73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
So whats all needed to go that low? I really should toss my fenders on one day and see where they sit with my wheels on at ride height.

I know the rear end on my car sits higher than I want right now but that will be fixed by lowering down the coilovers.

Riddler

So whats all needed to go that low? I really should toss my fenders on one day and see where they sit with my wheels on at ride height.

I know the rear end on my car sits higher than I want right now but that will be fixed by lowering down the coilovers.

Riddler

I'm not saying you have to do what all I did but your motor/transmission will be closer to the ground as will your headers. You'll have to limit your front suspension travel since there will only be 1 1/4" inner fender to tire distance before you rub. Since you modified your Transmission tunnel already, some driveshaft modification might be all you need inside.

ya...what gives????...how are we suppose to fluff (or critique) you without updates???

Didn't really take the week off.....I had Military commitments leading into and including the weekend and also have been working on some "special" little projects and once there installed will be posting the pics.

Here ya go, this is the best I can do for now.
I was hoping that Clayton machine works would come through and have something that would bolt in for a Custom Brake pedal ....but no such luck so I decided to make my own using 6061 T-6, the drop down arm is made from 1" thick stock and the pedal is 1/4" with a 1/4" reinforcement behind it. Instead of the 2 crappy little flimsy excuse of bushings the factory uses, I made a thick wall full length brass one. Of course it's not done yet there will be some recessed cap screws in the pedal corners and some special anti slip material in between, and of course it will get powder coated before final installation, but you get the idea from this. There will also be a matching gas pedal coming shortly.

Attachments

• duster 020.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • duster 021.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,599
  • duster 023.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,591
  • duster 027.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,601
Thanks, Heres a pic of the actual Clayton machine works pedals ....this set up will cost you $679.00 for manual transmission and $479.00 for automatic, thats why I made my own........ Very cool but also Very pricey.

Attachments

• pedals 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,579
  • clayton machine.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,592
Thanks, Heres a pic of the actual Clayton machine works pedals ....this set up will cost you $679.00 for manual transmission and $479.00 for automatic, thats why I made my own........ Very cool but also Very pricey.

Outstanding..... I'll see you tomorrow.

nice job on the pedals,,,,if you ever consider selling a pair im in,, i recieved the float less fuel level sender,,, it requires some added wiring,,,ill post when i get to it,,

Those look great Ross. I was expecting to see ovals on those pedals. Maybe I shouldn't think out loud. Great work.:coffee2:

Here's the latest and greatest on the K member.......Denny added sway bar mounts and got my Motor mounts all set up, also got the car back on it's off road tires.

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,544
  • duster 002.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,516
  • duster 018.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,543
  • duster 019.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,546
I'll bet the beer and BS flowed rather freely today at Pittsburg's (Plum,Pa) best pizza joint with the cast of rod rodders in attendance

I'll bet the beer and BS flowed rather freely today at Pittsburg's (Plum,Pa) best pizza joint with the cast of rod rodders in attendance

your assessment of the daily activities are spot on. I (we) had the Deluxe 16"...it was awesome, washed it down with a couple cold Yuengling's. You were included in the BS. Heres the sway bar pics with the infamous Scruff's guarding my stuff. Got a busy day tomorrow cutting and welding hopefully the changes will be photo worthy.

Attachments

• duster 022.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,510
  • duster 023.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,503
Scruff's?.........Yes, he will protect your proprietory data.

.........and your fake toy mice....kibbles and bits....etc.

Mostly he will find positively the best place to take a nap.

DennysShop01-21-11082.jpg

That stockton box looks alot more comfortable than the flat Jegs one. Should have used a Summit racing box.

Ross...

last link... page 12...post...295....pictures of trunk/tailpanel, it appears I left those brackets on and welded them to the existing post structures

better pics ...page 20...post ...478

Scruff's?.........Yes, he will protect your proprietory data.

.........and your fake toy mice....kibbles and bits....etc.

Mostly he will find positively the best place to take a nap.

DennysShop01-21-11082.jpg

Scruffs is a lot like Susan...... I talk and she doesnt hear me....

You know the BS was just flying... we covered just about every topic... from Rum to hot rods and everything in between! Wish you could have been there. We did a little parts scavenger hunt also. All the kids enjoyed it!

-
Back