70 dart R/T???

-
His room mate has posted and has (basically) said this guy doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground. Maybe he really thought it was what he said cause he just didn't know any better

And maybe a UFO will land in my front yard, Danica Patrick and Cameron Diaz will hop out and make me the filling in a Sedan Sammich

Well now he knows. And nowing is half the battle. LOL Well a mistake is a mistake. If he made one that is cool. But it yould be nice if he came on and said it.

Sounds to me like a kid just wanting attention. A neighbor kid near me was like that growing up. Allways had a big tale to tell you. 99+% was lies.

This is the first time I have seen this thread. Three things tipped me off right away. First, no A Body would have been an F series prototype, second, I don't think a car would ever have the code for duals without tips (N41) AND the code for chrome tips (N42), and third, the order number should be all numbers. There should not be an "M" in it. Not even a nice try.

all in all funny as **** its go to show the web is bull sh and this person gave us all a bit of a ride thankz buddy hope you had fun freakoo:bootysha: :happy10:

This is the first time I have seen this thread. Three things tipped me off right away. First, no A Body would have been an F series prototype, second, I don't think a car would ever have the code for duals without tips (N41) AND the code for chrome tips (N42), and third, the order number should be all numbers. There should not be an "M" in it. Not even a nice try.

Guess you've never seen a car with the California noise abatement package on it huh? Ever seen a V code Six Pack Challenger without tips? Or a Cuda? Yep, the environazis were at work even way back then. Republik of Kalifornia cars didn't have tips. Just turn downs to help cut noise.

And yeah, I've seen order numbers with Alpha characters in them. None with an "M" though

For what it's worth N41 and N42 are legit codes on the same car. :-D

Hey guys. Glad I could clear that up. I have a few things to show you right now to show where he got part of the ideas. I collect pics of fender tags for refrence. I have somewhere a pic of a tag that says "PROTOTYPE" on it. I am sure most of you have seen this ad,
70RunnerAd-1.jpg

My friend happens to own the real ad car. I was there when he picked it up, I helped do the dissasembly and have done mony other things on the car. Galen has seen the tag and says he is sure its the same car.
adcartag.jpg

If any of you go over to dodgecharger.com and look me up you will see that I work with a few high dollar cars often. I look for allot of cars and find allot of cars. I am 25 years old and befor I was 19 I owned two true HEMI cars that I pulled out of feilds.
Here is my cardomain link so you can see some of the awesome cars I get to play with. http://www.cardomain.com/id/C_stripes4ever. There is one that is all like a cars in barns area that I will open up for a few days. So if you want to look. Please do so and you are welcome to save any of the pics you want and use them for any none proffet things you want. Plan on spending some time. On the daytona alone there are 200+ pics plus 5 short videos. I hope you enjoy.

Jeremy

Jeremy I'm not doubting you but if I read your post right you said you helped your buddy do the dis-assembly of the Road Runner, which was produced in 1970, and your only 25 yrs. old? I'm not great at math but that don't seem to add up right to me.:read2:

No 70 R/T Dart......Those ding-a-lings i sent to get that thing have sent me the wrong damn car.........I've got to get em stopped or they will have every damn buffalo in Montana killed looking for some more of that dang fender.....That idea of kicking someone in the balls was a great idea........now.. let's...see....where did i put that big *** boot.....Boy , he sure had me sucked in on this one......Too bad it's over.

Guess you've never seen a car with the California noise abatement package on it huh? Ever seen a V code Six Pack Challenger without tips? Or a Cuda? Yep, the environazis were at work even way back then. Republik of Kalifornia cars didn't have tips. Just turn downs to help cut noise.

And yeah, I've seen order numbers with Alpha characters in them. None with an "M" though
Are you saying those cars would have both codes and the tips would be in the trunk or something? I have never seen a car with both codes. Of course, that doesn't mean there were none. Yes, there are cars with alpha numbers but no A Bodies with an "M". As far as I know the only cars with an "M" in the VON were AAR Cudas.

Here is the fender tag of a 340 duster that we are selling. Has N41 and N42. If you look at my cardomain garage you will see the car. Also has a great build date.
2991909_1_full.jpg

Jeremy

Jeremy I'm not doubting you but if I read your post right you said you helped your buddy do the dis-assembly of the Road Runner, which was produced in 1970, and your only 25 yrs. old? I'm not great at math but that don't seem to add up right to me.:read2:

I don't really understand how you could miss understand that, but. My friend found the car in AZ a few years back. I want to say 03. He bought the car and I helped disassemble the car for resto. The car is not done yet. If you look at the link I posted earlyer. You can see more pics of the car. Here is the link directly to that page as well as the HEMI runner I found in 02. I hope that clears it up. Go look at the links. I have taken 99.9% of the pics there(all pages). I don't bullshit about this stuff. Also, Disassembly=take appart. Why would they take it apart in 70? And it was built in June-July of 69. We know that due to dates found in tear down.
Jeremy

