69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
I am really looking forward to the GT trim, red stripe magnums and the black roof. I think this will look amazing with your paint. The hood and 6pac just put it over the top.
Do you think you will make it to Carlisle?

I really don't think i'll have it ready by Carlisle. I'm shooting for the Nats in August, even that may be a stretch. Whith a day or so a week and an hour here or there and one person turning wrenches, it takes a while. By the way my top will be white this time around.

I went with a 15x6 in the front but had to use a 195/60R15 tire to have clearance. The fronts are 7.9" wide within a 8.5" space with a diameter of 24.2". The rears are 15x8 with 225/60R15 tires. The rears are 10.5" wide within a 11" space with a diameter of 25.8. I like this combo because it gives just the right amount of rake. The biggest problem I had was the backspacing on the rims as they both had to be maxed to fit.

Here is a link to a tire chart that will give you width and diameter. It is the same place that made my rims for me (Vintage V). They really look great on my car.

http://www.team3wheels.com/tech_specs_tire_chart.html
Hey Evil,
I wanted to run the same size tires and wheels, with a kinda oem feel, all the way around for this car. I think it gives it just a touch of what it could have looked like if Ma had stepped up a little. By the way, That's an awesome web site. They have some super nice wheels. Those Vintage V wheels are sweet! Good choice.

I really don't think i'll have it ready by Carlisle. I'm shooting for the Nats in August, even that may be a stretch. Whith a day or so a week and an hour here or there and one person turning wrenches, it takes a while. By the way my top will be white this time around.

A white top will look good also. As long as you don't put a mod colored top on!!
If you miss the Nats, there is always Moparfest LOL

Hey Evil,
I wanted to run the same size tires and wheels, with a kinda oem feel, all the way around for this car. I think it gives it just a touch of what it could have looked like if Ma had stepped up a little. By the way, That's an awesome web site. They have some super nice wheels. Those Vintage V wheels are sweet! Good choice.

I wanted to use the same size also but with the RMS Alterktion I had to go with a smaller tire in the front. If I went with 225's in the front not only would the tires have rubbed on the fender but I wouldn't be able to turn the car.
Oh well now that it is done I am very happy with it.

They do great work over there at ET (team III wheels) but I had to convince him to paint the spokes black as they come either cast or polished. After he saw them on the car he understood why.....They are sweet.

Beautiful car and work. I am so jealous. When you vacation to new York come and check on my progress I could use some pointers. I only hope mine looks close to yours. I had a dart that Color in 71 I should have never sold it

Beautiful car and work. I am so jealous. When you vacation to new York come and check on my progress I could use some pointers. I only hope mine looks close to yours. I had a dart that Color in 71 I should have never sold it

Hey Philly,
You are 100% correct, that is a 70 & 71 only Summer color, Sassy Grass or Go Green, depending on which side of the fence your on. We have some friends that live in Canada, and they have been trying to get us to come up and spend some time with them in the summer, so coming to NY is not out of the question. We'll have to see if I can get it finished before the Nats in August. Right this minute, it seems overwhelming, but I've worked on this car many years and have tried to keep my focus, lets just hope I can keep it up a little longer.

Hey guys,
Well after many weeks of fit and finish, the "340 SIX PACK" hood call outs are finished and installed in the hood inserts. The guys at Carolina Custom worked with me to make these call outs look like MaMopar could have done these. They are milled billet aluminum. I polished and painted them myself. After trying several test colors, I think the black and red look most factory. I wanted to give the hood that subtle punch to set it off. Got a couple more ideas in the works, I'll let you guys know when their ready.

View attachment 1714720106

View attachment 1714720107

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Martin, I'm back in NJ.
Thanks for the great food and the great time.
The car looks just as awesome in person as it does in pictures!

Attachments

• 2fine69s.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 523
Hey Martin, I'm back in NJ.
Thanks for the great food and the great time.
The car looks just as awesome in person as it does in pictures!

