70 Dart Custom

-
Well, I went with an A body manual master for single piston discs.

I was waiting to install the interior until the windows were put in, because I didn't want the window guys climbing all over the seats.
I installed a new package tray, and cleaned up the rear defrost vacuum and vent.
The window guys came a few days ago and installed a new front windshield, new rubbers, and new clips, and re installed my rear window.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

I put my drip rail chrome back on.

013-1.jpg

Yesterday I started my carpet install, and finished it today. I also installed kick panels, sill plates, door panels, arm rests, new interior door handles, rear window interior trim, A pillar trim, window cranks, rear bench, front bench bottom, and rooted through my box of green seat belts.

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

027-1.jpg

This is my first look at your restoration. Great job so far! I hear you the 340 taking so long. It took a year and a half to get the Demon through the paint shop (plenty of blame to go around on this one, partly my fault.).

Trick for fitting vinyl on seats and door panels is to use a hair drier to soften up the vinyl. Use a small squeegee soaked in soapy water to move ripples to the edge. Same technique works with decals and window film. Don't use a burnishing pen as it is easy to poke holes in stuff that is soft but is resistant to being moved.

Mr. G's in Forth Worth, TX restores the dash panels, both the "chrome" and the "wood" parts. No decals or appliques. If he has them on the shelf, he'll swap yours out for his charge. The work is very good, you get what you pay for.

If all you want to do is even out the appearance of the chrome sections of your dash panels, try spraying them with "Chrome" paint. I've experimented with all sorts of things on my 73 Dart Custom, clear coat or clear tape applique. Both of these techniques tended to turn the paint an uneven shade of gray. I found it best just to use multiple coats and let the natural aging process occur.

The picture below shows the difference between my "as found" and "finished" work on the dash panel pieces. The glove box door chrome is sprayed on "chrome".

Attachments

• IMG_5090s.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 459
Oh man, the constant excuses are what piss me off the most, every single time it's something like 'well I had a headache, my bladder is giving me problems, my stomach hurts, my shoulder hurts, I pulled a muscle in my arm, yadda yadda yadda'.

Looks great Mike, any word on the motor yet?

The rockers were hitting the springs, but that was taken care of, and now the valve covers I gave him aren't clearing, but I have a pair of M/T covers which I'm taking him tomorrow. The intake still needs machining. It was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, then last week, now it will supposedly be done this week.

Swapped out my "chewed on" steering wheel today for one that isn't so ugly, front seat backs are in but without head rests as mine are garbage. Also ran new fuel line today, and installed new sending unit in new gas tank, getting it ready for install. Just waiting on new J hooks from crackedback.

I'm also debating on whether or not I want to install my wheel well trim, there is no rocker trim, just wheel well, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to break up the green, or if it will look out of place.

Intake was installed, And we broke the motor in today. 85 psi at break in. I'm going to strip the paint off the M/T covers, blast them, and repaint.

D39F29E5-FB6F-4D2B-8CC2-0D1E819060A0-4086-0000052E34D06485.jpg

It won't snow down here before December eh ! up there could be a bit different ,you may have to git er dun buddy .

When I bought the 340 rods from a guy in Cedar for cheap, he also gave me a Crane Fireball 440 cam, and a Holley 750 double pumper for free. Well, I had just put the carb on the shelf and never really checked it out until now.. the thing is brand new! I pulled both floats today and neither even have varnish inside. And its the newer style, with the plastic pieces. It also has the chrome fuel line with it. That's $500 I didn't have to spend.

-
Back