69 Dart 340 Swinger

-
=P~

Man O Man! Great work! Beautiful Dart!!

I am in Awe....more **** please!

:prayer:

Thanks fellas.
I can get more pix up on the weekend when I can roll the car out of the garage for better shots. The garage is kinda tight right now.

George

Very Nice my friend - you may just make it in time for Carslile at this pace!!
Bill

Thanks fellas.
I can get more pix up on the weekend when I can roll the car out of the garage for better shots. The garage is kinda tight right now.

George

actually that was good amount of pics. for some reason your post only showed 3 photos at first. after i posted my reply, all the photos showed up.!?

whatever. the car looks great. details look good.

wow town man...your car is looking nothign short of amazing...a ground upper it looks like?...sorry, but i didnt read all of your thread....

SANO George!

Same color as mine.

Way cleaner though.

My '68 still has the orignial paint, but it's showing it's age.

This is the kind of work that takes a car from "nice car" to "Oh my GAWD!":thumblef:

You guys are too kind!
I'm just finishing cut & buffing the paint. What a ***** in 90º heat, but it's done! Now for the bee stripe.
I'll snap a few more pix tonight!
THANK YOU for the kind words guys.

George

You guys are too kind!
I'm just finishing cut & buffing the paint. What a ***** in 90º heat, but it's done! Now for the bee stripe.
I'll snap a few more pix tonight!
THANK YOU for the kind words guys.

George

YES, more pics! I think it will hit over 100 today down here with the heat index-doing anything sucks! Very good progress as usual.

Mike

George,

Did you manage to get the stripe hung yet?

Kim
Hey Kim, yeah, I got it on, but screwed it up! LOL
I used your original stripe pix to position it, and I trapped a lot of air under the trunk lid piece. I emailed the seller about it, told him I screwed it up, and he sent me another trunk piece for free. Hows that for service?!
Anyway, here's a few pix as of today.
George

dart 6-22-8 009.JPG

dart 6-22-8 011.JPG

dart 6-22-8 013.JPG

dart 6-22-8 015.JPG

dart 6-22-8 022.JPG

dart 6-22-8 023.JPG

dart 6-22-8 017.JPG

dart 6-22-8 033.JPG

dart 6-22-8 037.JPG

dart 6-22-8 035.JPG

Ya know George, if you weren't obsessed about correctly placing factory style paint daubs all over your Swinger, you could be driving it by now!!!! LOL!

Those air bubbles under the stripe will work themselves out after you park the car out in the sun for a few hours.

Please invest in some fender covers. I know the lovely Mrs. Romano means no harm, but after all the work on the paint, I wouldn't let anybody come within 10 feet of the car!!

Keep it going buddy!! You're almost ~there~!!!

LOL Frank!
The lovely Mrs Romano has a message for ya, but I can't post it on a family message board! LOL
Just kiddin buddy.
You gonna make it to Carlisle Frank??

George

George,
I bet that helper you had thru this hole project in those pajamas was a great help! I sure hope as he gets older in life he takes on your marvelous skills to detail and perfection!

All I can say is WOW! I sure wish I lived closer as I would love to see that cars in person and be there when you first bring it back to life. I sure miss not having mine running.

Awesone business man who sold you the stripe. You should put the business name out there for others to have access to use.

Kim

Thanks Kim.
The stripe company is called Stripe Classics out of Ohio. Owner's name is Randy. Here is a ling to his eBay store. I recommend this guy to anyone. Great, honest company to deal with, and the fastest shipping I have ever seen.

http://stores.ebay.com/StripeClassics

Thats my younger boy; Nicky. He was excited to see the engine crane. My older boy Robert was also a big help. He even helped install the doors and the trunklid as well as the hood a few times as my wife and I held them in place. They're both itching to go for a ride in it! LOL

There is a problem with the bolt circle on the torque converter and the flexplate. The holes are off by about 1/2" in all 4 positions. I don't know what to do here.

George

Thanks Kim.
The stripe company is called Stripe Classics out of Ohio. Owner's name is Randy. Here is a ling to his eBay store. I recommend this guy to anyone. Great, honest company to deal with, and the fastest shipping I have ever seen.

http://stores.ebay.com/StripeClassics

Thats my younger boy; Nicky. He was excited to see the engine crane. My older boy Robert was also a big help. He even helped install the doors and the trunklid as well as the hood a few times as my wife and I held them in place. They're both itching to go for a ride in it! LOL

There is a problem with the bolt circle on the torque converter and the flexplate. The holes are off by about 1/2" in all 4 positions. I don't know what to do here.

George

Here's a pic of the converter/flexplate.

dart 6-22-8 016.JPG

George,

Is the flexplate and the transmission the same ones that came out of the car? Or was it not assembled when you got it? I believe there are two different size flex plates. And with where it's at now, it's going to be a bummer for you to change it out!

I'm guessing it wasn't bolted together and hooked up when you got it and someone got the wrong flex plate. As well, the torque converter could be the wrong application.

Thanks Kim.
I emailed the seller of the car and told him what happened. I only asked him because I figured he'd be most likely to help. I emailed a pic to him and he said the same thing as you; I need the smaller HIPO flexplate, not the bigger one. He's going to look around and see if he has one I can use.
I had already rented the hoist so I was putting that motor in the car with the wrong plate regardless. I didn't want to waste $40. I can slide the trans back a few inches support the engine, and get my hand in there. I didn't over tighten the trans to engine bolts knowing I would have to remove them.
I wish it was the correct plate because I can't really start assembling the engine components until the plate is changed out, but I still need to cut&buff the hood and a bunch of other small things so I'll be busy.
Thanks again for the help. I hope I don't run into any more surprises.

The trans is original to the car, but it was disassembled well before I took ownership.

George

Very nice work George - I once helped a guy install a v8 motor in his car and he had an automatic tranny - well the motor came out of a 3sp car and I didnt know so I fought for 3 hours trying to get the last 1/2 inch of play to line up. It wasnt till my friend talked at length with the previous owner that we figured out the little bearing had to come out of the crank for that last little bit of space. Dont it suck when you get soooo close. --- I hate it when that happens.. See Ya - Bill Are you Gonna be at Carslile??

Thanks Bill.
I'll be at Carlisle with the family, but the Dart won't make it til next year.

George

Nope, they snuck a blue year in on the 69's. The 68's are red. I know because I had my 340 painted blue then red (cuz a guy at the speed shop convinced me I was wrong) then I went online to two different sites and both had the 69 340 as blue. So I painted the darn thing AGAIN. Two more coats and I'll have a big block.
When i was doing some research on engine colors for my 69 Dart. i found out the engines could have been 4 different colors, tourquis green, red, blue and hemi orange. As for my 69 Dart, 340, it was Green. The radiator support was black from about the bumper mounts on down.

Thanks Bill.
I'll be at Carlisle with the family, but the Dart won't make it til next year.

George

Yeah - I am alot farther along than I thought I would be at this point but there is no way my car will be at Carslile this year either. Let me know what day your going - maybe we can sit down for a soda some where.
Bill

-
Back