71 Dart Transformation

-
How did your car do in Bowling Green? I wasn't able to make it but I saw a few pics of your car there.

We changed the rear gear and torque converter and picked up a vibration. We ran the car for the Grudge Race tv show and didn't get any time slips. The car I raced was the nova that won True Street and he ran a 7.85, 7.86, 7.86 in True Street. The only time we had a good run and didn't spin we had a car length and the move and he didn't catch me and said it only closed a half car length over the 1/8 mile race we were doing.

I watched all your runs this past weekend at Beech bend. Very impressive.

Update:
We put precision 7675mm turbos on the car, billet rods, better pistons, copper head gaskets. We went to Radialfest in Hunstsville Alabama and went 4.97@ 146 weighed 3325#.

Actually the way a turbo car back halfs it should be alot quicker than that.
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 3325 pounds and HP of 1600 is 7.43 seconds and MPH of 181.81 MPH

I have not visited this thread in a looooong time. Speed and beauty....got it all!!

007-gear-vendors-overdrive-midnight-drags-2018-best-trailer-park-1971-dodge-dart-interior.jpg
008-gear-vendors-overdrive-midnight-drags-2018-best-trailer-park-1971-dodge-dart.jpg
069.JPG

For as fast as this car is you really killed it with the interior. Mine is like the waaay slower version of your car. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Took the car to Bowling green a couple of weeks ago to run the Street Car Takeover, I was down to the final 4 and red lit like a rookie. I was the fastest of the 4 so it was a painful mistake. We softened the tune to get the car to hook and I ran out of intercooler on the big end and had to lift early at 7.1 seconds, but went a 7.85 @169.

Man, this thing is fast and beautiful. Looks like we built almost the same car. Are you still using your original build specs? Stock block?
Better pistons and rods, switched to precision 7675 turbos, and the block is the R3 RESTO block that mopar built. Everything else is the same.

-
Back