71 Duster 360 (new project)

-
Wow,sounds like a busy weekend.We all know you,ll get them fixed up right for your next outing.

Any mention on the tethers when going through tech?

I was at Barona with some friends. My buddy Jerry's 64 Chevy Nova Fender well headers with bolt on collectors and small mufflers right under midway of the doors they exit. These are all BOLTED to the floor. Collectors are also BOLTED….. They told him next time the car comes out it better have tethers or he will NOT be allowed to run.

So much for the Full Exhaust bolted to the car….. Thethers sill needed. Now that is a total crock of shitttt if I ever heard it! Jerry told the guy he is NOT going to put them on and is bringing the rule book addendum with him on the next trip.
:finga: them he says!

Both kids took the car to tech....they never look under the car...in fact...since the car has tech stickers on front window from last year..they did not look at anything.

Dart ran good all weekend...Sunday with warm temps in 80s....she went 10.65 and 10.60.....again wind blowing...then it changed to a crosswind....but did not matter...she hit the big red eye in round 1...

and.....

this morning for the hell of it...it hit the fuel pump switch...and i get the GRRR...noise..and fuel pressure jumps right up there on the demon....thinking maybe some preservative oil might have gummed it up ...and low in behold that thing works....

now on 71 Duster look like it ate the converter....I turned the input shaft on the 904 this morning and the output shaft turns with it...and like i said..you can see the pump twangs on the pump still...

Besides...looks like I might have a job this summer...got a phone call this morning...feels good to be wanted...LOL

Like you said before…… Gotta go to work to get a vacation. You my friend get some **** done! Damn…... is all I have to say about that!!

Good luck with the "FIAT" Duster!!!

Nice seeing you and being at the track this weekend. I took a night off, but will pull my trans today and see if I can find out why we're losing fluid out the rear vent.

No Dought..... Where do you find the energy!!!!!!!!!!!

I am driven...LOL.....

I am retired or at least unemployed for now...so I have plenty of time....

Actually pretty worn out this week...Finally picked up a new starter yesterday, might go put it on this afternoon....after I change my clothes....all dressed up for a job interview at 11: 00 am.....

Gotta get the starter on....driver side headers,,,and finish tapping the case for the pass through connector for the transbrake... and need to go get the new 8 3/4 3rd member.....

and the dissemble that 904 to see if anything broke or is it the converter...hope something in the trans broke...cheaper then a converter.

Something is fishy with this trans and starter....same trans and starter that were installed together ...having problems aligning and being flush....get new starter and same ****...alignment and being flush...

1st time I ever tried putting a starter on standing up...LOL.....

got the transbrake all wired up again...starter and driver side headers holding up the show....

picking up the 4.56 3rd member in morning.....

Something is fishy with this trans and starter....same trans and starter that were installed together ...having problems aligning and being flush....get new starter and same ****...alignment and being flush...

1st time I ever tried putting a starter on standing up...LOL.....

got the transbrake all wired up again...starter and driver side headers holding up the show....

picking up the 4.56 3rd member in morning.....

Yes that is weird…...Did you twist the bell housing? Seems if you did it would be cracked somewhere.

trans bolts straight up to the engine....it is like the bottom bolt is off a blonde c hair.....

and i thought there was something wrong with the other starter...and this one is doing the same...so it is not the starter...

I will work on it someone tomorrow.....maybe I was holding my mouth the wrong way......lol

trans bolts straight up to the engine....it is like the bottom bolt is off a blonde c hair.....

and i thought there was something wrong with the other starter...and this one is doing the same...so it is not the starter...

I will work on it someone tomorrow.....maybe I was holding my mouth the wrong way......lol

Head crooked tongue hanging out….. That starter don't fcknnn look right! Lol

picked up the 4.56 3rd member this morning..

...Duster should 60 ft alot better now...back with 2.74 1st gear trans and 4.56 rear...

Put it all together on Monday.....

find an old office chair to sit on while you work when the car is on the hoist. I have one at work I use and it's the s##t!! Put my "headlamp" on, lean back.... and work away!! trying to save anytime I can off my feet since I seem to be in this gig for the long haul....

find an old office chair to sit on while you work when the car is on the hoist. I have one at work I use and it's the s##t!! Put my "headlamp" on, lean back.... and work away!! trying to save anytime I can off my feet since I seem to be in this gig for the long haul....
url

you know..I installed that 2 bolt lift...and I am just a little jumpy....for now...LOL..

I used to work in a gas station went I was a young man..which was only a year or two ago....

and I know how to put the arms under the car....so...just watching and listening...actually the first time the car went up the safety locks were make a large clang noise...and I jumped...lol

i got a chair to sit on..lol

Ok..starter went in....got driver side headers done...transmission linkage is hook up...

so simple went you are laying on your back...LOL

dropped distributor in...eye ball the timing....hooked the plug wires...

tomorrow...8 3/4 gets swapped out...drive shaft back in...add tranny fluid and water in engine...start the dam thing up...

Gotta get several things done this week ....as I will be out of town all next week....attending a class in some cold *** state...

Looks Iike I fooled someone into hiring me for the summer....

Get a job close to home.... Go to Ahern... Tell them I sent you....lol

Dont think Ahern will pay me anywhere close to what to what this company pays...lol

Beside...Ahern will probably want me to work...lol

Wow...got that 4.56 3rd member in......the old one did not want to come out...lol

did not get a chance to start engine...but gotta other things to do......so maybe tomorrow...need to make sure everything works in trans...

Engine fired this morning...all the gears work in the trans...

transbrake does what it is suppose to do...at least in the garage on the jackstands....LOL

2 weeks to D day again

Well...leaving on jet plane sunday morning dam thing departs at 7 30 am vegas time...gotta get up early....

going to a certification class for new job...be gone for a week...going to where it is fricking cold...LOL

Plane leave frozen tundra sunday afternoon....back to warm vegas....Class went good..passed test...

Hope to race next weekend.....

Dont know went job starts ...road construction depends on weather....

-
Back