70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
I did at sometime. Got tired of talking about. So I surf and live vicariously thru others efforts. Lol. But essentially 451 12.4:1 comp on E-85 metered single 1050 (4150) carb. B1/BS Heads. Cam is nothing too hot at .585 lift mech flat tappet.

Heads have more porting room. And cam could be improved. But it's new and functional. (Not comfortable pulling components that are working fine. Knowing I'm perfectly capable of screwing up something that doesn't need fixing. Lol.)

View attachment 1716194577

View attachment 1716194578
Sweet id love to have a set of B1 heads.
yeah I don't mind tearing stuff up to go for a little more, but I just need to see what this engine will do, with slightly bigger than standard ports and what I call a streetable cam, the lift is okay @.660-.674 but the duration is easily 10-12 less than it should have

Sweet id love to have a set of B1 heads.
yeah I don't mind tearing stuff up to go for a little more, but I just need to see what this engine will do, with slightly bigger than standard ports and what I call a streetable cam, the lift is okay @.660-.674 but the duration is easily 10-12 less than it should have
Roger that. I do have the bug that when something does need replacement. "Why not go hotter?" Lol.

The B1s are nice. Plenty beefy for some impressive flow porting. 15+ years ago Edelbrock, Indy, Stealth ect couldn't touch them. But as you are aware. They closed the performance gap.

Nothing big for an update just got a slip yoke from summit a few minutes ago, this is a really nice piece.
I'm just waiting for a couple more tubes of DOM for rocker bars.
The pinion yoke
Trans blanket
Flex plate shield
Then I'll be ready to rock and not have to guess, because I don't like doing things twice.

IMG_20240122_134244198_HDR.jpg

Nothing big for an update just got a slip yoke from summit a few minutes ago, this is a really nice piece.
I'm just waiting for a couple more tubes of DOM for rocker bars.
The pinion yoke
Trans blanket
Flex plate shield
Then I'll be ready to rock and not have to guess, because I don't like doing things twice.

View attachment 1716196089
This is what happened when I neglected a driveshaft upgrade. High 10 sec car now built for 10 flat did that at first hit.

(I'm sure this sport would be easier if I was a little smarter? Lol.)

031.JPG

This is what happened when I neglected a driveshaft upgrade. High 10 sec car now built for 10 flat did that at first hit.

(I'm sure this sport would be easier if I was a little smarter? Lol.)

View attachment 1716196099
Holy **** cojo, I hope there was an open porta potty after that lol...that's exactly what I was trying to avoid

Holy **** cojo, I hope there was an open porta potty after that lol...that's exactly what I was trying to avoid
Yeah. Big bang for sure. Car barely moved. Starter walked over and said "You're not leaking anything." So sence of relief followed by "I know what it is." The component I neglected. And that was the result.

Last edited:
Brand new tci flex plate shield just showed up .
I got it from epw and it's certed from April 2016.
Which is 3 years expired lol
So I'll do my mock up stuff and send it over to tci in Mississippi for recert and won't have to worry about it for 5 years.
Just kinda pisses me off that I will have to spend an additional $65.00 but I'd have to do it sometime anyway

So I'll do my mock up stuff and send it over to tci in Mississippi for recert and won't have to worry about it for 5 years.
Just kinda pisses me off that I will have to spend an additional $65.00 but I'd have to do it sometime anyway

As many tracks as I’ve gone to and as much tech I’ve never had anyone ask about my flywheel. But that one would go back to get a fresh date from who I got it from.

As many tracks as I’ve gone to and as much tech I’ve never had anyone ask about my flywheel. But that one would go back to get a fresh date from who I got it from.
My big track a Brainerd Int Raceway will ask if an aftermarket flex plate is used. And if a tranny blanket. I can truthfully answer yes to those questions. Are they current to today's SFI standards?

That I have not been asked. But I bet if car does ever go under 9.90? That topic will be get closer scrutiny. Among other safety concerns. Lol.

