69 Dart 440 Convertible

-
Hey George
looking good
I just finished my wiring job. Came out good, just have to clean up some wires.
I wired the front fender marker lights to blink with the signals, saw that from slant 6 Dan.
I was wondering if I can talk you into helping me change the windshield if I can find one
thank you
George

George, that thing is looking really good, getting pretty close to having it on the road. Are you planning on putting a tail stripe on it?

I am a dart fan and been monitoring .. hoping soon we can see some further back photos of vehicle.....

Top Down, in the Sun, gonna have fun, Top Down.

(Any Hamilton members remember this one?)

Grant

Some pix from this week. New rug, new rear seat covers, blacked out the hood, gauges permanently mounted. Still need to make an exhaust for it. I drove it around the neighborhood a few times with open dumps, and I cracked it once in first gear at about a 15MPH roll and it broke the slicks loose! This thing is gonna move!

Thanks for lookin!

George

69 Dart Convertible21.jpg

69 Dart Convertible22.jpg

69 Dart Convertible23.jpg

69 Dart Convertible24.jpg

69 Dart Convertible25.jpg

69 Dart Convertible26.jpg

69 Dart Convertible27.jpg

George, car is looking great..No luck on the mirror at carlise, but I am suppose to pick up a 6 dart conv this week and will see if this car has one on it..I might be parting the car out, I will keep you posted when I pick the car up this week..

George, car is looking great..No luck on the mirror at carlise, but I am suppose to pick up a 6 dart conv this week and will see if this car has one on it..I might be parting the car out, I will keep you posted when I pick the car up this week..
Hauk,
Guess what I found in the pile-O-**** the guy gave me when I bought the car? Yep, the vert mirror. I cleaned it up a reinstalled it yesterday. I didn't want to say anything in case you bought one for me I would have reimbursed you without saying! LOL
Thanks for keeping me in mind, I appreciate it.
Thanks for the kind words.

George

Hey George,
Dam,how did I miss this one. The car is looking great as usual.
I still miss the gold car,looks like your having tons of fun though !
I will be watching !
Cheers !
John

Hey George the car is coming along nicely!! I remember when I had an old 65 Lamans vert I put a 389 in to make a mock gto - when I see your dart it reminds me of how cool it used to feel to drive that car - with its big block and loud headers and crazy torque - what a blast with the top down !!! Gotta love a big block convert!!
Keep up the good work buddy - Bill

Thats what i'm saying ... Goerge what rims you using welds or cragars ... like the welds...

Thanks a lot guys.

rrvolare- The Weld wheels were on the back of the car when I bought it. They're 15X8.5 and I'll be selling them soon. I have a set of stock steel wheels in black that I bought from Wheel Vintiques that I plan to use for a while, but will eventually replace them with another set of 15X8 Cragar Super Sports. At that time, I'll mount the slicks to the steel wheels and run street tires on the Cragars.

George

George, your car looks great! You did a lot since the spring. I'll bet it Screeeeeems!!!!

go george go, and i quote "wind, in my hair, shifting and drifting, mechanical music, adrennalin surge" i cant think of a better way to spend a day.

Good Rush tune.
Thanks fellas. I wish I had more time to work on it. Hell, by the time I get home from work lately, I'm too pooped to pop anyway.
Hopefully I'll make a dent in the exhaust system this weekend.

George

Been a while since I updated the thread, I've been having too much fun driving it! LOL
Still a long way to go but it's registered and we've put about 1500 miles on it so far. Runs like a raped ape! It will break the slicks lose in 2nd and 3rd easily....unless they're hot!
Once it's painted this winter, I'll have the new top and front seat covers installed. I have them already.

Thanks for lookin!!!

George

Attachments

• Dart & Boat 10-9-10 018.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 017.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 387
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 014.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 013.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 385
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 004.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 003.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 385
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 002.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 388
  • Dart & Boat 10-9-10 020.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 384
Rollin' resto...

Sweet, George.

Gonna keep drivin' til the snow flies or when you don't have the weather for the top down?

Probably until they salt the roads for the first time, Rob, but the REAL determining factor is the fact that I don't have the heater hoses hooked up to the engine yet, and it was quite cold in there this morning!
All I really need are the nipples for the engine side and it'll have heat. The heater box is already installed.
George

Probably until they salt the roads for the first time, Rob, but the REAL determining factor is the fact that I don't have the heater hoses hooked up to the engine yet, and it was quite cold in there this morning!
All I really need are the nipples for the engine side and it'll have heat. The heater box is already installed.
George

Not having defrost would be a big determining factor for me! I can always throw on some thicker socks and use gloves, but man, a fogged windshield is a pain in the butt! lol

-
Back