73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I first thought since I didn't have all the power options like air conditioning, Power windows, Power locks or a modern drive line the ISIS would be over kill but after researching it more and thinking about all the electronics I will have like Electric Fuel pump, dual cooling fans, LED lights, push button start, upgraded ignition, electric water pump and then all the options that ISIS offers for those functions like soft start fans, delayed headlights, engine fan cool down..I think it might be the way to go.

First off, I love this build thread! What I like most of all is that you are saving a car that might have otherwise been parted out.

For our Scrapyard Six project we are strongly considering ISIS as it will allow some nice control and easier expandability of our car down the road. Dan Martinez from ISIS has been very informative and the ISIS architecture is robust. You don't absolutely need it but if you want to do electric locks, trunk, door poppers, any of that I'd say do the ISIS as it will be easier and lighter. We are swapping EFI though so that's a whole other harness. To minimize over current requirements we are going with TruckLite LED headlights, (I give these an A+), but they are a bit pricey. Our Supra engine has a pretty strong Denso alternator so I'm not too worried here.

Drop me a PM if you are leaning towards it and I can give you a better idea on how we'd like to deploy it.

No Rum and Diet Cherry Cokes this weekend....Not when theres wiring involved, Did I mention I hate wiring, but I feel I have a head start on things once the car comes back and I start wiring in the fuse box. The relays are wired in and the billet buttons are ready to hook to a power source. All the white wires coming from the relays go to Battery hot and the blue ones go to thier device (fans, fuel pumps, lights, ect...) I think this is the biggest headache and from here on out it should go fairly easy. The first pic showed all the wires from the buttons before I started and the other pics show them all cleaned up and ready to go.
attachment.php

Attachments

• wiring 003.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • wiring 004.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 1,007
Thanks Ross for finishing my dash! I'll send you a core in return.

For not liking wiring your sure doing a damn nice job.

Thanks Ross for finishing my dash! I'll send you a core in return.

For not liking wiring your sure doing a damn nice job.

No problem....And thank you for painting my A body in my favorite color, I'll send you mine as a core.

you are the master.....there is gonna be soooooo much cool stuff on this, it will take someone an hour of pokin around just to hit the big stuff

i cant imagine what my motor would cost to build today,,,i bought every thing as i found it when it was a deal,,,and was still just over 6 grand back in 1996

Attachments

• refreshing the cuda july 2008 064.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 968
Super job ,getting closer ,can't stop now .

I'm gonna have to concentrate on free stuff for a while......after the machine shop stuff and a new roof and vinyl siding for the house oh, and a couple (3) exterior doors also, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention for a month or so. But Vegas is coming up in Febuary..where I'll win it all back, of course if there's any truth to the whole Mayan calander thing next Week it really won't matter.

I'm gonna have to concentrate on free stuff for a while......after the machine shop stuff and a new roof and vinyl siding for the house oh, and a couple (3) exterior doors also, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention for a month or so. But Vegas is coming up in Febuary..where I'll win it all back, of course if there's any truth to the whole Mayan calander thing next Week it really won't matter.

keep reminding yourself.............. Leap Year.........

Wait till you get the bill for the body work and paint.

OUCH!!!!

So my Dad and his friend drive 300+ miles each way today with Cash and a trailer to buy this car, and once they agree on a price and my dad says "do you know a notary to get the Title transfered" and then and only then after the seller (Bob) knew he was driving all that way says " I can't find the title". Now if I have been trying to sell a car for the past 3 months I think that would rank sort of high on the list of priorities of things to get or you might have mentioned it in one of there phone conversations. Just thought I would pass this on (since the seller likes to forget to mention this) in case anyone out there is interested in this project Maybe that's why deals keep falling through, l trying real hard not to bash someone but, after $200+ in gas and toll roads not to mention 12 hours + driving, my 67 year old Dad is not in the best mood.
attachment.php

So my Dad and his friend drive 300+ miles each way today with Cash and a trailer to buy this car, and once they agree on a price and my dad says "do you know a notary to get the Title transfered" and then and only then after the seller (Bob) knew he was driving all that way says " I can't find the title". Now if I have been trying to sell a car for the past 3 months I think that would rank sort of high on the list of priorities of things to get or you might have mentioned it in one of there phone conversations. Just thought I would pass this on (since the seller likes to forget to mention this) in case anyone out there is interested in this project Maybe that's why deals keep falling through, l trying real hard not to bash someone but, after $200+ in gas and toll roads not to mention 12 hours + driving, my 67 year old Dad is not in the best mood.
attachment.php

did he get it anyway? if so its not hard to get a title. have it inspected buy the police, go to a justice of the piece and with that and a bill of sale, apply for a title/court order and in about 3 months if no leans you have a title. a paper trail is nice if it was registered b4 hand of a know owner.

....so did he buy it?

Nope, he's driving back empty trailer.....not to mention it really needed alot and the overall quality of everything wasn't that nice. But the main reason was the guy's attitude toward the whole situation. So he's still looking for a complete or semi-complete car. Got one in the $ 13k range?

did he get it anyway? if so its not hard to get a title. have it inspected buy the police, go to a justice of the piece and with that and a bill of sale, apply for a title/court order and in about 3 months if no leans you have a title. a paper trail is nice if it was registered b4 hand of a know owner.

It was the whole situation and lack of concern or information during conversations that's why he passed. If you lost your title and you've been trying to sell a car for 3 months you might want to get a duplicate instead of not telling a buyer till they drive all that way, just a crappy way to do business and makes you wonder what else is he not telling you. There's several other things that happened and the title thing was the icing on the cake.

doubt your interested but have a 1972 plymouth duster 340 racecar. racecar ill include this now ( no title ) lol plans were to get the vin off the rad support get a title and make it street legal. have another car i want back on the road so im selling this one. let me know if your interested

i bought a '65 caddy coupe in the spring cheap. dude gave me a bill of sale,but it wasn't notorized and i NEVER thought to look! been pissing around with this dude for like 5 months now. i mean,it really isn't that hard to get a bill of sale,get it notorized and send it to me. live and learn!

It was the whole situation and lack of concern or information during conversations that's why he passed. If you lost your title and you've been trying to sell a car for 3 months you might want to get a duplicate instead of not telling a buyer till they drive all that way, just a crappy way to do business and makes you wonder what else is he not telling you. There's several other things that happened and the title thing was the icing on the cake.

show Dave this.................................

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=214003

-
Back