73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross as cool as that is, and it is very cool, consider tinting you rear window and having it cut into the tint either as a leave out or say an insert in blue. That way everybody sees it the way you intended.
And yes Mark I sensed a disturbance in the force.
Andrew

Andrew,
Thats a good idea I will have to consider it....I'm really on the fence about putting anything on it. I could just make a clean shelf painted body color and calling it a day...although lighting it sounds cool too. decisions, decisions...in the mean time it's back to the hidden mod's.

Ross as cool as that is, and it is very cool, consider tinting you rear window and having it cut into the tint either as a leave out or say an insert in blue. That way everybody sees it the way you intended.
Andrew

:thumblef:

Andrew....I know you are a longway from us, but when Mark passes gas.....it could explain "disturbance in the force" you might have sensed....just sayn'

Stopped off at Summit Racing and picked up the new Flowmaster collectors, once installed I should gain 3/8" header to ground clearance and gain almost 3/4" inch header to body clearance. Also made the package shelf extensions, it kind of helps pull the whole shelf together instead of the new part there in the middle by itself. Still kickin' around the back light idea.....

Attachments

• duster 006.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,075
  • duster 009.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • duster 010.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,030
  • duster 012.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • duster 019.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,056
........................I too felt it

Obi-Wan-1.jpg

Easy......I don't like to brag on my World Champion (retired) status......

This is supposed to be about Ross's car and I don't want to hi-jack
his thread.

Thats quite alright, I enjoy a good laugh or two...the nice thing about posting all this on my thread is I don't have to go far to find it.

Did ya hear about the gay midget?

He came out of the cupboard!!!

Let's get back to work.:coffee2:

awesome build man!

maybe i missed it, but why the oval trap door in your rear firewall? i need to make a rear firewall for my car, didnt think of making an access...

awesome build man!

maybe i missed it, but why the oval trap door in your rear firewall? i need to make a rear firewall for my car, didnt think of making an access...

in case my electric latch release ever fails, since I shaved the lock cylinder I needed a way to access the trunk and manually pop the latch....

I thank Al Gore everyday for inventing this internet thing....its great!,... reminds me of hanging out in the garage/shop bench-racin' with my hot rod buddies from town ...except now,of course it's worldwide. While our hot rods were the main topic...we BSed and joked about anything and everything....how else did we get so friggin smart?

BTW Al...that climate change you also invented....is complete bull$h!t

Come on Denny, you know Al was right. It's 9 degrees here this morning. Last year at this time we were -10 to -20. We're expecting spring around May.

OK Ross, I've finally been able to read thru your whole thread since I subscribed, probably a month ago. I know what took me so long?

What I've determined are as follows:
1- You are going to have one badass ride when completed,
2- You have some mad skills,
3- You are fortunate to have at your access, and the knowledge to operate (key), the many tools you are using to do the things you want to do on your project I.E. water jet etc.,
4- You are applying your great ideas very nicely,
5- You are working in an awesome shop/area,
and lastly, this probably goes without saying but I just can't resist,
6- YOU AIN'T RIGHT!!!:joker:

Enjoyed the reading and the many pictures, ideas, creations, B.S. ing (yes - not back spacing), the things I've learned and may borrow.

Look forward to the next "turn of the screw" to see what you're up to.

Keep on keepin` on!:cheers:

Not a whole lot of progress this weekend (at least thats Post-able for now) Got the headers mocked up with the new collectors and as you can see in the pics I gained a little more ground clearance. I lowered the body back to the original position (1" lower in the rear, 1/2" in the front), also added the cut out's for the fender dimple holes so it looks a little more designed. Now to get the stance to stay there when it's all said and done.

Hey John (Old Man Mopar), I asked Dad what a two counter was and after a few laughs he told me that a local legend around here (Akron) named Jim Pace used to call my dad the worst street racer because we was a constant two counter......
now I know

Attachments

• duster 024.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 960
  • duster 042.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 921
  • duster 039.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 945
  • duster 032.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,395
  • duster 025.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 932
  • duster 012.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 925
  • duster 010.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 948
  • duster 036.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,418
  • duster 017.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 963
Dig it! Stance ROCKS!

After looking at the pictures above, my mind started wondering . . .
Wouldn't it be sweet if the quarter windows rolled down? :D

Not trying to start anything that would delay you getting to paint or anything like that, just saying . . .

So, what's a two counter ? ? ? Huh, huh, come on I wanna know too .:cry:

in my youth when racin my work buddies...in their chebbies...

instead of leaving on the count of three....they would leave on two...kinda looking for a advantage

didn't help

why does that thing sit so low???.......did someone let the air out of your chocks?

why does that thing sit so low???.......did someone let the air out of your chocks?

Why ??? Because it can....it's not just a Duster , it's a Hot Rod that just happens to be in a old Plymouth body. Lots and lots of extra effort to get there or here....but I think I'm preachin' to the choir.

perfect explaination of a "two counter" by the way.

Dig it! Stance ROCKS!

After looking at the pictures above, my mind started wondering . . .
Wouldn't it be sweet if the quarter windows rolled down? :D

Not trying to start anything that would delay you getting to paint or anything like that, just saying . . .

So, what's a two counter ? ? ? Huh, huh, come on I wanna know too .:cry:

I was just looking at the quarter window thing today and wondered the same thing but how could or would it be possible? Has anybody attempted this? I need a little guidence here with this one.

-
Back