71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Tony,good solid consistent pass.How did it feel to you? Numbers look right.

Only thing I notice...is the engine does not rpm as fast as the other cars...LOL...

Car goes straight as an arrow....

Daughter ran Duster in afternoon test n tune....ran 11.77...as best...

Bracket race....wind turned into head wind....dials 11.88...runs 11.847...but both had .074 lights...so..she was excited that she was competitive....

do it again in morning.....

another hot day..........

well...which way is the wind blowing today...

Duster ran a 11.77...

dials a 11.82....runs a 11.80.....break out...she had to leave for work anyway...

anyway....her reaction times are getting better and better.... had a .060 and .040 in time trials...dont know about 1st round..but she got there 1st ... ...!st round light was a .050

going to try to get car converted over to E85 ...next race is end of month...and look at a different shift light...

Sounds like a good weekend Tony. Your bringing it home in one piece now and she's getting some seat time. I think it's coming together pretty quick. Nice job, both of you. :thumleft:

Freight Guy Jose...woke me up at 10 am...was not suppose to be here unit 1 pm....

Next race is not until June 29...so got a few days to get this installed...a few extra pounds...

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 536
Worked a couple of hours this morning in the garage before it got too dam hot..

Got the old hood off....

Removed the two hood bumpers up front for the hood pins to be installed there...and got the passenger side hood hinge removed....what a PIA....gave up on the driver side...

my harbor freight pry bar is doing pretty good so far...

Ordered parts from Jegs...on friday to convert the 750 dp from gas to E85....should be interesting .....new metering blocks..accelerator pump diaphrams...squirters and hollow screw, stainless needle and seats...power valve....and now i remember I forgot to order air bleeds....dam it.

ok..back to the grind...

parts came in today for converting this holley 750 dp with proform body to E85....will have some pictures tomorrow...

and i gotta get that last hood hinge off without taking the fender off....pry bar...

parts .......

360 with gas carb...

360 with E85 carb....

set the floats...and it fired right up....had the idle screws at 1 1/2 turns out on all 4 corners...pretty rich...screwed in both primary and secondary screws on driver side...engine still ran...screwed in secondary idle screw on passenger side...it died....whew...glad it died....LOL

ended up with all 4 corners about 3/4 turn out....

instructions with the QFT metering blocks suggested increasing jets 8-10 jet sizes from the gasoline size....had 73-81 gas....pretty sure i went a little rich with 84-92.....got a case of CRS this morning...

I used those jets based on what i have in the QFT 950 E85 carb.....which has 86/94 in it....Have to get the LM-1 hooked up to it and see what i get

Attachments

• IMG_0844.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 489
Saturday..tomorrow..i will finish getting that fiberglass hood mounted...the front hood pin holes are located by not drilled...had to get a few small things for the back mounts...got them..

and i got to finish cutting out the scoop opening...

The hood fits the car pretty dam good....suppose to be the worst place to buy fiberglass from...now have gotten two hoods...and several bumpers...

keep following the sheep...............

6 pac hood pinned on...need to some final adjustments....got too dam hot...so i quit for the day..

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 472
oh...i need to get that PLYMOUTH emblem off the old hood and put it on this one...

PLYMOUTH makes it move............

Gaps and quality look good,on that hood.

Yeah...but too bad that hood is from the lousiest fiberglass company in the world....as i said..that is my second hood from them...got one on my demon..plus several bumpers

Must be unlimited...

I know that the one Kyle got from them a few years ago was pretty nice. Not like most of the complaints I hear from time to time.

guess i missed where you got hood from.
if ya don't mine me asking where it came from, looks good on the car.

Must be unlimited...

I know that the one Kyle got from them a few years ago was pretty nice. Not like most of the complaints I hear from time to time.

There rear bumper for a Duster/Demon sucked...Bought it for my 71 Demon...and returned it.

Bumpers for 71 Dart were pretty nice...also have their front bumper on Demon...

The bumpers I just got from AAR Fiberglass..which got bought out....fit the Duster nice...but their finished is not very good...look like they glued the ends on after they came out of the mold...

guess i missed where you got hood from.
if ya don't mine me asking where it came from, looks good on the car.

Unlimited Fiberglass....

my only complaint...the scoop has to be cut open ...and i dont cut straight...lol

Thanks,been thinking of going to them. Friend got bunch of blems from him cheap for a 69 camaro.He was going to hook me up if i brought him my stuff for molds as makes nothing for 65 dart.drove over to his warehouse and he changed his mind.oh well....

Finally finished the spare trans...but...forgot to put one of the thrust washers in...the one that goes between the rear cluch pac and drive train...the one about the size of a quarter...LOL...practice...

plus i am out of the little washers that go on the pump bolts...lol

it happens...sh...

Finally finished the spare trans...but...forgot to put one of the thrust washers in...the one that goes between the rear cluch pac and drive train...the one about the size of a quarter...LOL...practice...

plus i am out of the little washers that go on the pump bolts...lol

it happens...sh...

Easy fix. So easy you can take out the pump and have that washer installed in less than 10 minutes! Well 10 minutes is me, you probably 5 cause you done so many!

I have those depending on which one yours is. Is it Fiber or Metal? I had a hard time finding the Fiber one, had to buy a whole pack of thrust washers to get it. Do you know of anyone that sells them separate?

-
Back