71 dodge charger project

-
plans.jpg

heres an idie of what it will look like

dude! your gf looks great in every pic you've posted of her! well, the only other ones i remember are where you found that abandoned duster. but hey. good job on the charger it looks awesome!

This is a great thread!

BTW concerning the picture of the GF standing next to that '71 Duster, are any of the parts from that car available?

I have a 1971 Duster that has that exact same interior that could use some of those parts...

PM me if there are any details...BTW I'm in VA. not that far from King, so pickup of any parts is possible...

Thanks and keep it comin'.!

looks like i got my work cut out for me,but its nothing i cant handle.All these dents/rusty areas will one by one fade away.All the rust will be welded up with new metal.Theres not to much rust through on this car,so my job will be easier.The right rear quarterpanel has the most signifigant damage,but with some hammer and dolly time,it will straighten right out.

76 caprice 013.jpg

76 caprice 014.jpg

76 caprice 015.jpg

76 caprice 016.jpg

76 caprice 017.jpg

76 caprice 018.jpg

my baby :)
i miss her
i no shes in good hands tho.
cant wait to see her all shiny and what not.
the paint came in today :)

Ive been stripping the charger of its chrome trim and lights today.I also spent quite a while on the right rear quarter panel.Ive been beating on it for hours with the hammer and dolly.Now im into the putty work on it.I plan to have some primer on the quarter panel tomarrow evening.I will also have some pics of the progress tomarrow

cool toby im out of town right now so i rarley get to check on on cant wait to see some pics should be back in town this weekend.

Ive been so busy with kids,birthdays,and getting them ready for school(i got 4 kids,lol)I havent had much extra time to do much.Ive been working on the right quarter panel,and its almost ready for primer.Soon as i shoot the primer on,ill have some pics up for yall.

Pics or no pics yet, thats a really nice looking car you have there moparkid.
I can't say I've ever really paid attention to that style charger, but I like yours a lot.
Its a project like this that will make you notice a style of car for the first time.

I really do like the rendering that you posted of the car, I think its going to look really awesome when its done!

My favorite design feature (even though they could be a pain in the ***) was the hidden headlights. Cool touch for a Mopar.

im hoping to have it back bye november so i can drive it to Ga on my b day
and go lady hunting hahaha

-
Back