Expired Parts Warehouse? Send it back

Well it seems we've been chosen again.
This time a big male husky, I'm guessing he's not very old. He was all wet and wouldn't leave so I put my Leather gloves on and went out to see if he's a nice dog. Yep he's nice and mostly dry,
I will make an appointment for the vet on Monday. Our other girls aren't spayed yet and the boys are less expensive to get neutered.
(Sorry about that buddy)
IMG_20240128_094647047_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240128_094720220_HDR.jpg

This time a big male husky, I'm guessing he's not very old. He was all wet and wouldn't leave so I put my Leather gloves on and went out to see if he's a nice dog. Yep he's nice and mostly dry,
I will make an appointment for the vet on Monday. Our other girls aren't spayed yet and the boys are less expensive to get neutered.
(Sorry about that buddy)
View attachment 1716198708

View attachment 1716198709
He's a really handsome boy! Bless you for your kind heart in giving him a home! Betting he's less than 2 years old.

20200407_094653.jpg

Bears some resemblance to my girl, Husky/Shepherd mix, watching me leave for work.

She's a real sweetie, was rescued from a local reservation at less than 1 year old, had already had a litter and was in pretty rough shape. We brought her home about 4 or 5 years ago now, and she's been truly a joy to have. Her younger brother tends to push his luck with her often, and even though he's got 30 pounds on her, she can kick his ***!

Roger that. I do have the bug that when something does need replacement. "Why not go hotter?" Lol.

The B1s are nice. Plenty beefy for some impressive flow porting. 15+ years ago Edelbrock, Indy, Stealth ect couldn't touch them. But as you are aware. They closed the performance gap.
In the context of what you are saying the B1BS was never ahead of the -1 Indy unported especially. They aren't a bad head but even 'all-out' they can't touch a similar prepped -1. Even though B1 original is a better head you'd rarely find one run better than a good -1 build.

In the context of what you are saying the B1BS was never ahead of the -1 Indy unported especially. They aren't a bad head but even 'all-out' they can't touch a similar prepped -1. Even though B1 original is a better head you'd rarely find one run better than a good -1 build.
THats interesting, I think that will be my have to be my next upgrade especially at the cost of B1 stuff.
But I'll see how this thing runs 1st obviously

Last edited:
(Sorry about that buddy)
View attachment 1716198708

View attachment 1716198709
I hate it when I get adopted. Lol. But if you're "chosen" you may not have too many options.

I'm sure this guy will fit right in.

She's a real sweetie, was rescued from a local reservation at less than 1 year old, had already had a litter and was in pretty rough shape. We brought her home about 4 or 5 years ago now, and she's been truly a joy to have. Her younger brother tends to push his luck with her often, and even though he's got 30 pounds on her, she can kick his ***!
If I walk 2 feet away from this dude he starts howling. Much better than the barking my girls do

My last adoption was this cat. My son bought it home when a girl he liked could no longer care for. The cat was 15 years old. Poor eye sight. Barely could hear. And was unable to even jump up on a couch. And of course this now became my issue. Lol.

I remember saying. "She is half dead?" But I had to play some wingman for my son's likes of this girl. He never got the girl. But I got this cat. "Like it was hard seeing this coming?" And I'm a dog person.

What I didn't realize was that her sense of smell and resulting appetite were in mint condition. She would be right there when I brought home a dinner. And because she was missing half her teeth. I had to cut up little pieces of my supper so she can eat. And her mobility began to improve.

She passed away last year at the age of 22. Curled up on her blanket. And on her couch. Dying in her sleep.

1142524-e9a53d46772a058bc375562ef65ea967.jpg

I think the reason you are saying this is because there are so many 440-1 builds. My buddy runs 8.50’s with B1BS heads in his 69 charger. He finally bought a set of B1MC heads and our B1 guru and friend Tom Hemphill passed away.

-
Back