73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Tail light install looks great.
Weeb just stared at your Duster....taking it all in. A small preview of reactions when it is complete and seen for the first time.

Thanks for getting my headers....they look shiney again

Tail light install looks great.
Weeb just stared at your Duster....taking it all in. A small preview of reactions when it is complete and seen for the first time.

Thanks for getting my headers....they look shiney again

I wish I could have been there to "chew the fat" or "brainstorm some new idea's" with you and Weeb. I figured he would like this type of build. No problem on the headers, glad you like them. I heard you didn't know that a Fiberglass hood was suppose to weigh more than a steel one....I hate thin or Race fiberglass parts as you can see or feel in this case.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 860
  • 036.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 880
I figured the hood wasn't a flimsy lite-weight....but it felt like a stocker as far as the weight of the front meaning you might try stock springs on the hinges....when the time comes I think I have a set of complete hinges w/ springs if you want to try them.

I will be coming back thru next Wed headed home from Marks....weather permitting

...when the time comes I think I have a set of complete hinges w/ springs if you want to try them.

Didn't you see the Billet Aluminum set I'm working on...? Just kidding, although I did kick around that idea a while back....but decided I have bigger things to worry about first. I'll have to see if my light weight springs will work, I might need another set. Thanks

Hi 76orangewagon!

I'm really impressive with your job at Duster. After view all 147 pages and save all of pics, my wish is seeing your car a live, rearing it and dream whit it. Congratulations!

My simple homage

Hi 76orangewagon!

I'm really impressive with your job at Duster. After view all 147 pages and save all of pics, my wish is seeing your car a live, rearing it and dream whit it. Congratulations!

My simple homage

Thanks for the kind words

Nice, I'm so glad you didn't sell.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Some days I wish I had......I'm defiantly not setting and speed records getting it together.

keep it coming

I will ........but it may take a while.

Wow this thread has inspired me so much on what to do with my '70 440 Duster. I wish I had just a bit of welding and fab skills.. Or even money... Im an active duty Marine with almost 4 years in so I make a fraction of what you do haha.. I would love to see your car in person someday brother. Stay safe where ever you end up and thank god you didnt sell this work of art man. Semper Fi

Wow this thread has inspired me so much on what to do with my '70 440 Duster. I wish I had just a bit of welding and fab skills.. Or even money... Im an active duty Marine with almost 4 years in so I make a fraction of what you do haha.. I would love to see your car in person someday brother. Stay safe where ever you end up and thank god you didnt sell this work of art man. Semper Fi

:thumblef: !

SWWEEEETTTTT its finally painted!!!!!!!!!! is it going to be at Carlisle this year?

Nope, probably won't be done ....I still might be wiring (just kidding) but it won't be at Carlisle this year and it might not be ready for the Nats either.

From a $$$$ standpoint, nobody in the Military is wealthy...and of course that's not why we do it, and if it wasn't for being a Welder and Fabricator for the Air Force I would have gone the less modified route. I don't plan on going anywhere that will be potentially Hazardous this year but you never know..stay safe as well, your more prone to bullets flying around you than I am.

Still pluggin' away on the wiring but there's light at the end of the tunnel, not a lot to show but I got the column wiring and wheel mounted that's about all that's picture worthy. The Steering wheel is a Billet Specialties piece mounted to a 16" Flaming River Tilt Column. Still working on finishing up the center console mounting.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 020.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 022.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 019.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 459
Thanks...I have lots of unique interior parts in the works that aren't ready for there Camera debut yet, that's kind of delaying the project's progress. I wish I could buy a part and just bolt it in, things might be go faster.

Looking good Ross. I like the steering wheel color combo. Goes really well with the dash.

Thanks..... I still have to install the Aluminum rivets around the perimeter of the horn button, that should add a little more contrast, the Console will have the same contrasting aluminum and black, as will the door panels.

Thanks..... I still have to install the Aluminum rivets around the perimeter of the horn button, that should add a little more contrast, the Console will have the same contrasting aluminum and black, as will the door panels.

Ross, nice progress for sure! Our phone conversation inspired me so much that I went to the hot rod shop, looked at the demon, went home and made pan seared scallops and fettuccini Alfredo ....... Lol, with Susan on IR I have very little time for the car............

Ross, nice progress for sure! Our phone conversation inspired me so much that I went to the hot rod shop, looked at the demon, went home and made pan seared scallops and fettuccini Alfredo ....... Lol, with Susan on IR I have very little time for the car............

Well at least you went out and looked at it...that's a start. I was only able to log a whopping 15 hours this week between Friday through today on assembly but did manage to get a lot more wiring done today and decided on a way to tie the battery's together that I think is a fairly sanitary install, I am using the side terminals (facing toward the front) to run the 0 Gauge cable to the starter and Ground which should help keep everything hidden as much as possible.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 394
-
Back