70 Dart Custom

-
Thats awesome your girl is helping ya!

Ya, she is great help too. She keeps me from getting frustrated, and is eager to get this car back on the road. I wouldn't have been able to get these seats done without her. We're going to work on them again tomorrow too, hopefully finish them up.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Is the interior as much as of a PITA as you imagined?
...why did you paint your toe nails?

I WISH MY WIFE were one tenth as helpfull.....Instead she is merely a ***** about every aspect of my Dart.Too bad for her,she knew what I was like when she married me...

Thanks. Carmen and I tackled the drivers side front back rest, as well as the back seat bottom before I left for work today. They both turned out great. Got the passenger side front back rest and front bench prepared for when I get home from work in 3 weeks. This is my last shift at work for the summer, so I should get lots done when I get home. If anyone has any questions about the re upholstery, I'll answer them as best I can.

the whole summer off , you dog you lol can't wait to see your car at the shows this summer , maybe you can cruise to Moparfest this year ,I'd give up the hundred bucks for the longest driver to see another FABO guy win it .

the whole summer off , you dog you lol can't wait to see your car at the shows this summer , maybe you can cruise to Moparfest this year ,I'd give up the hundred bucks for the longest driver to see another FABO guy win it .

Depends on if my motor ever gets finished. It's only been in the builders shop since September 2010.. sigh.
I hope it makes it out this year, I don't see why not with the summer off, but still a lot ahead of me. Complete interior, have to pick up my tranny from oldkimmer in Saskatchewan, waiting on engine.. who the hell knows when it will be done, all exterior, glass, ordered Doug's headers, hope they show up soon.

O.K Mike I appreciate your patientce but there is a limit. 2 yrs is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to give the engine builder a kick....

well we could always get everything else done then tow you behind the Cuda to OldKimmers place so he can install the tranny and set it up eh Kimmer lol , I was thinking on going through his way for a mid trip tuneup this year and he had mentioned he might want to go to Moparfest this year maybe we have the start of a Convoy , I can always hit Newfoundland after the show instead of before .

I've been fighting this guy on and off. It's so close to completion, so I'm unsure as to why he is taking his sweet *** time, and each time I see him, he bitches about the stock market and that its why he hasn't finished yet.. what?! How does that have anything to do with my 340?

And a trip to Moparfest sounds great! When is it? I also am going to Tom's (Dartnut) place in Cranbrook when I go get my tranny from Kim.

And here are 2 pics of the back seat sort of set up. Sorry about the picture quality, took them with my cell phone.

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

seats look great Mike , Moparfest is August 18-19 , I`m leaving from Victoria either August 10th or 11th if I'm going straight there or the 6th if I`m going to Newfoundland first .Dartnut is one of the guy`s I thought about stopping to see on the way along with Oldkimmer and Oneofmany in Winterpeg , I wanted to stop in on him last year but the traffic and the detours frustrated me to the point of just bypassing the Peg and stopping in Kenora instead

What gear did you run out back to drive all the way there? If I have it all together by then, I'd really like to go, but I'll have to get all the bugs worked out first.

What gear did you run out back to drive all the way there? If I have it all together by then, I'd really like to go, but I'll have to get all the bugs worked out first.
I run the 323 rear gear with the 245/60/14 tires it's a 26.4 inch tire and idles up the side of the Rockies at 70 mph like nothing , I got a little punchy driving at night and lost track of some of my receipts and numbers but generally I ran for 2.5 hrs and put in 40 bucks of high test at @1.45 lt so about 30 litres for 250 - 300 km not bad 10-12 litres per 100 km is better than my buddies new Silverado he was getting 14 per 100 on his last trip to Kamloops ,gotta love big hp/tq strokers they can haul the mail up the side of the mountain at 2000 rpm like a stock motor on the flat land

Cool. I've got a 3.23 SG in the rear as well. I haven't seen your car in a while, would be nice to meet up again. I think the last time was when you gave me those tires at Francellis. If you're going to be around Vic in June, I'll stop by when Carmen and I go next.

Cool. I've got a 3.23 SG in the rear as well. I haven't seen your car in a while, would be nice to meet up again. I think the last time was when you gave me those tires at Francellis. If you're going to be around Vic in June, I'll stop by when Carmen and I go next.
Give me a shout here a couple of days before you come so I can make sure I'm there , I'm gonna rip that POS Willie Wanker tranny out and might need a couple of days motivation to get it buttoned back up if it isn't done when your coming eh lol . It"s been a while alright I think it was at the "Cruisin the Dub " in Duncan last I saw you or else the Parksville show that year , the 3.23's are like holeshoting a dump truck but once your moving if you've got the power to pull with em they're a lot of fun

I'm pretty sure I've got a Wanker tranny in my Barracuda as well. At least it's got a sticker that has his company name on it. And I ran a 3.23 peg leg with a 318 a couple years back and even with the 318 had fun with it.

-
Back