Hey Al,
Glad you enjoyed our southern food and hospitality. It was MY pleasure to have you come down. Hope we can do it again. Maybe this time, I'll come up to NJ and you can show me around. This site is famous for getting mopar people together, and it lived up to its rep. Stay focused on the dart and don't wreck the bike,
Martin

After not touching the car for a few weeks due to my brothers massive heart attack and triple by pass, I had some time to go to the shop yesterday. I assembled the hood louvers and inserts, then installed them on the hood. The louvers are repops, but fit really well. I hope today and tomorrow, I can put some more time in on the car.

DSC_0001.JPG

Hey Al,
Glad you enjoyed our southern food and hospitality. It was MY pleasure to have you come down. Hope we can do it again. Maybe this time, I'll come up to NJ and you can show me around. This site is famous for getting mopar people together, and it lived up to its rep. Stay focused on the dart and don't wreck the bike,
Martin
Martin,

Hey, if you think you're going to be up by me do not hesitate to let me know. Seeing your ride and all of the detail up close was great motivation.
I haven't had much time to work on the car since I returned, but I'm back on the stick.

The Bike is parked and waiting for me to finish the dart.

Since we drove down in the FRS you didn't get to see the 82 GPz. Here she is.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...8_10202010015070633_2606921785570334895_n.jpg

Going to turn it into this:

10377001_10202094866751872_172505361187195133_n.jpg

I hope you're brother is feeling better and gets well soon.

-AlV

I will have admit, At first I felt a little deprived due to the lack of updates lately, but after reading your post it is most understandable and yes we must have priorities, Best wishes to your family and pray for a speedy recovery. Now I will say that the inserts and hood look top notch. You have set a very high bench mark to follow, when the time comes I can only hope my workmanship and attention to detail will compare.

Martin,

Hey, if you think you're going to be up by me do not hesitate to let me know. Seeing your ride and all of the detail up close was great motivation.
I haven't had much time to work on the car since I returned, but I'm back on the stick.

The Bike is parked and waiting for me to finish the dart.

Since we drove down in the FRS you didn't get to see the 82 GPz. Here she is.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...8_10202010015070633_2606921785570334895_n.jpg

Going to turn it into this:

10377001_10202094866751872_172505361187195133_n.jpg

I hope you're brother is feeling better and gets well soon.

-AlV
Thanks Al,
It was a real pleasure to meet you. Glad you enjoyed the car and the food. The next time I'm up your way, rest assured, I will drop by. Cafe' racers are just plain cool, your bike is going to be awesome! I hope my brother will be out of the hospital this week, keep your fingers crossed,
Martin

I will have admit, At first I felt a little deprived due to the lack of updates lately, but after reading your post it is most understandable and yes we must have priorities, Best wishes to your family and pray for a speedy recovery. Now I will say that the inserts and hood look top notch. You have set a very high bench mark to follow, when the time comes I can only hope my workmanship and attention to detail will compare.

Hey BT,
Glad you understand and also glad you like the inserts. I have a list a mile long of things to do to the dart and I hope things settle down and I can get back to it. I've had many pm's sending prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for my brother and it appears they have been answered, he may be able to come home this week... Lets hope so
Martin

This weekend I finally had a chance to get back to the dart. I started by removing the trunk latch, cleaning it, sanding it and painting it base/clear silver, and I must say it looks much better than the zinc coating ma mopar used on them. I ground the heads of the stainless bolts and polished them. I installed the side marker housings and reflectors. The rears were a job since the repo rear housings had studs in the wrong place for my repo quarters. I had to drill and bolt the housings in, instead of using the studs. When I started looking housings I did not know that their were deep and shallow for the rear, my oem's were deep. I found the deep ones at PG Classic. The fronts went on with out a hitch.

View attachment 1714726879

View attachment 1714726880

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3396.JPG

Looks good, Glad to see you getting a little Dart time..... I suppose I should start one of these threads myself since I ordered some goodies for mine and will be ordering a few more things in the next few days so I can finalize the drivetrain, exhaust, and finally move onto either the interior or body. But hey this is your thread and as always you are doing great work here.

Looks good, Glad to see you getting a little Dart time..... I suppose I should start one of these threads myself since I ordered some goodies for mine and will be ordering a few more things in the next few days so I can finalize the drivetrain, exhaust, and finally move onto either the interior or body. But hey this is your thread and as always you are doing great work here.

Thanks BT,
If you need any help or information to get your project going, just drop me a line,
Martin

-
Back