70 Dart Custom

-
Something about getting her in to primer that makes the long road seem like there is an end. That is going to be one sweet 70DartMike.

Grant

No Kidding!!! I'll be jumping for joy come spring,as my Dart will get blasted via chrisf a member here. Heck I'll be super happy to get to that stage.

Looks like ppg K36? I'm probably wrong as most primers are grey,lol!

Sorry guys, I was mistaken last time I posted. The car was just in sealer. Here's a couple pics of it in primer. Next stage is paint. 'Apparently' I'm the first person in Canada to order/have a car sprayed in F8 green in waterbased paint.
It is super straight now.

9A295D7F-9906-4305-9924-55CAD80544CD.jpg

4A0071A3-7B96-4AA0-A88C-F710B4427AF0.jpg

3876F7E1-0FA0-4511-9CA9-7C368D823216.jpg

A2772FA7-303B-4C12-AF8E-B325E512B21C.jpg

B26E2FBB-BF1F-43C6-9AD4-4B6074341FB7.jpg

And here's a couple updated pics of the 340.

11A459E1-5340-41DC-9786-D05D6A767C20.jpg

5E53C9AB-077C-4F6A-AE74-4F9724F6ECFE.jpg

'Apparently' I'm the first person in Canada to order/have a car sprayed in F8 green in waterbased paint.

Mike...I'm in the same boat...except mine is TT1 - Medium Copper Metallic. My paint guy had to spray out 15 cards to get the water-bourne paint to match the original color.

In epoxy......

Attachments

• IMG_2916 (Small).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 567
Mike...I'm in the same boat...except mine is TT1 - Medium Copper Metallic. My paint guy had to spray out 15 cards to get the water-bourne paint to match the original color.

In epoxy......

I hear ya. When Paul opened the lid, the paint looked like F8 but had a blue tinge to it, but he is sure it'll come out to F8, so I'll trust him.

I hear ya. When Paul opened the lid, the paint looked like F8 but had a blue tinge to it, but he is sure it'll come out to F8, so I'll trust him.

Yeah, this new water-bourne stuff is tricky. Can't just pull a stirstick outta the can , hold it next to the car and think you're bang-on.

I guess waterbourne doesnt even look correct until cured? I've never used it. I'm sorry if you already said how much all this is costing. Would you refresh my memory please?

I guess waterbourne doesnt even look correct until cured? I've never used it. I'm sorry if you already said how much all this is costing. Would you refresh my memory please?

You mean for paint, or for it all?

Altogether I'm at about $7000 for the body/paint. I don't even want to get into what the 340 is costing me.

Well $7000 and almost in paint! I forgot what the cost's are having been out of the field for some time. I'd love to let someone else do the paint and body! Hell it's a ton of work. Reality is I'll be doing it myself...even so paint/primer material alone is probably close to $1500 from tcp global.

Another update. Engine bay, door jambs, trunk quarter extensions and weather stripping area, area under rear bumper, under hood, under trunk lid, and valences have been painted. The car should be in the paint booth this week or next to be painted completely.

Sorry for the picture quality.

mydartpainted.jpg

mydartpainted3.jpg

mydartpainted2.jpg

mydartpainted5.jpg

mydartpainted4.jpg

Ooooh yeah.. thats much better! Looking great Mike. Engine bay looks great in the pics. Can't wait to see it in the sun!

Grant

You're doing a great job Mike!
I'm a sucker for F8 green though......
Can't wait to see more.

Looks good Mike I'm surprised Lardco didn't have that paint ,I know Willie wanker did 2 cars that colour before mine. 1 a GTX and the other a Duster , the guy with the GTX built the building for his paint shop and works for the same company as me now . I know that Crack head Shawn who did all of the paint and body only shoots base / clear so they should have had it on file .

Paul called on Friday and said the car was painted and ready to pick up on Saturday morning. So I went over and checked it out, it looks great! I'm really excited about it. Saturday morning was sunny, so when we pushed it out of the shop to load it on the flatbed, it was really gleaming in the sun. Definitely secured my decision about color choice.

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

He also welded in the frame connectors I bought from US Car Tool.

032.jpg

And in the past couple days, my girlfriend and I have been doing the upholstry ourselves, doing the rear seat back, and the front seat backs.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

-
Back