I was always curious where dodge installed the chick magnet on there buffalo rt cars, this pic clearly shows it!

untitled.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
You've got to admit. This has been fuuuuuun. Thanks who ever you were on the 70 Dart R/T. You have definatly been a major fun contributor to this site. We've covered everything from kicking someone in the balls to eradicating the Montana buffalo herd. Say what you will but that is covering some ground and having fun doing it. I'll post the #s on the 70 Dart R/T i ended up with soon. Hell, there maybe two?
Small Block

No, I'm not saying a kalifornia car would have had N41 and N42 and had the tips in the trunk. They would have had N41 and no tips.....
Ever seen a Challenger R/T or a "Cuda" that didn't have tips and had the same rear valance as a /6 car with turn downs? I know someone with such a car. Was built 6 days before mine in the same plant. When he restored it and took it to the Nats (this was late 80s or very early 90s) the "expert" judges tagged him for not having the tips. But it didn't come with them. It was coded that way.

"MY" car on the other hand, wasn't a Kalifornia car. So here ya go. Another tag from a car you've never seen those codes on

I think somebody has the N412 and N42 codes confused....
The N41 code is for dual exhaust which was standard on 340s.
The N42 code is for the optional chrome tips. Cars shipped to Carbafornia could not get the tips as they needed the turndowns as part of the
N97 Noise Reduction Package.
If I remember correctly, about the only cars that had chrome tips as standard equipment were the 67 GTX and the T/A and AAR cars.

P2072516.jpg

Hey guys. Glad I could clear that up. I have a few things to show you right now to show where he got part of the ideas. I collect pics of fender tags for refrence. I have somewhere a pic of a tag that says "PROTOTYPE" on it. I am sure most of you have seen this ad,
My friend happens to own the real ad car. I was there when he picked it up, I helped do the dissasembly and have done mony other things on the car. Galen has seen the tag and says he is sure its the same car.
Jeremy

Well Jeremy I see nowhere in this post where you said it was pickup in 03 then disassembled. You just said your friend owns the real thing and you helped disassemble it leading me to believe he bought it new and with the ad promotion still installed and that's what I thought you meant you helped disassemble. Sorry if I misunderstood you. But that's where the confusion came in. I respectfully asked you to clarify it. I didn't call you a liar so there was no need to come back so smart pants. Hopefully there won't be any next time but if I do don't think I'm calling you a liar unless I actually do. I was just asking for clarification (as I stated). As you know this thread started off full of bull so I don't think asking for clarification was asking too much.

Are you saying those cars would have both codes and the tips would be in the trunk or something? I have never seen a car with both codes. Of course, that doesn't mean there were none. Yes, there are cars with alpha numbers but no A Bodies with an "M". As far as I know the only cars with an "M" in the VON were AAR Cudas.

If I remember correctly, about the only cars that had chrome tips as standard equipment were the 67 GTX and the T/A and AAR cars.

Why could an A Body not have been an F series prototype?

Numerous examples of N41 and N42 exist. Coding depends on year and applications.

M is a legitimate 70 VON letter and A bodies with an M VON code exist.

Numerous models came with Chome tips standard such as Super Bees and Coronet R/Ts

I've stayed out of this thread for a while but was was intriguing about the first post is the information supposedly on the tag. There is nothing that was posted that makes the tag info suspect or indicates by the data posted the car is not legitimate. The one thing that is interesting is it is supposedly a 383-4speed A/C car.

IF a car like this WAS built, all of the codes listed by the OP are codes you would expect or could find on the car described.

Thank you. I didn't remember the exact code (N97) and I was to lazy to go look for my book:-D

Well Jeremy I see nowhere in this post where you said it was pickup in 03 then disassembled. You just said your friend owns the real thing and you helped disassemble it leading me to believe he bought it new and with the ad promotion still installed and that's what I thought you meant you helped disassemble. Sorry if I misunderstood you. But that's where the confusion came in. I respectfully asked you to clarify it. I didn't call you a liar so there was no need to come back so smart pants. Hopefully there won't be any next time but if I do don't think I'm calling you a liar unless I actually do. I was just asking for clarification (as I stated). As you know this thread started off full of bull so I don't think asking for clarification was asking too much.

It was not meant to be rude. Reading back on it, I can see how it could be taken that way. Sorry.

Jeremy

Also. If your referring to the bird as the promotion parts. We believe that it was air brushed on. There is no place really that could have supported that unless it was styrofoam. But then we don't think it could have supported itself.

-
Back