71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
getting all the little stuff done...got the newer autometer gauges installed today.....killed an oil pressure gauge by dropping it...cracked the glass in it....oh well...it was old but worked...LOL

hope those headers show up this week...they are coming out of SoCal.....

1st race is Feb 15.......

Well...1st...Merry Christmas to all and all...

Decided to order a new set of w2 headers for this Duster from TTi as I did not want to use the large tube ones i had...going with the 1 3/4 stepped header....I looked at the interflange adapter...and from Hedman..it looks like they are undersized and would need to be grounded to match exhaust ports...

so I seached the interne looking at places that sold TTi headers...found a place in Southern Cal..that had the best price...I was going to buy an uncoated set and just paint them...well..this place had the ceramic coated for 30 bucks more...and the polish ceramic for 36 dollars more which is about 50 buck less then the TTi website shows...

figuring...with uncoated headers...a couple cans of brake cleaner to clean them...and a couple cans of header paint...i would be about 20 bucks into them...so getting the polished cermanic for 36 bucks more seem like a go...

placed order...on Friday...get email today saying that those headers would not be shipped until the end of January to 1st week in Feb.....I said holy bat ****...I thought the web site said they were in stock...replied to email...they said the unpolished ones were in stock...Hey...can we change that order to the unpolished???...and you can keep the 6 bucks difference in price...LOL

He said no problem..but the TTi is closed until Jan 2...can not get them ordered and shipped till then...but is alot better then the end of the month...

Anyway..got a few thing to do on car ...need to get valves adjusted as the rockers/stands have been backed off...need to get oil in pan...tranny fluid in tranny...driveshaft installed...wire up the trans brake button...

plus gotta get rear gears changed out...4.30 with 29.5 tire is not enough...

my dads hauling down some more of my "crap" from up north.... think part of that is a complete 4.56/spool/ set up for 8.75 if you're interested. I'll have to check to be sure, I know we sold one of them and I'm thinking those were the 4.30's.

jay

Well...RMS upper control arms are now ordered...and the Strange Front brakes now ordered....

I guess I need to get started and yank all the old KH crap off the car.....Brakes wont ship until after the 1st of the year it says on Jegs website...

Adjust valves today...had to tighten down the shafts/stands first...had a couple of adjusters that were binding some...replaced them...always gotta have spares...

put about 6 qts of 10w-30 oil in the motor..plus a pint of Hughes Extreme Pressure Lube for those flat tappet lobes...lol..

need to get the large gasket that is used on the 90 degree oil adapter off the engine...used some rtv on it..and wow...it is on there...I have a Canton billet oil adapter i want to use along with a shorty filter...

Plus finally got trailer brakes all done...and found my problem with the controller...dam ground wire was flakey under the dash..

What brake controller are you running? Just curious, you must have an older truck that had to be scratch wired for brakes if you had to ground the wire under the dash. 99 and on, 90 percent of trucks with factory tow packages have plug in harnesses under the dash which make it a lot easier. Can be a real pain chasing grounds if you get into brake issues.

the 94 does not have a tow package from dealer...the controller was already in the truck went I got it..
trying to remember the brand name...LOL

for the cost of a few bucks worth of wire...i can run the wire directly back to the battery...

looks like it is working work...two trailers now have new 4 wheel electric brakes...

Nice! Well hopefully you will have good luck with them. It never fails seems like the brakes always give you issues when you need them the most.

Nice! Well hopefully you will have good luck with them. It never fails seems like the brakes always give you issues when you need them the most.

yeah..we were on our way back from Bakersfield ...noticed going down Mountain Pass toward Nevada state line..that the brake controller was not showing any trailer brakes..

Valves adjusted....oil filter adapter changed out....

Took the old KH disc of the front today...waiting on brakes and Upper Control Arms...and waiting on headers.....

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 399
Wired in Transbrake today...connected it to MSD 3 step also...put 3000 rpm chip for starting line....now need Diode for wiring to connect solenoid for front brakes...

Well...gotta bunch of tracking numbers but no parts...

UCA will be here on Wednesday Jan 8.....Strange Front Brakes will be here on Monday Jan 6....

and no shipping Info on the TTi headers..as of yet.....

giving me some time do some rearranging in garage....

Going after some new stuff on Friday.....

Well....Got email from vendor that i bought tti header from....they had nothing coated....said they had a set of chrome..only thing available for w2 1 3/4 stepped header...oh well..ship them...

got another email a few minutes later...that TTi found a set of coated headers...and were shipping them....thank youl.............

so headers should be here monday or tuesday......brakes will be here on monday....upper control arms will be here on wednesday...

Going to be a busy next week....and this thing should be running by Friday....

Besides....i got my xmas present to pick up tomorrow in phoenix...gotta be able to get them in garage so cars need to be mobile to get out of the way...lol

Greg Smith Equipment...

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/

I checked around Vegas....they want about 500 bucks more for the 4 post here in town alone......I figured a 100 bucks worth of gas to phoenix and back...plus I got all the time in the world...lol

Your going to love that... :)

Loved more after getting home with both of them....600 miles..burned about 120 bucks worth gas...

I got to the store..and I had call on Tuesday to check stock...the guys say no problem ..got plenty of both...get there today...and they sold all the 2 post that I had wanted that morning....

The guy says he can upgrade me to the next bigger better 2 post for 100 bucks more...he dropped the price a 100 bucks also...and then they drop the price on the 4 post 50 bucks...

then the best...Arizona...does not charge sales taxes if you are out of state and taking the product back out of state...fill out a form and sign on dotted line...bingo...saves 360.00 bucks....

and then...and then...along comes Jones...LOL

my TTi headers are on the front porch....thank you Chrysler Power and TTi...

Those lifts are nice! Been checking them out. I'm gunna call and get a rock solid shipping price. Looking at the 2 post. Thanks for the link!

I dont care much for the 4 post... So we have
2 Rotory 2 post 14,000 lbs
1 Mohawk 2 post 50,000 lbs
1 Mohawk 4 post 85,000 lbs

:)

Hate it went you have to work on the daily drivers....Put water pump on GF 95 Dakota...just done just in time for the 49er game....

and now gotta put Front disc and rotors.. on my 99 Dodge...probably Tuesday....going to put headers on Duster on Monday.....

awh retired life....got out of bed at 10 am....

on the front porch..the UPS man had left a box from Strange Engineering....Front disc brakes for the Duster.

got the Headers on....Dam tti headers almost fall into place....they are the easiest headers i have ever put on a car...,,well....got the starter on...got the trans linkage adjusted and on... neutral safety switch
connected...need to terminate wire onto transbrake...did not have the correct fitting ....

took intermediate shaft out....hooked up an old oil pressure gauge...turned oil pump with speed wrench...got 50 psi on gauge...

Going to tie up some loose ends tomorrow...also assembly the strange front hubs....getting new wheels studs screwed in...gotta pack wheel bearings..

wednesday upper control arms get here...and poof....this car should be done in a few days.....

ah ****...gotta get some new front tires now...changing from 4 to 4.5 bolt circle...I know i got a set of centerlines for the front...see what else we got...lol

-
Back