73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Popular here or not, this build is incredible to me.

Thanks I hope to add some different take things to the build to hopefully make people think outside the box and show that this isn't rocket science and most everybody can do the same mods I'm doing......maybe I've taken it a bit to far with stuff like Tow hooks but thats me.

:wack:

No way- this is my single favorite thread on this site and one of the few I discuss outside of FABO irl (you know when you have to go outside and talk to people)

You belong here! :blob:

Thanks...I work with a Chevy Guy who follows every post and sends me comments via texts and tells and shows everybody in the Prop shop even import guys the updates.....so stuff like that makes it all worth while.

I spent the a little time this morning polishing the timing cover/motor mount assembly since after talking to a local Anodizing shop he recommended removing the Heli-coils and polish out the cover since the anodizing process will dull the finish a shade or two. Monday I'll drop it off to be plated with a clear finish so I won't need polishing ever again. I also mocked up the Throttle bodies about the level of which they will be mounted, I wish my manifold would get here so I wouldn't have to use wood. It rained again today to the dash painting and clearing with the Asla Soft touch Clear will have to wait till monday

Attachments

• duster 018.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 661
  • duster 021.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 650
  • duster 022.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 645
  • duster 024.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 665
Now thats funny, when I mocked all this up to check my header clearance against the Milodon oil pan I just pulled up a chair and sat there and stared at it for a while. I have started down a road I didn't want to go down, until recently I wanted everything on the motor painted for ease of cleaning, then I thought about using a greyish military anodizing color but the Edelbrock heads shot that down .....so now I'm on a mission to have everything basically 2 colors Billet and Black, of course the Billet will all be clear anodized. I started thinking about making billet bolt on side covers for the block between the head and oil pan since I'll be eliminating the cast mounting bosses for the factory motor mounts, it should be a simple rectangular piece with the pasenger side having a hole for the filter location so when it's all together it will look like a polished billet small block. Unique and over the top ? I hope so.

you look like you are pretty handy and your doing an awesome job I couldnt help but notice you had the trunk floor and tailpanel out at the same time. A buddy of mine did this and the trunk opening was too small when he welded it all back together Just trying to save you the all the pain he went through

you look like you are pretty handy and your doing an awesome job I couldnt help but notice you had the trunk floor and tailpanel out at the same time. A buddy of mine did this and the trunk opening was too small when he welded it all back together Just trying to save you the all the pain he went through

I took lots of measurements before I cut everything out and it all went back together and fit perfectly, the car is (and Has) been at the body shop since last August and there are no fitment issues. Thanks for the advice and for helping out.

Ross,

Tell that body shop you want your car back..
But you are right fitment is a big issue I have not had any issues with my build because I did the same when it was able to be scratched.

The engine looks great, I think you need to work on your polishing skills that wood does not really have a good shine.

Sorry I am just saying... LOL

I finally figured out your body shop guy.....

he must charge by the month....not the hour.....just keep your fingers crossed it isn't by the year.

it is gonna be worth it...never look back (been there already)...always forward.

Ross,

The engine looks great, I think you need to work on your polishing skills that wood does not really have a good shine.

Sorry I am just saying... LOL

Yea I thought the white Rouge and tripoli weren't doing a very good job either....there's the other issue I'll have to face, the rough cast Indy Mod Man, looks like I'll be sanding and opolishing that too...

I finally figured out your body shop guy.....

he must charge by the month....not the hour.....just keep your fingers crossed it isn't by the year.

it is gonna be worth it...never look back (been there already)...always forward.

I gripe and complain alot about it but really didn't want the car home with all the other stuff going on (Dart), now I have plenty to do getting all the small sub assemblys ready (Dash, engine). So a couple more months wont make a difference. Although it kinda screwed the "Under Construction" part for the FABO Tent.

Today I finally got a break in the weather and got the Dash frame, Dash insert and Center Console painted Jet Black and then cleared with Alsa Soft Touch clear, according to the Alsa website once dried the clear is hard as nails and they say scratch proof but has the feel of rubber, Suade or Velvet. More to follow on that after it dries...the pics were taken about 30 minutes after the parts were cleared, from what I hear it will look different when dry. Enjoy

Attachments

• duster 044.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 572
  • duster 039.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 550
  • duster 037.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 565
  • duster 033.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 568
  • duster 031.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 577
  • duster 046.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 577
That is AMAZING looking stuff!

I see your coating some 2x4's also.....to trim off the top of your engine.

Alsa soft touch clear...

Ross, how on earth do you come up all these unique ideas and products?

Alsa soft touch clear...

Ross, how on earth do you come up all these unique ideas and products?

Lots of internet surfing on other car sites (non-Mopar), actually I was researching spray chrome options awhile back and saw it on there site and the wheels started turning.....Its not cheap stuff but when they had a 40% off sale back in March, I jumped on it.

I see you got the ashtray delete model also.....very clean look for us non-smokers

Lots of internet surfing on other car sites (non-Mopar), actually I was researching spray chrome options awhile back and saw it on there site and the wheels started turning.....Its not cheap stuff but when they had a 40% off sale back in March, I jumped on it.

Wow, that really looks great!

-
Back