69 Dart 440 Convertible

-
Looking good George. Love the tow bar brackets(old school)

cool car cool thread!
just wondering about the hydraulic clutch set up as I would like to run one in my car, did you ever figure out what it came off? any picks or info you have would be appreciated, cant wait to see yours with paint on it

cool car cool thread!
just wondering about the hydraulic clutch set up as I would like to run one in my car, did you ever figure out what it came off? any picks or info you have would be appreciated, cant wait to see yours with paint on it
No, I still have no idea where the system parts came from. I may swap out the slave cylinder for a modern "pull style" one. I'm not getting enough throw from this one.

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

George

Looks sweet George - cant wait 2 see it with some paint on - are you going 2 go with red?
BTW check out my summer project - its not an A-body but I thought you may get a kick out of it!!!:happy10: and I actually did the painting this time around!!!
See ya George - Bill

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 529
Jeep looks great Bill! Nice job. I bet it's a blast to drive that monster.
Yes, the Dart will be red. I already did the engine compartment and door jambs so all that is left is the outer body. I think I'm going to make the hood red as well. I was going to keep the matte black, but changed my mind.
Good to hear from ya buddy. Hope all is well over there. Hey, whats going on with the Cuda??

George

Hey, whats going on with the Cuda??

George

Hey George - all is well down here - the cuda is doing fine - I take it out 2 the local cruz night every now and again - I think this winter I will concentrate on getting all the final touches together and finally take it 2 Carlisle in July - not much left 2 do - I just have 2 keep myself away from other projects 4 awhile.
Talk 2 ya soon Bud - Bill

Car looks great, George.
BTW, where did you get those fantastic looking exhaust tips?
IMHO, they really make the car...(lol)
Hey, seriously, glad to have been able to contribute through our transaction.
It really looks good.

Been a while since I updated the thread, I've been having too much fun driving it! LOL
Still a long way to go but it's registered and we've put about 1500 miles on it so far. Runs like a raped ape! It will break the slicks lose in 2nd and 3rd easily....unless they're hot!
Once it's painted this winter, I'll have the new top and front seat covers installed. I have them already.

Thanks for lookin!!!

George

George, it sounds like you are having a blast. What a hot rod! I didn't get to take the car out too much this summer. Was too busy at work. Luv it though... Great Pics!
Dave.

George, it sounds like you are having a blast. What a hot rod! I didn't get to take the car out too much this summer. Was too busy at work. Luv it though... Great Pics!
Dave.
Good to hear from ya, Dave. Glad ol Gold is doing well. I was hoping to see ya at a few local shows this summer, but I didn't get out til late August and now I see you're workin yer butt off.
Glad you're happy with the car.
Thanks fellas for the kind words about the vert.
I bought a boat in early September and we've been having fun with that so not much going on with the Dart, but now that its getting cold, I'll be back to work! Gotta get it painted this winter for sure.

George

Nice ride George. I just started looking thur the resto threads and came across yours. Looks like your dong a fantastic job.
How did you mount the gages on the cowl? I'm looking for different places and ways of mounting them. I bought a set of 2 5/8's gages and now trying to figure out a location.
Another question, Can the trunk extensions be replaced and not mess up the paint on the quarters?
Keep up the good work and keep us all posted. I'm trying to get up the courage to start on mine.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
I used a Tinnerman clip and a sheet metal screw through one of the openings to mount the gauges to the cowl. I am undecided if they'll stay there or not. I might move them to the column.
As far as the trunk extensions, if you need to replace the whole piece, I would do it before paint. In my case, only the very lowest part of the extension was rotted, so I just cut what I needed from a repro pair and welded them in. They do weld to the lower part of the quarter, and also to the wheel opening so yes, it would ruin new paint.
Thanks for the compliments.
I haven't done much work to the car in a while as I've been getting the house ready for winter, but hopefully I'll be back on it within a week or so.

Geo

i remember seeing that car for sale locally. it was getting pretty tempting when the price started dropping. cool to see it progress. is that shroud a slant six abody shroud? what size aluminum radiator is that?

Hey James. The car was for sale in Carteret, NJ. I grabbed it last October. The seller and I keep in touch about once a month, great guy, and he threw in about $3000 worth of parts. I sold off $2500 of it already! LOL
Fan shroud is an eBay special from a slant 6, installed upside down, and fits the rad perfectly! When I got it, there were 2 electric fans on it which I removed. The radiator is 22" wide; same as the opening. Car (with no thermostat) runs at 130º. It's a Be Cool radiator. I'll probably install a 160 'stat in the spring.

George

Very nice! Looks like a lot of fun. There is no rush like the one when you are running a car without tags and open headers.:toothy10::D

Getting closer to paint.
Cut the wheel openings like a Hemi Dart, and welded in a flange to make it look factory. Started removing trim etc in order to prep for paint. My son and I wetsanded it yesterday, and we found a few things that need attention before we seal it. The panels are pretty damned straight if I do say so myself! :D
IF the weather cooperates on weekends, I should be in color in a few weeks.......if I don't "burn out" from all this sanding! LOL
Thanks for lookin!

Looks like I suck with my new camera. Sorry about the small pix, guys.

George

Attachments

• 100_0073.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 100_0075.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 312
  • 100_0077.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_0078.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 100_0079.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 325
Pix as of this am. Still have to color sand, but the paint is still too soft for that. Will have a black GTS tail stripe, and a new black soft top.
Too bad it won't be ready for Carlisle (I'll be there with my blue '90 Power Ram in the truck class), but I still have the 456's and slicks on it so no way to get there on the freeway.
Thanks for lookin!

George

Attachments

• 000_0012.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 303
  • 000_0011.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 000_0010.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 000_0009.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 000_0008.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 000_0007.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 000_0013.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 300
Looks Great, bet you will be working on it as soon as you get back from Carlise..Enjoy

looks good. i just dug this thread up the other day to see if it was painted yet. is the center rib of the scoop cut out?

-
Back