73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross, I've been watching this rebuild since you started & all I can say is wow. It has given me the inspiration to not give up on my Duster even tho she was in a major accident. Keep up all the excellent work & hope one day I can see her in person all finished up. Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna steal a few ideas for when I start to rebuild my Duster.

Steal away, thats why I try to usually post all the progress pics so others can use them. Thanks for the compliments

BTW...Happy Birthday

since your place...actually Daves' place.... is about halfway in the middle for most of us....we're coming over to "help" you more often

better warn the tree trimmin place to hide the cones

I'll get the details...but it is the same silver used in new..09/10 Dodge Ram pick-ups

man ...what a fast reply

you know me...I like using "off the shelf" stuff

BTW...Happy Birthday

since your place...actually Daves' place.... is about halfway in the middle for most of us....we're coming over to "help" you more often

better warn the tree trimmin place to hide the cones

You gonna wait till I get all my mod's done, before you come "Help" ?
I'm half way there......moving inside now...

Remember Lunch at Papa Don's is on me again..

The streets are clear of tree trimmers for Mark.

say the word...and Mark says we'll "mount up"

Mark was also wantin to know if those sheep are still in the pen next door?

Denny,
The Chrome steering column is out and for sale in the "interior Parts for sale" section.....I'm gonna go with your suggestion, kind of.... but with a twist.
Selling the column should make Mark happy, I know he isn't a big fan of the shifter up there.

Attachments

• duster 011.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,008
  • duster 013.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 993
Happy birthday to you! Whoa, I almost started to sing there. You don't want to hear that Your ears would be ringing for months. When you say "With a twist", I start drooling. Every thing you've done on this car has a Twist to it. Maybe a good name for it. " With a Twist."
Enjoy the pizza, then back to work.:coffee2:

say the word...and Mark says we'll "mount up"

Mark was also wantin to know if those sheep are still in the pen next door?

As soon as some parts arrive, I'll be calling....
No comment on the sheep.....but yea.

Happy birthday to you! Whoa, I almost started to sing there. You don't want to hear that Your ears would be ringing for months. When you say "With a twist", I start drooling. Every thing you've done on this car has a Twist to it. Maybe a good name for it. " With a Twist."
Enjoy the pizza, then back to work.:coffee2:

Well since Denny is a "off the shelf" kinda guy, who takes stock parts and modify's them...I just am gonna take already cool aftermarket stuff and make my own mod's. Actually while visiting Cedar Poilnt amusement park this summer I saw a ride called "Wicked Twister" so I kinda have been kickin the Idea around of using that as a name. No pizza for me, I didnt get the invite...:dontknow:

What a bummer, no pizza. Birthday or not. If ya go the other way with a name for the car, I've got a hell of an idea for a graphic. Maybe on the rear quarter. Are you still going with the Butterscotch on steroids paint? IMO that color will make your car really stand out. Keep on keeping on.:coffee2:

Denny,
The Chrome steering column is out and for sale in the "interior Parts for sale" section.....I'm gonna go with your suggestion, kind of.... but with a twist.
Selling the column should make Mark happy, I know he isn't a big fan of the shifter up there.

In the end I think your going to like the looks and function better of the floor shift. Happy birthday Ross!

FYI on the sheep... if you push them up to a cliff, they'll push back and it makes you feel wanted.
I am not saying, I'm just saying :blob:

Okay, to get away from the sheep topic, I decided to post some pics of the steering issue I ran into and my potential solution. With A body headers on the car I wouldn't have this proble but with B & E body headers and thier desigh once everything was mocked in placeI found that the number 7 tube was touching the column housing and that was without the shifter lever in place....so the easiest solution was to get a short column (17") and have the U joint inside the car and run a 1" tube down throught the firewall with a support bearing and then to the steering box, and of course the shifter will now be on the floor. I cut the factory steering column mounts off and will weld them on the new steering column mounting it exactly like the factory with the 3 mounting points.. more to follow once complete.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 981
  • duster 023.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 997
  • duster 024.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 982
whats the 1" tube for?....u-joint to the column shaft....3/4 inch shaft thru the firewall with the bearing support mounted to the firewall

whats the 1" tube for?....u-joint to the column shaft....3/4 inch shaft thru the firewall with the bearing support mounted to the firewall
. I saw they made a 1" or 3/4" shaft ...you know me always over killing everything so I was thinking 1" to match what comes out of the flaming river column 1" DD shaft.....

-
Back