73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
simply amazing. I love this build. I wish i had half the talent you have.

Thanks......but I don't think of it as talent just the balls to try something I either see other people have sucessfully done or just wingin' it. When I look back through the pages from the begining I've tossed aside lots of ideas and mocked up prototypes from Hoods to Exhaust tips.

Jegs has some billet hood pins with no advertising also. They are made by Metrom.
These are $99:
667-4478.jpg

and these are $79:
667-4451.jpg

Yea I saw those a while back but really liked the Hotchkis in thier stock form with the Anodize coating but since I have modified them I could have gone a different route.
If I remember those were 2.5" diameter and the Hotchkis are 3" which I like better also.

Ross....Any updates on the paint action?

Uh no.......I'm going to go Thursday after work to check it out and do a final test fit on the Radiator support cover before I finish welding it together. The 2014 Nats debut is not looking good, the engine is scheduled to go to the builder Mid-November.

I see on TV all the time.....1 week and done

Well if Overhaulin, Musclecar or Search and Restore wants the keys I'd be glad to hand it over...(not Pimp my ride)..although I dont know whats left to modify...maybe some interior stuff.

Ross....Any updates on the paint action?

I went last night to test fit the Radiator cover panel (no more Aluminum mock up) and heres the progress on the body work...getting closer. After seeing the Radiator panel next to grill/latch panel I think I need to make panels to fill the open areas for a smoother look (see arrows). As always thanks for looking and seeing what I'm up to.

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 972
  • duster 015.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 980
  • duster 012.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 970
  • duster 010.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 995
  • duster 001.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 992
  • duster 009.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 985
  • duster 005.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 975
  • duster 003.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 976
  • duster 016.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 985
I also made a nice compact mounting bracket for the push button starter control unit, the bracket off the back with the 4 holes are for the relays (yet to be installed and wired). I still have to install the MSD 6AL in the glove box and that should be all the dash wiring. The Highway 22 kit will probally go in the trunk with the extra long wiring kit since I'm planning on installing the F.A.S.T computer to the passenger kick panel.

Attachments

• duster 031.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • duster 029.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 986
  • duster 027.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 973
  • duster 022.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 974
Really, if that had a coat of primer on it, it would look tantalizingly
close to being done.

Sssswwwwweeeeettttttttt

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Wow this thing is off the hook dude

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Thanks, Just trying to pull off some different modifications you don't see on every other car... I must confess that some of my Ideas are borrowed from other Dusters, Mopars or even Brand X stuff (those guys are very creative) just tweaked a little here and there and the others are originals.

Hey! Take it easy on Ross. A week in restoration time is like 90 days......Sorta like "dog years".

Sooo...that explains it, they are MoPar weeks, no wonder mine is taking so long.
Andrew

I like the sound of that, now I can say I have been working on my car for a little over a "year" instead of close to a decade!

Well. Are we painting yet?

A week and half has gone by..............:happy1::happy1:

All I can say is lets plan on 2015 Nats debut...heres todays pics. I needed to make some templates for the front filler panels (Yellow paper) and make sure the center radiator support bracket I made was going to fit and work properly. Also decided to lay out the stripe mask template, but after discussing it with Tom (Painter) were gonna not use it, after its in primer (a couple weeks)were going to lay out an Idea I've got floating around in my head....something much more out of the box,

Attachments

• duster 033.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 737
  • duster 029.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 745
  • duster 025.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 739
  • duster 024.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 737
  • duster 017.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 758
  • duster 016.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 758
  • duster 011.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 760
  • duster 002.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 758
  • duster 001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 751
  • duster 035.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 726
Ross, I have spent two days solid reading this entire thread of your Duster build and your talent is absolutely amazing to say the least!!! This has been a true inspiration for me to get started on doing some one of a kind things to my 72 Scamp, but of course being low on money has me limited. I have subscribed to this build thread and cant wait to see the finished work of art.
Thank you for saving another piece of Mopar history from the crusher and giving a Duster completely new lease on life.
Oh yea one more thing, thank you for your service.

Ross, I have spent two days solid reading this entire thread of your Duster build and your talent is absolutely amazing to say the least!!! This has been a true inspiration for me to get started on doing some one of a kind things to my 72 Scamp, but of course being low on money has me limited. I have subscribed to this build thread and cant wait to see the finished work of art.
Thank you for saving another piece of Mopar history from the crusher and giving a Duster completely new lease on life.
Oh yea one more thing, thank you for your service.

Thank you for your kind works.

-
Back