727 SB Question

-

formula_s

Reaction score
I may have a buyer for a 727 that does not have the 2 holes on the tailshaft for a floor shifter. is there any way to use it as is for a floor shifted car or does the tailshaft need to be changed?

I take it it also doesn't have the bosses on it ?

If you mean the 2 holes on it , no they're not there.

You can swap the tailshaft housing. I dont think the boss is there if not set up for floor shift. Its not as simple as drilling the holes out.

Last edited:
Im sure everyone knows youre referring to the tailstock.... super easy swap.... Tailshaft is fine, and doesnt need to change.

Many many cars started as column shift automatics, and now have cable shifted B&m or tci or cheetah floor shifters. I wouldn't think it would deter too many buyers at all... if a buyer wants it to use otherwise, that's up to them, and hopefully they ask those questions. Kudos on being transparent about it. I personally never owned a factory floor shifted car, and wouldn't have known any better lol.

Last edited:
Anybody got a picture of one? Kind of curious as I also didn’t know this was a “thing” :)

Anybody got a picture of one? Kind of curious as I also didn’t know this was a “thing” :)

thumbnail_006.jpg

ahhhh…… I’ve seen that, and didn’t even give it a second thought. I think my 80 Mirada even had that with the floor shift.

Parts book refers to it as an Extension
The same on was used from 66-71, only difference is 727,904.

Alan

-
Back