73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross .....good to see you are still at it WFO....

have you checked your driveshaft tunnel clearance when the suspension is fully compressed?

Ross .....good to see you are still at it WFO....

have you checked your driveshaft tunnel clearance when the suspension is fully compressed?

Yea, did that yesterday....worked out that the axle to frame and driveshaft to tunnel have the same amount of room. I might have a couple extra degree's of driveshaft angle on the mock up but have plenty of adjustability to remove it..:salute:
Denny shoot me a pM with your phone number I have a question 'bout sumtin'

how do I do that ???...if you shoot me a PM..I know how to reply

it's not really nice to laugh at us....old guys.........

old can mean ...not too smart.....right?..

Great stuff Ross, I'm hoping to post some updates this week on my project. I love that nice bright colour. Looks great! I've been swaying to a bright silver or a gunmetal colour.

Riddler

Checkin out your build for the first time, kudos to you for some awesome fab work:hello1:, I wish I had half the skills you have!

On a separate note, I would like to close up a bunch of the a bunch of the holes in my firewall and inner fenders but I'm not sure which ones I need to close and which ones should stay open. how did you determine which holes in your firewall to weld shut and which ones to keep open? I don't want to have to discover I needed a hole I welded shut later in my build:yawinkle:

Great stuff Ross, I'm hoping to post some updates this week on my project. I love that nice bright colour. Looks great! I've been swaying to a bright silver or a gunmetal colour.

Riddler

As you probally know I was thinking about a bright silver with a blue Air Force theme, basically so I could keep the B5 blue interior which is why I bought the car....but after attending the Nats this year I decided I wanted something that had the same reaction as meeting a Pittsburgh Steelers fan...Loud and in your face. So this is what I came up with, add a custom black interior, custom black Twister stripe and the classic V24 hood blackout and this is what I came up with.

Checkin out your build for the first time, kudos to you for some awesome fab work:hello1:, I wish I had half the skills you have!

On a separate note, I would like to close up a bunch of the a bunch of the holes in my firewall and inner fenders but I'm not sure which ones I need to close and which ones should stay open. how did you determine which holes in your firewall to weld shut and which ones to keep open? I don't want to have to discover I needed a hole I welded shut later in my build:yawinkle:
thanks for the comments...As far as smoothing off the firewall I decided what essentials I really needed and came up with heater hoses, steering and brakes everything else is either hidded, relocated or deleted.

Why not have a little air force wings coming out of the twister emblem, like it was the center of the storm? It would give you the Air Force reference your looking for, but still stay subtle.

Why not have a little air force wings coming out of the twister emblem, like it was the center of the storm? It would give you the Air Force reference your looking for, but still stay subtle.
now ya got me thinking again !!!!!!!1

HemiMark...you took the words right outa my.......

rum and coke??....thats it!!!

.....NOW I just realized where you get your inspiration!

rum and coke??....thats it!!!

.....NOW I just realized where you get your inspiration!

I can't lie, there's been more than one occassion where I've sat in the garage semi loaded on Rum and Cokes looking at the car for idea's to materialize.........who hasn't ?

Well today is the 1 year aniversary of bring home the Duster.....As with any important aniversary I bought the car a couple gifts...first, my Hagan's fuel door arrived it looks like it will fit with litttle modification to the factory contour but putting in the B pillar looks to be very difficult and there would be alot of removal of the reinforcing structure so it's going to go into the Quarter panel close to the factory location second my Ridetech shock supports arrived yesterday from RMS so today I cut out the rest of the shock/axle brackets on the Waterjet...after a quick mock up it looks like they will fit and work perfectly..As I look back at all the time and money I've spent bring it back from the dead I realize spending the extra cash on a solid body would have been the smart move but wheres the fun in that ...I'll get some pics over the weekend, kinda anxious to get the fuel door in. Also decided on a name for the Duster after a trip to Cedar Point a couple weeks ago....WICKED TWISTER (it's a ride there) so that will have to be incorporated into the custom graphics

sounds familiar to me....except it wasn't a garage...it was a bar....and I wasn't lookin at a car.....well you can take it from there.....

-
Back