727 pricing help

-

Americanstandard

Reaction score
I know theres a lot of factors in pricing anything which comes down to application, and quality.

For a rough idea of what im looking to spend on a 727, bay area price wise, what could a core or rebuilt 727 cost me? Found one for 750 and a new one would cost around 1600 if ordered. Suggestions on what a workable core would cost or how much a rebuilt should cost without figuring labor and profit? A junkyards transmission, if I can find one, is about 200/300. If I can find one and slap on a rebuild for much cheaper, then I might want to go that route.
Thank you in advance

I see them on Craigslist for $100 and sometimes less.
As far as a rebuild, it varies so much it's hard to say.

small block or big block and I have either one,I can sale rebuild for 700.00 with out the converter.

Go to picknpull.com, tons of results on their page for dodge trucks, any of the older ones could have a 727.

Pick-n-Pull - Richmond
1015 Market Avenue
Richmond, CA 94806 US

Prices for transmission are $99 with a $30 core charge.

What engine and year? They made 727's for all engines - slant to RB. The year matters too. 67- had a smaller converter snout and needs a ring to fit a 68+ engine. Going the other way is very hard. That is for slants and small blocks. Don't recall about big blocks. Later ones might have features like lock-up torque converter or overdrive.

$100 seems to be the going price for a used tranny w/ torque converter. I got a 727 small block w/ cable shift for exactly that. One might think rare, but I saw the same type on craigslist a few months earlier for (you guessed it) $100. I recently got a full rebuild kit (clutches and steels) for two of my cable-shift trannys for $35 ea on ebay. Can't beat that. In sum, shop around.

-
Back