drive, but I don't like wiping them off once they're finished, I have more fun building them. Since I can only (barely) afford one car at a time, I had to sell it to finance the next one. A local guy here in CT bought it and as far as I know he still has it.

Glad the thread was of some help to a couple of members as that was my intent when I documented the restoration. I am so glad FABO keeps the pictures up so other members can refer to the thread if they want to check something.

George

-
Back