73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
insane proyect...... awsome!!!!

Thanks..I appreciate that.

this car has so many crazy details that i think that would blend right in. this is a world class build man. you should be very proud of what you have accomplished. I have great respect for you!:prayer:

I recently read a display board for a highly modified car and there was a line that said how many body modification it had, so I thought hmmmmm....maybe I should count mine, I started counting and got to about 60 something and quit because I guess I don't know the rules of modifications...for example, do you count every individual hole you filled in the firewall or is that just 1 modification or since I raised both inner fenders 1.5" but did them with a different width filler piece is that one mod or two ? ect... ect... but you are correct , I am proud of it overall but unfortunately I'm always thinking of things I would have done different that I think would have made it better. Thanks again for your words of encouragement.

I'm not kidding! Where is it?

Sorry John.....I thought you really were kidding, thanks Denny for taking care of that for me.

By the way I'm back in Florida where I had to turn down that job last year...and I'm kind of kicking myself in the *** for having to do that. Mid to high 70's and lots of sun and of course right on the beach.

BTW I decided to bring the majority of my receipts down and add them up.......I won't give the total but all I'll say is HOLY S**T it adds up fast when you don't have a budget.

Ahhhhhh.what the hey....you would have just spent it on rum anyways.

The Valiant grille makes it look like....a Valiant

IMO....Sharktooth all the way!

Denny shame on you cutting down Valiant grilles I kind of like them

Attachments

• DSCF0204.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 543
  • DSCF0445.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 555
I do to...... that's why I picked one up, obviously I was never going to just bolt it in in its "Factory" form, so it would be a little more "Dark" and "Sinister" when I got done with it.

did not mean it as a cut....just two different cars. With all the painstaking subtle mods Ross has done.....IMO, a Valiant grille is just too much....sometimes less is more, especially with a pristine bad-*** Sharktooth sitting on the work brench.

Perhaps if he was the first to do it...but I would add it to the " been there / been done" list of mods....and by no means, does that describe this build

His car...his call, .......however, he did ask.....and I am not real good a sugarcoating.

Initially I think it will have the Sharktooth(re-painted) due to time constraints and ease of mounting to get it together, maybe over the long Cold Ohio winter I'll have time to work on the 69' grille.

did not mean it as a cut....just two different cars. With all the painstaking subtle mods Ross has done.....IMO, a Valiant grille is just too much....sometimes less is more, especially with a pristine bad-*** Sharktooth sitting on the work brench.

Perhaps if he was the first to do it...but I would add it to the " been there / been done" list of mods....and by no means, does that describe this build

His car...his call, .......however, he did ask.....and I am not real good a sugarcoating.

I would also prefer the SHARK but way to expesive for my blood best looking grille Mopar ever had

I'd love to see what you can cook up with a valiant grille, even if you aren't going to run it over the shark tooth.

yes....but upon close inspection, I noticed the machinist (not Mark, the normal fabricator) that threads them f*cked them up (not very PC but the facts). I should have replacements late next week.

viewing picture from 2 posts above....

and you want a Valiant grille?....pleeeeeaaaase.

Don't you mean thick 3 ring binder's

You had better find a deep dark hole to hide that thing in...... If the wife finds that your gonna have some explaining to do.

My lady always knows when i spent more then i should have....... its when i come home with flowers.

viewing picture from 2 posts above....

and you want a Valiant grille?....pleeeeeaaaase.

Oh yea that reminds me I don't have a receipt from Mike Sexton for the Sharktooth grille, better add another $200 to the total...LOL

I actually like the tow hook.

If only you could rig it up to deploy by pulling back on the right hand shifter lever.

Don't laugh....it's a GOOD idea! (Hello Lokar).

I only mention this because you don't have quite enough projects to occupy you until the debut.

Of course Blue Missile would do it electrically but you have all of those extra levers......

I actually like the tow hook.

If only you could rig it up to deploy by pulling back on the right hand shifter lever.

Don't laugh....it's a GOOD idea! (Hello Lokar).

I only mention this because you don't have quite enough projects to occupy you until the debut.

Of course Blue Missile would do it electrically but you have all of those extra levers......

I had thought about pneumatically operating it while designing the mounting brackets but realized that when parked I must keep it retracted or people will be knocking there shins on it so why bother.

By the way..... that's a "No" on the right hand lever operation. It's reminds me of a old Little Rascals episode where they were in a wooden car going down the road and they kept pulling a lever and a punching bag would extend out and punch people in the face.

-
Back